PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Iowa Vipers

slysnake
11-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Are you joining Crossroads or IL? Trying to decide which way to go myself. PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

BlknBlu
11-27-2013, 06:21 PM
If you have any questions from Crossroads let me know too.

Bruce

SmoknTires
11-27-2013, 08:11 PM
And I do want to people to join the region that they will be more apt to be active with. There are many in IOWA who are our members in IL who would be better served by the Crossroads region. Bruce is a terrific and energetic president, from what I've seen this will be a thriving and energetic region. I don't want anyone feeling awkward by changing clubs. Do what is best for you and support the local club you are nearest to! Good luck to our friends at Crossroads. We haven't discussed it yet, but I'm certain we would love to entertain a dual region event in the near future... ;.) We love large groups!

Taylor
11-28-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm as Far East as you can get in Iowa

ViperTom
11-29-2013, 08:18 AM
I contacted an IL member who lives in Geneseo IL and hopefully he can give you some input. I forwarded him the link to this thread

wedge500
11-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Hey Sly,

For me the decision is made based on the location of where the region is based out of and what will work best for me. Since, I am located in the QC area, the Illinois region makes much more sense than the crossroads which is based out of eastern Nebraska. Since you are a little over 2 hours south of me you might want to talk to members of both regions and see what fits your needs best.

slysnake
11-29-2013, 10:23 PM
BlknBlu

If you have any questions from Crossroads let me know too.I understand Bruce. It's like Wedge said, I'm right across the river from IL. The QC people are the ones I've done some things with and I just wonder which way people on this coast are leaning. I'm really closest to St. Louis and was a member of that region at the other place, but I never attended any of their events. I'm afraid it would be the same if we were going over to the "west coast". I just want to find the group I can be active with.

KRATEDISEASE
11-29-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm as Far East as you can get in Iowa

When you talk about Bettendorf, I dream of Rudy's Tacos !! Miss them so much when I lived in the QC.

steve911
11-30-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm in Madison Wi... Not too far away.

Rocket
12-02-2013, 02:00 PM
I think there are a number of us on the fence for a number of different reasons with the distance being a common factor. Illinois has a great chapter and are very active with the cruises and race events that they do. Bruce with Crossroads is very enthusiastic and also will do a great job. The Viper Rendezvous in Hastings is a prime example of a great potential Crossroads event - and for those of us in Eastern Iowa is 460 miles away. Contrast that with the monthly Illinois meetings @ 170 miles during the middle of the week. Agreed that the journey is half the fun - but there is a significant commitment both from a time and financial perspective to attend either of those events.

My personal opinion is that we would make a great subchapter under IL or Crossroads. It would take someone to step up and organize a few events like an AX or Dyno Day for example and as long as the region would throw us a bone and pay for some pizzas or something, we might feel like we were getting something for the nearly 50% of the dues that go to the local region.

Just my 2 cents.

BlknBlu
12-02-2013, 04:27 PM
in the old regime, we were in the same scenario. Tried branching off on our own with no luck. It was hard for KC to support us in Omaha with such a distance. Your best bet is to either Join the nearest region or attempt to start one on your own. Since Crossroads covers a large area, we will try to make sure we accommodate the needs of our members. we do not have that planned out as of yet, but once the money comes in and we get an idea of the scope of our region, we can make a better determination of funds. Hastings is for sure on our radar as at least a regional event, but hopefully something more(stay tuned).

Bruce