PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Motorsports Park

Stealth78
05-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Grand Opening May 8th! Anyone going?

red heat
05-01-2015, 09:29 AM
yes. gonna be there with Northeast Track Days. will be driving an 09 red/black ACR

Stealth78
05-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Sweet! I will be there as well, unfortunately I will only be there spectating for now. I also heard parking might be limited so I think I'm actually going to show up in my Tahoe and leave the car at home. I will definitely keep my eyes out for you... or your car anyway.

red heat
05-01-2015, 01:17 PM
:dude3:

GhostStalker27
05-01-2015, 03:13 PM
yes. gonna be there with Northeast Track Days. will be driving an 09 red/black ACR

Hey I might join you on the track, seeing if I can get off work now

red heat
05-01-2015, 07:53 PM
the more the merrier. in all of the track events I attend in the northeast, whether its lime rock , watkins glen, thompson speedway, or lightning raceway, I am usually the only viper in the bunch

GhostStalker27
05-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Let's hope for good weather and I'll see you there, what group will you be running in?

red heat
05-03-2015, 10:50 AM
advanced. gonna probably be using the morning sessions to learn the corners. what color/year do you have?

GhostStalker27
05-03-2015, 10:53 AM
99 acr silver w/ blue stripes - They'll more than likely have me run with the novice group

Here's my first HPDE last year at Thompson Speedway,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbzZs5mBzI

ViperTony
05-03-2015, 10:58 AM
I'll be there in June and July. Post your experience/review of the track if you guys head out there this week.

GhostStalker27
05-03-2015, 11:04 AM
If this video is accurate meaning this is the condition of the track as of May 2, 2015...it's gonna need a really good cleaning before friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFBWkhMi9ak

red heat
05-03-2015, 07:55 PM
99 acr silver w/ blue stripes - They'll more than likely have me run with the novice group

Here's my first HPDE last year at Thompson Speedway,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbzZs5mBzI

lookin good!

GhostStalker27
05-03-2015, 08:30 PM
Haha thanks

Stealth78
05-05-2015, 07:36 AM
I'll be there in June and July. Post your experience/review of the track if you guys head out there this week.

As I have said, I have not physically been there myself yet but I have really high hopes. My friend Mark has already been on the track and he said it is world class and it trumps everything else in the northeast. Fingers crossed!

Bill Pemberton
05-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Be interesting if someone posts on Friday , as can't imagine how they will be running this course by then. Really looks super interesting , but they do appear to have a ton of work to do to have cars zipping around Whiskey Hill?!

GhostStalker27
05-05-2015, 12:46 PM
I'll post my thoughts, pictures and possibly a video friday night or saturday morning. Hey, Red Heat - fastest car of the day will officially have the track record - I expect that to be a viper!

red heat
05-06-2015, 10:24 AM
I'll post my thoughts, pictures and possibly a video friday night or saturday morning. Hey, Red Heat - fastest car of the day will officially have the track record - I expect that to be a viper!

I'll certainly give it my all, thats for sure. this year I am running Toyo R888s and these tires are absolutely awesome. very sticky when hot. just need 2-3 laps to warn these puppies up.
I turned a 2:15 at watkins glen 2 weeks ago with these tires and it was a cold day! Now you're gonna make me have to clean up my car so that the pics look good:dude3:

GhostStalker27
05-06-2015, 10:46 AM
I'll certainly give it my all, thats for sure. this year I am running Toyo R888s and these tires are absolutely awesome. very sticky when hot. just need 2-3 laps to warn these puppies up.

I'm running the same tires, ran them last september at Thompson Speedway on a relatively cool day and they were great. Should be in the 80s on friday.

ViperTony
05-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Be interesting if someone posts on Friday , as can't imagine how they will be running this course by then. Really looks super interesting , but they do appear to have a ton of work to do to have cars zipping around Whiskey Hill?!

It's an accident or two waiting to happen if that track isn't cleaned up. That combined with some of the Ricky-Bobby type drivers will make for an interesting day.

GhostStalker27
05-09-2015, 07:16 AM
Didn't drive the track. But from what I could see the track needs some TLC before it's ready - dust everywhere.. From the people I've talked to who drove it, they said it's the type of track where you never have the wheels straight, constant lateral loads.

The elevation changes look insane, the videos online don't do it justice.

Read heat driving by, end of "straight"... there was also a yellow gen2 viper and you can see in this video how much dust was on the track when it drives by..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdQVeVbweB8

Stealth78
05-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Hey bud, I was there early and had to leave early due to work. I did see your car (which is beautiful) but I couldn't seem to find you. I did speak with Bill and Falco (sorry bud if I killed the spelling of your name) and they were great guys. As you said pics and video due zero justice for the caliber of this track, it is amazing what they did to get this track built. It definitely needs some grooming done off track to control dirt/dust but they realize this and mentioned it in the morning meeting.

GhostStalker27
05-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Thanks man, next time bring yours..looks like you have the inverse color scheme (blue with silver stripes?)

To anyone wanting to track their car on the cheap - look into Track Night in America, $150..4pm-8pm..not sure if Palmer is on the schedule yet, but Thompson is

red heat
05-11-2015, 09:45 AM
the track was VERY interesting. its a very technical track and agree that there are constant lateral loads on the car throughout the track. for those of you who want to bury the throttle all day long, this is NOT the track. even the straightaway seen in the above video clip is not straight. it has a bend about two thirds of the way down the straight that cannot be taken wide open.
it took me most of the day to figure out a smooth line. last session of the day was great and everything seemed to click.
there are some very sharp hairpin turns in the track that have a significant climb in elevation as well as decline in elevation. I have a gen 4 ACR and it seemed that doing this is 2nd gear felt the best (I believe this involved turns 4-10).
yes the track was dusty, NOT rocky. one good rain would have cured that earlier in the week.
will definitely return to this track at a later date.
It was great meeting you viper guys! hopefully meet up again at another track event.

red heat (folco)

GhostStalker27
05-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Red heat, did you time any laps? If so what was your best?

red heat
05-11-2015, 01:59 PM
unfortunately not. don't have a lap timer in the car.