PDA

View Full Version : Two Weeks and Counting Down.

Joel
05-13-2015, 09:26 AM
We are just 2 weeks away from the Tail of the Dragon. We are now over 130 cars and 230+ folks registered - and still going! Just a few notes for some of you coming in early in the week or Thursday. Here are some restaurants you might try:

Calhoun's - 1004 Parkway (Hwy 441) - famous for ribs and barbeque - next to Cherokee Grille
Crystelle Creek - 1654E Parkway (Hwy 231) - great bar and beautiful setting. We ate there last year on Friday night.
Cherokee Grille - 1002 Parkway - of course we're eating there Saturday night.
Margaritaville - 130 The Island Dr Ste 6101, Pigeon Forge - For all you Parrotheads!
Alamo - 705 E Parkway (Hwy 231)
There are also plenty of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Word is, pancakes are scarce and hard to find in the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg areas.
Easiest gas is out the East Parkway (Hwy 231) Keep your tanks full!

A group of us are going to the Alamo Thursday night between registration duties. If you're interested, let us know. We told them to expect a group of Viper folks and we're up to 30+ now.

For those of you who haven't been to the hotel, if you are coming in to Gatlinburg from Pigeon Forge, once you get to the first red light, stay in the right lane as the hotel turn is to the right over a small bridge. Those of you bringing trailers, please park them on the upper level so there will be plenty of room to stage cars for the events. The hotel will help you find the parking level.

We have folks signed up for all the cruises on Saturday and Friday night should be a great time. The parade should be incredible. Both part of Friday's dinner and the parade will be filmed and you can order a copy Friday or Saturday night. It will be screened Saturday night so you can see it first.

Thanks to all who have helped with the planning and to all of you Viper folks who have registered. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. But first and foremost, be safe out there as you come to the event. If you have any questions, please let us know.

DEADEYE
05-14-2015, 04:32 AM
I'm all giddy!

Brian GTS
05-14-2015, 07:48 AM
Going to be amazing! Don't forget your cameras and 2-way radios if you have one!!!

InZane
05-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Camera is ready to go, can't wait!

No hemi
05-19-2015, 08:11 AM
:car-smiley-003:I'm So ready for this!!!:car-smiley-003:

Stretch
05-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the update Joel!!

The excitement is building quickly. I cannot wait to roll down there! We should have 20 something cars in the northern convoy!

Next Phase
05-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Do we have an itinerary of events for the weekend?

HLANDIS
05-22-2015, 08:37 AM
Joel, dont know if i need to let you know, im sure you know, IM IN FOR DINNER THURS. NIGHT!! :) We leave this afternoon to start the drive up. See yall soon!

No hemi
05-22-2015, 08:46 AM
I'm in for dinner Thursday night too.!!

Brian GTS
05-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Joel - I think a majority of the Carolina crew will be at the Alamo on Thurs for dinner.

PatrickB
05-22-2015, 12:35 PM
Joel - I think a majority of the Carolina crew will be at the Alamo on Thurs for dinner.

Guess I missed that one....was thinking about going to Margaritaville on Thursday maybe.

Stretch
05-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Margaritaville!!!! That's where I'm going :D

InZane
05-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Is there still room at the Alamo for dinner?

uvbnbit
05-23-2015, 07:09 AM
Up early, couldn't sleep.
Counting curves, instead of sheep.
Three hundred eighteen, to be exact.
We're ready to go, we're already packed!
The Tail of the Dragon, a VOA Bucket List,
We must be getting close, our Viper is starting to HISS!
Owners are coming, from near and from far,
To be together, because of a car!
This year marks an Anniversary,
With so many Vipers, more than the eye can see.
So, if you are prepared, for a drive not to be missed.
You must have checked off
"ToDo" on your Bucket List
-me, 2015

99RT10
05-23-2015, 08:13 AM
Ok everybody, start praying to make the rain go away!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTN0398:1:US

Pujo_cubed
05-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Recently they haven't been able to predict the weather the day before, much less a week out. I will keep my fingers crossed.

This will be my first year going. I live in Knoxville, so I didn't get the hotel. I just plan on driving one of the days. Do you guys know what days the vipers are driving the dragon, cherahola skyway, etc?

Bmw2nv2000
05-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Pujo. Fri is the dragon day.

Hey Chip that's a cool poem! You did good brotha

PatrickB
05-23-2015, 02:36 PM

Stretch, you got a group going?

Brian GTS
05-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Guess I missed that one....was thinking about going to Margaritaville on Thursday maybe.

Everyone's welcome to dine where they like. Just figured a lot of us may end up going there. :)

....and no watching the weather until the day before. It's nearly impossible to predict more than a couple days out. My predition: 85 and wall-to-wall sunshine. :)

NSviper
05-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Nice poem Chip. Heading down tomorrow so see you guys next week....Don't worry about the weather it will be what it will be ....All sun :cool:

uvbnbit
05-24-2015, 07:49 AM
Nice poem Chip. Heading down tomorrow so see you guys next week....Don't worry about the weather it will be what it will be ....All sun :cool:

You coming down with someone else? Seems I saw on VOA FB page someone else coming from NS

NSviper
05-24-2015, 03:58 PM
You coming down with someone else? Seems I saw on VOA FB page someone else coming from NS

I was hoping so. But I think plans changed. That's if its Jon. Whats FB ha. It may be someone I don't know

Stretch
05-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Stretch, you got a group going?

Something like that. I did make a group reservation there for Thursday night in case we have a group that wants to go. I think I made it for 20 people.

Mad Max
05-24-2015, 10:00 PM

Stretch at Margaritaville? I'm so surprised!!

PatrickB
05-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Something like that. I did make a group reservation there for Thursday night in case we have a group that wants to go. I think I made it for 20 people.

Cool... I think the 3 of us are going to head over there Thursday night, not sure what time yet - we're helping with the registration table that afternoon so I assume it'll be whenever that closes and we get ready to head out.

Stretch
05-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Stretch at Margaritaville? I'm so surprised!!

I know right? And I'm sure I'll be stopping at the Cincinnati Margaritaville on the way home again, just like last year.

Cool... I think the 3 of us are going to head over there Thursday night, not sure what time yet - we're helping with the registration table that afternoon so I assume it'll be whenever that closes and we get ready to head out.

How late is the table open on Thursday? Hopefully we make it in town for that but we'll see. Planning to take our time driving down.

Joel
05-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Hope to have the registration table open till 6, then dinner, then back at 8. Course it may cost you a cold beer to get your registration package... LOL

I know right? And I'm sure I'll be stopping at the Cincinnati Margaritaville on the way home again, just like last year.

How late is the table open on Thursday? Hopefully we make it in town for that but we'll see. Planning to take our time driving down.

Stretch
05-25-2015, 08:45 PM
Corona!!!!

No hemi
05-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Nice Poem Chip, thinking of going to Margaritaville too !!.