PDA

View Full Version : C7 Z06 Crash Video

SA Heat
05-27-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm pretty sure this happened a couple of miles away from where I live as the road looks familiar....saw the same car at a dealership body shop in San Antonio. recently.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/inexperienced-c7-corvette-z06-driver-crashes-his-pride-and-joy-into-a-tree/

Sybil TF
05-27-2015, 10:19 PM
One less vette in the world...until it is repaired lol

Glad no one was hurt, have to say that so I don't seem like a b...

SA Heat
05-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Glad no one was hurt, have to say that so I don't seem like a b...

I laughed :)

Sybil TF
05-27-2015, 11:26 PM
I laughed :)So did I...someone post that on the corvette forum lol

Vombomb
05-28-2015, 12:32 AM
Love it, love how all these people rely so heavily on their drivers aids. I don't care if I sound like a douche right now, but that's what you get when you expect the car to do your driving for you... Glad no one was hurt though.

viper_eddie
05-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Was it cold tires?

Sybil TF
05-28-2015, 09:52 AM
So what actually caused it to go right? Scientifically speaking...

MtnBiker
05-28-2015, 10:20 AM
Lots of torque distributed unevenly to the road, probably due to different conditions under each tire (traction etc)...so the car got more push from the left rear than the right and voila, here come the trees. When you feel the wheels losing traction it's usually a good idea to back off the throttle. You can see the rubber he laid down after the shift to second.

FrgMstr
05-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Was it cold tires?

So what actually caused it to go right? Scientifically speaking...

Stability and traction control for the win!

"The car had been off the lot for about 24 hours. It’s a Z07 package with the manual 7. The cause of the accident was a misunderstanding about launch control: it was his [the driver’s] first time using it, it controlled the torque completely through first gear at wide open throttle. After shifting to second (expecting the torque management to continue working) it was unrestricted power to the wheels and just came as a surprise, which is why there wasn’t really a reaction to it. The car was in track suspension mode and sport 1 traction control, so active handling would’ve been expected to handle slight yaw from wheel spin, but didn’t. The driver was experienced with high power cars and owns a heads/cam/intake c6 z06 also."

FLATOUT
05-28-2015, 10:35 AM
Cliff Notes: Shit happens, be careful with powerful cars.

"The car had been off the lot for about 24 hours. It’s a Z07 package with the manual 7. The cause of the accident was a misunderstanding about launch control: it was his [the driver’s] first time using it, it controlled the torque completely through first gear at wide open throttle. After shifting to second (expecting the torque management to continue working) it was unrestricted power to the wheels and just came as a surprise, which is why there wasn’t really a reaction to it. The car was in track suspension mode and sport 1 traction control, so active handling would’ve been expected to handle slight yaw from wheel spin, but didn’t. The driver was experienced with high power cars and owns a heads/cam/intake c6 z06 also."

Sybil TF
05-28-2015, 03:47 PM
To bad he didn't test it where there was nothing to run into ..

Vprbite
05-28-2015, 03:58 PM
He probably thought he was safe cause it wasn't a busy road. Dont underestimate what a tree can do to you though. I know a little something about that.

bluesrt
05-28-2015, 04:38 PM
poor dude, that sucks, it can happen to anyone,shit happens- be careful

Vprbite
05-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Love it, love how all these people rely so heavily on their drivers aids. I don't care if I sound like a douche right now, but that's what you get when you expect the car to do your driving for you... Glad no one was hurt though.

I've seen similar things happen with people who think "it's cool I have 4 wheel drive."

In this guys case, cold tires could definitely have played a role. But stomping on the gas in 2nd in a high powered car is a recipe for trouble. We all know what happens to our cars if you don't squeeze the throttle.

FrgMstr
05-28-2015, 05:09 PM
Dont underestimate what a tree can do to you though. I know a little something about that.

Trees bite harder than Vipers.

http://kylebennett.com/files/hfpics/Viper_Wrecked_1_1024.jpg

Vombomb
05-28-2015, 06:42 PM
I've seen similar things happen with people who think "it's cool I have 4 wheel drive."

In this guys case, cold tires could definitely have played a role. But stomping on the gas in 2nd in a high powered car is a recipe for trouble. We all know what happens to our cars if you don't squeeze the throttle.

Right?! I love the whole "4wd means I can stop better in snow!!!" Mentality...

IndyRon
05-28-2015, 08:46 PM

"The driver was experienced with high power cars and owns a heads/cam/intake c6 z06 also."

Well, on the scale of experience, he must be comparing himself to the average 16 yr old female driver. Any person with any experience in a high HP RWD car knows how to control the rear tires breaking loose in a STRAIGHT LINE for goodness sakes. I could understand had he been in the middle of a high speed turn, etc, but c'mon. This guy is a rookie.

Sybil TF
05-28-2015, 10:00 PM
well, on the scale of experience, he must be comparing himself to the average 16 yr old female driver. Any person with any experience in a high hp rwd car knows how to control the rear tires breaking loose in a straight line for goodness sakes. I could understand had he been in the middle of a high speed turn, etc, but c'mon. This guy is a rookie.lol...

Vprbite
05-29-2015, 02:49 AM
Turn I to it and ease off the throttle didn't occor to him, Indy?

- - - Updated - - -

Trees bite harder than Vipers.
]

So I've been told. : )

bluesrt
05-29-2015, 12:26 PM
prolly lance a romance driveing

Vprbite
05-30-2015, 12:23 AM
prolly lance a romance driveing

Oh no he di'int!