PDA

View Full Version : NARRA's next event

NARRA
04-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

NARRA heads to "The Glen" May 15-17 for the Corsa Performance Exhaust Grand Prix! We are one of the lucky groups who held a reserved date with the WGI prior to their planned repave later this year. If Watkins Glen International is on your bucket list of tracks to get your Viper on, here is your chance. This is rounds 3 and 4 of the US GT and Whelen US Time Trial Championships.

You don't have to be a hard core racer to get on the track with us. Time Trial (TT) is a great place to take your driving to the next level if you already have a number of driver education or track day events in your résumé. Our TT is open to street cars, you don't have to have a roll cage, but you do have to have the required driver safety equipment. Test your skills against the clock as you learn how to find the best line and work with the other cars on track. You will have multiple competition sessions per day in order to work your way up to your best lap. There are 4 classes based on power to weight, so even if you have modified your Viper, we have a class for it to fit in.

The US GT is open to all, race license holding, drivers with fully prepared GT race cars. There are 4 classes in GT as well, and we typically run sprint length races of around 30 minutes.

We will be hosting a private review of the International Motorsports Research Center on Friday night that registered drivers are invited to attend. The history contained within the center is some of the best in the world. There are photographs and videos and even personal journals that cannot be seen anywhere else.

The TT cost for these events starts at around $500 for 2 days, and US GT starts at around $800. We have other options available as well, so please feel free to send us an email or a message if you have any questions. There are several members on this forum who race with us on a regular basis, so I am sure they are willing to help!

JonB ~ PartsRack
04-27-2015, 03:13 PM
NY UPSTATE VIPER/SRT OWNERS!

As the NARRA Pace Car Driver, I'd like to add my own personal "welcome" to The Glen, my favorite track of all those we have visited in Viper Cup / NARRA / Viper Days over the years. WGI is a "Bucket List" track for anyone, and even more-so if you have a long interest in being a fan of motorsports history. The Glen is Racing History, right up there with Indy and Sebring.

Come out and watch some GREAT club-racing; I'm pretty sure the gate is No-Charge. Take your Viper on "Thunder Road" parade laps behind my Pace Car at lunch time for a very small fee paid to the WGI charity. No helmet needed. If you are a PartsRack customer, I'll even pay that fee! And it will be great to put YOUR face to my list of customer names.

I bet we can even get you a lap or two in a Viper TT or Race car too. Bring a helmet just in case, and long pants.

I've met hundreds of Viper owners at NARRA events over the years, and NEVER saw one go away disappointed with their visit.

Hope to see you at The Glen on May 15-16-17. JonB@PartsRack.com

NARRA
04-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Jon is correct in that spectators are allowed access to the grandstand area at turn 1/2 at no charge. Jon always does a great Job of catering to our Viper Owners Association fans!

One thing Jon.....We are there the 15th-17th! Don't show up on Monday or Tuesday, we won't be there! Friday the 15th is practice and the competition days are Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see you there.