PDA

View Full Version : Anybody selling this?

LeadfootRT10
11-27-2013, 12:22 AM
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4216105192.html

Found this for sale on craigslist. Looks clean enough, but looks can be decieving. And who takes the AC out of a Viper in AZ?!

stryfe
11-27-2013, 12:44 AM
I've done without AC in OKC before and I can't imagine it is any fun here. The KBB is around $26K for excellent condition with those miles, so I don't know if I could bring myself to pay that for a salvage title. It's so easy to total these cars (front end damage) that a salvage title alone doesn't throw me off. Probably some negotiation room there at least. The pictures look decent even if I don't care for the steering wheel.

TowDawg
11-27-2013, 06:30 AM
The steering wheel and A/C delete would throw up major red flags as to how the rest of the repair was handled. From my view, I look at it as they did that to save on the repair costs. What else did they scrimp on?

72hemi
11-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Judging by the information and pictures in the ad I would be very leery. My guess is when it was in the accident both airbags deployed and during the repair to save costs a non-airbag steering wheel was installed and it looks like the passenger airbag was replaced with some kind of plate. I would also bet the AC was removed because it was damaged in the accident and it was cheaper to fix the car without repairing the AC. I also don't like the idea of the hood pins, one they look bad but two and more importantly why were they installed? Is there something wrong with the hood latch? With all the condition issues I see in the pictures, the fact that it has a salvaged title and the high miles I wouldn't pay over $20k for it, but that's just me.

LeadfootRT10
11-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Agreed TowDawg and 72Hemi, the car is iffy at best. It would need a thorough inspection. I don't have the money so i have no plans to buy it, just thought I'd throw it up here for discussion purposes. Perhaps somebody else might be interested in pulling the trigger on this one.

99RT10
11-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Judging by the information and pictures in the ad I would be very leery. My guess is when it was in the accident both airbags deployed and during the repair to save costs a non-airbag steering wheel was installed and it looks like the passenger airbag was replaced with some kind of plate. I would also bet the AC was removed because it was damaged in the accident and it was cheaper to fix the car without repairing the AC. I also don't like the idea of the hood pins, one they look bad but two and more importantly why were they installed? Is there something wrong with the hood latch? With all the condition issues I see in the pictures, the fact that it has a salvaged title and the high miles I wouldn't pay over $20k for it, but that's just me.

That is being generous. I was thinking $17-$18K at the most. No A/C in AZ, really?

VoodooRob
11-27-2013, 11:42 AM

My 97 GTS does not have a passenger airbag, could this be a newer dash replacement? The more you dig, the less this car is worth. Buy it for parts worth only.

72hemi
11-27-2013, 11:45 AM
I would buy it to make into a track car assuming the frame is straight.

11-27-2013, 01:04 PM
High mileage: offer $21K- $24K?

WhiteSnake
11-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Has anyone checked this listing with the Bill Luke Chrysler Dodge Viper Tech, Eddie Martin? He probably knows most all the cars in AZ and may have info. on this one.

billseast
11-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Who's viper is that in your avatar pic?

That is being generous. I was thinking $17-$18K at the most. No A/C in AZ, really?

WhiteSnake
12-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Mine. I have 1600 awesome miles on her. I really liked my 2005 Gen 3 but the Gen 5 is so much nicer in every aspect. I'm very happy with her. The wife likes the G5 much better too.

LeadfootRT10
12-01-2013, 02:49 PM
So i'm going to re-purpose this thread, found this on Craigslist as well:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4221665233.html

Perhaps we could use this thread to post cars/parts/merchandise/other stuff that we find for sale locally. For example, I'd love to buy this piece of memorabilia but I'm a little short on cash lately with the holidays and all, but maybe somebody else would love to pick it up.

If this violates some posting rules, i apologize. If i could change the title of the thread, i would, anybody know how?

stryfe
12-01-2013, 03:47 PM
that would go great in a garage.

slysnake
12-01-2013, 08:04 PM
This posting has been deleted by its author.

Must have sold...... or something.

LeadfootRT10
12-01-2013, 09:18 PM

Still came up for me, very cool neon.

LeadfootRT10
01-13-2014, 12:28 AM
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/4284526263.html

I'm sure these would look awful on my Sapphire RT, but maybe they'll look great one somebody elses????

Leslie
01-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Can't use a/c at track and it's added weight, usually first thing to remove in a roadraced car.

AZTVR
01-13-2014, 07:49 AM
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/4284526263.html

I'm sure these would look awful on my Sapphire RT, but maybe they'll look great one somebody elses????

Those are not for a Viper, they are "Viper look" for a 5-lug car owners who want to make their car as cool looking as a Viper ! LOL !

slitherv10
01-13-2014, 10:51 AM
The car add say it was deleted by its author...anyone have a clean link to it?