PDA

View Full Version : Tire Mounting in NW Suburbs?

MoreBeer
04-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Looking for a reputable place in the NW Chicago 'burbs that can mount my new PZero's. There is a place in Elgin not too far from me, but has horrific Google reviews.

Thanks!

Loud
04-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Unsure who can do this in the NW burbs for Viper tires. I recently got new tires on the ML550 and went to the new Discount tire store in Hoffman Estates [higgins and golf] and they did an awesome job. New store and large glass between the waiting area and garage to see what they are doing. Of course, that was for a SUV, unsure if they can do the same for Viper wheels.

challenger
04-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Looking for a reputable place in the NW Chicago 'burbs that can mount my new PZero's. There is a place in Elgin not too far from me, but has horrific Google reviews.

Thanks!

I go to the Discount Tire at Randall and Bowes in Elgin. They put the tires on my Ferrari and let me watch. but i did just bring them the wheels,not the car. I've had good luck with them with all my cars. And it's only 2 miles from my house.

MoreBeer
04-23-2015, 06:01 PM
A lot of helpful guys in these shops, a bit of phone tag and referrals (nobody can mount the 19x13 355/30R19s... Discount Tire in Elgin said they don't have the machinery anymore). I was finally referred to GJs Auto Service 847.923.0780 in Schaumburg by Project X Customs. They said "no problem", so I plan on giving them a shot tomorrow afternoon (only taking the wheels/tires, not the car). Was also told to absolutely avoid Chihuahua Tire in Elgin who was the only local shop that said they could do it, but have terrible reviews online.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, and please speak up if you know anyone better or are against GJ's!

-mb

challenger
04-23-2015, 09:44 PM
A lot of helpful guys in these shops, a bit of phone tag and referrals (nobody can mount the 19x13 355/30R19s... Discount Tire in Elgin said they don't have the machinery anymore). I was finally referred to GJs Auto Service 847.923.0780 in Schaumburg by Project X Customs. They said "no problem", so I plan on giving them a shot tomorrow afternoon (only taking the wheels/tires, not the car). Was also told to absolutely avoid Chihuahua Tire in Elgin who was the only local shop that said they could do it, but have terrible reviews online.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, and please speak up if you know anyone better or are against GJ's!

-mb

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't ordered my tires yet, I'm hoping to sell my wheels first. But I will need a place at some point. What about the dealer? Did you call them.

challenger
04-24-2015, 05:17 PM
I called the Dodge dealer and they can't even do it. They send it to Bunge's Tire and Auto in Elgin. They've been in business a long time, but I've only been there once. It's right done the street from Discount Tire. I never thought getting tires mounted would be such a problem.

MoreBeer
04-29-2015, 07:32 AM
I used Bunge's Tire on Monday. They are right next to ECC. Overall a good experience, guys were friendly and it took about 1.5 hours, cost about $150 for all 4 mounted and balanced. The guy took 1 look at the tires and said "Well, I can definitely do the fronts, those are the same size as the rears on Corvettes. I should be able to do the rears" :-). Said the rears were actually the easiest, the fronts were a 2-man job. They put a LOT of weights on one of the rears, I was really surprised. Rim looks completely sound.

Hoping to get the car buttoned up tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the leg work and suggestion!

-mb

challenger
04-29-2015, 12:29 PM
Glad it worked out. I will be taking mine there when i get tires. Do you live in Elgin?

Drlee50
04-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Unsure who can do this in the NW burbs for Viper tires. I recently got new tires on the ML550 and went to the new Discount tire store in Hoffman Estates [higgins and golf] and they did an awesome job. New store and large glass between the waiting area and garage to see what they are doing. Of course, that was for a SUV, unsure if they can do the same for Viper wheels.

I just went here too. It was good experience. Had a spare tire for my truck replaced and had 5 new tires mounted for my trailer. They did a great job. $20 a wheel. I brought in my own tire i bought off tire rack.

challenger
05-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Got my new tires done at Bunge's Saturday. They did a good job, and a good price.
I'm ready for Blackhawk on June 1st