PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tuned a '15?

Satin69
04-27-2015, 10:48 AM
Hey guys I have a '15 that I've added headers, intake, and pulley. I'm now being told they can't be tuned w HP. Anyone else tried?

ViperGeorge
04-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Arrow has a PCM upgrade for 15s.

timberwolf
04-27-2015, 11:07 AM
I have the arrow PCM on my 15 and love it. The decel pops and idle are awesome. How loud are your headers?

Jack B
04-27-2015, 11:25 AM
I believe Mark J said the 15 Arrow PCM would be out this year, give him a call

ViperGeorge
04-27-2015, 11:29 AM
I believe Mark J said the 15 Arrow PCM would be out this year, give him a call

They are available.

mjorgensen
04-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Hey guys I have a '15 that I've added headers, intake, and pulley. I'm now being told they can't be tuned w HP. Anyone else tried?

The 15' has 2 different PCM's one for the TA and one for non TA. I have both on the shelf if you need one.

Thanks,

Satin69
04-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Thank you guys. I was hoping to spray the car but it looks like that might have to wait.

Mark- I will be in contact later today.

mjorgensen
04-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Thank you guys. I was hoping to spray the car but it looks like that might have to wait.

Mark- I will be in contact later today.

You can reach me anytime 402-677-2935 thank you.

mjorgensen
04-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Nice talking with you Satin69, I think you will be fine with a shot and the Arrow PCM.

Steve M
04-27-2015, 03:09 PM
Nice talking with you Satin69, I think you will be fine with a shot and the Arrow PCM.

I'd want to see the Arrow PCM timing table before I'd be willing to bet a motor on it.

Correct - the 2015 isn't currently supported. If you want support, you'd have to send them your 2015 PCM.

mjorgensen
04-27-2015, 03:54 PM
I'd want to see the Arrow PCM timing table before I'd be willing to bet a motor on it.

Correct - the 2015 isn't currently supported. If you want support, you'd have to send them your 2015 PCM.

Steve, you can log the PCM with the HPT to see what it is compared to stock if you have someone close with both. I'm going to the dyno Wed. with a Carbon car, if I think about it I will have him do a capture. Knock retard is still active though so if you have bad gas or other conditions the Arrow PCM will still protect as much as or close to the stock one.

Satin69
04-27-2015, 04:00 PM
Thanks for taking the call Mark. Question I didn't think to ask- will the PCM transfer from one car to another?

mjorgensen
04-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Thanks for taking the call Mark. Question I didn't think to ask- will the PCM transfer from one car to another?

During the "learning" process the PCM calculates the tolerance "stack" for the sensors, cam and crank. This stack up tolerance is different for each car and although it may run in another car you never know if it will hurt it until it does so I do NOT recommend exchanging PCM's and cars. This was done by some frequently with the G4 PCM to sell over seas, those few failures caused a lot of problems and the practice of "pre programming" is seriously frowned upon, this is part of the reason there are just 3 dealers for the PCM I believe although just guessing.

Jack B
04-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Mark

The HPT scanner has not been functional for the G5, however, they just released a beta that supposedly can log the G5. The questions is whether it can see the enhanced pids, that is where the knock retard is located. I might try the new beta this weekend, weather permitting.

What is the difference in the TA pcm that requires it's own firmware?

Steve, you can log the PCM with the HPT to see what it is compared to stock if you have someone close with both. I'm going to the dyno Wed. with a Carbon car, if I think about it I will have him do a capture. Knock retard is still active though so if you have bad gas or other conditions the Arrow PCM will still protect as much as or close to the stock one.

G37Sam
04-28-2015, 01:26 AM
I have the arrow PCM on my 15 and love it. The decel pops and idle are awesome. How loud are your headers?

I didn't know the idle was changed as well!