PDA

View Full Version : Paul's Tech Day Saturday May 9th. Whos coming?!!

Martin2000GTS
04-28-2015, 05:45 PM
We will be holding a "Viper Tech Day" Saturday May 9th in Billerica MA. The evite to rsvp and address of event will be sent out to all member emails shortly. If there are any other viper owners reading this and interested in coming to this event please shoot me a PM and I will give you the address and time of the meet. We are always looking for new members to hang out with!! Please PM me and let me know. Or just post on this thread if you are interested.

Rusty in our club will be having a new Transmission and clutch installed into his 1997 Gen 2 viper. Come hang out with us in Billerica MA at Paul's shop for a morning/early afternoon day full of tech advice on how to do a job like this on your own. Donuts and coffee will be provided for breakfast, we will be providing lunch as well (most likely pizza or burgers & dogs). Also check out Paul and his father’s nice collection of unique & rare cars they have a bunch of them and they will all be there. We will be meeting at the shop at 9AM and will be getting to work right away. However feel free to arrive at anytime if you just want to come for the hang out aspect. We believe we should have the whole job done in no longer than 4-5 hours max, so most likely the day will be over around 1-2pm. If anyone needs to do an oil change there will be a second lift bay open to use. Just make sure to bring your oil and filter! For more information please PM me on the forum and I will give you all the specifics. Or just post to this thread and I will contact you.

The evite will be out shortly to all the members. Please RSVP as soon as possible. This is a rain or shine event, and if you chose not to drive your viper that Is totally fine. But of course vipers are recommended.

We will see you guys there!

Martin-

Rosie
05-03-2015, 04:47 AM
Martin or Mr. President,thanks for dropping off your transmission off at Automotion(Bo and Paul`s place).I talked with Paul on Friday and ordered a LUK clutch kit,it should be here Tuesday.I have all the tranny fluid I`ll need.It also might be helpful to other club members that this is the same procedure you would have to do to change the rear-main seal that can be a problem.I will be planning on dropping off Rosie Friday afternoon at Automotion.Thanks again for the loaner transmission.Rusty.

Martin2000GTS
05-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Hey Rustywe better be putting that Fidenza aluminum flywheel in also! You will love it!

We are up to 12 members already and still 6 days away. What a great start to the season!

Martin2000GTS
05-07-2015, 04:26 PM
We are up to 13 Members and 4 more maybes. Last event at Dyno Day we ended up with 21 members. If you are bringing your viper please park it in the front lot of the shop. Please make sure to back your car in and all park next to each other so we can make for a nice group picture . All other cars park in the parking lot to the left of the shop which is for the restaurant next door. We have permission to park there. Any questions shoot me an email or a PM ! Seeya there at 9pm sharp if you want to watch the job from start to finish.

Martin-

HKViper
05-07-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm not a member nor do I own a viper, but I am currently shopping for one and would love to bend someones ear about Gen 2 cars, would I be able to attend even for just an hour or so to check out the cars and chat it up?

Martin2000GTS
05-07-2015, 10:20 PM
I'm not a member nor do I own a viper, but I am currently shopping for one and would love to bend someones ear about Gen 2 cars, would I be able to attend even for just an hour or so to check out the cars and chat it up?

HKViper!

Thanks for posting. Yes of course you can come. Ill send you a PM with the address. Looking forward to meeting you.! We have a lot of Gen 2 vipers that will be there. You will be hooked on the club in no time!
Martin-

BobZap
05-09-2015, 04:40 PM
I can't come. does anyone want to know how to change a clutch in a Toyota Echo! What a disappointing Saturday!

smhog
05-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Bob, you missed a good day. The weather was great and our Tech Day was a lot of fun. The guys at Automotion made it an enjoyable time. I think we had 10 Vipers.

HKViper
05-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Thanks to Martin and everyone else who had me as a guest and answered all my questions and showed me their cars. The hunt begins and I hope to end up with a viper long before the summer sun sets! You've got a great group!

Martin2000GTS
05-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks to Martin and everyone else who had me as a guest and answered all my questions and showed me their cars. The hunt begins and I hope to end up with a viper long before the summer sun sets! You've got a great group!

Ty,

Nice meeting you at the event. We will be having a car show at Herb Chambers on 114 in Danvers next Sunday. Hope you can swing by we should have a good amount of people showing up for that one, so you will be able to check out more cars!

Martin-

- - - Updated - - -

I can't come. does anyone want to know how to change a clutch in a Toyota Echo! What a disappointing Saturday!

Hey Bob,

Bummer you couldn't make, hope to see you and that clean RT-10 soon.

Martin-

ACRSNK
05-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Missed out on this one, but I'll be at the Danvers event next Sunday for sure.

Martin2000GTS
05-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Missed out on this one, but I'll be at the Danvers event next Sunday for sure.

Nice! Respond on the evite! Seeya then.

Rosie
05-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Kerrie and I at Bo and Paual`s place,Automotion in Billerica,Ma.I`m sure glad I took a quote from Clint Eastwood;(a man`s got to know his limitations).Number one the t-56 is a big transmission and there`s not a whole lot of extra room in a Viper,number two the t-56 isn`t an indestructable transmission,mine would pop uot of gear or I would have trouble getting into 2nd gear,a number of other club members commented on similar issues.A big THANK YOU goes uot to to Martin who gracious enough to lend me a spare he had bought as a loaner to me,#1 to see if it worked properly and#2 to give me time to get mine rebuilt;the LUK clutch kit I purchased was under 200 dollars,it was tough to get the disc centered but Bo and Paul got it and everything seems to be in good working order.We had a great 50/50 raffle with Ansel winning 85. bucks and the other half giong to the club,thanks to everyone.We also had some awsome Viper trivia questions such as ,How many Sneaky Pete logos are in or on a Gen 2 Viper,I went against the President on this one and asked it anyway.I may owe Chuck and Chathy another trivia gift on this one,I`ll keep you posted.Thank`s again to Bo and Paul for opening up thier facility to us and all their hard work on Rosie,I REALLY appreiate it as she turned 50,000 miles on the ride home.Carlos gets a tip of the hat for giving us a little extra in the till to cover the coffee and dounuts,thanks very much.It was nice to see everyone who attended and I hope we all learned a little bit more about the cars we drive,Martin I`ll go EZ on your tranny,Rusty.