PDA

View Full Version : Arizona club asking for some help from the Utah Club. Come In Utah Club

Vprbite
04-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Have you seen the thread inn"General" about the child who has been fighting pneumonia for a month in a Salt Lake City hospital? If so, you will see that I suggested we have national donate a banner and a 1:18 car and Randall was off and running with that in but a few minutes. One teency problem. The guy whose idea it was (me) shot off his big mouth and suggested that we offer him a ride in a real one when he is well enough to do so. out of excitement at the prospect of helping a child to feel better I plain forgot that Tucson is fairly far from Salt Lake. Well, so I came here to ask if a couple of the Salt Lake area Viper owners wouldn't mind being available to give a couple of rides to 3 yr old Ethan when he is better and out of the hospital? The national club is donating a banner and a model. Basically, a card would be included that explains the gifts are from the club as a whole to play with untill he is all better and can go for a ride in a real one. Rides donated by the Utah chapter of the the VOA.

Will one or 2 cars volunteer to do this? The idea would be when he gets out of the hospital and is better, a couple of vipers come by his house (or other fun location of your choosing...children's museum, well famous park perhaps?) and make him feel like a big shot and give he and a couple of his friends a ride and lots of pictures. Maybe an hour tops.

Any volunteers? Please let me know if interested.

Thanks
--Jeffrey Binder

94viper
04-25-2015, 12:24 AM
What time frame are you looking at?

Vprbite
04-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Just wanted to know if I could give them contact information for someone who wants to handle it from here on out. I am sending out the donations and such on Tuesday.

I figured I would just include email or a phone number for an interested owner or two who will give him a ride when he is feeling better. So, time frame can be set up for whenever works for you.

Thanks for your help. The club has come together and is sending this kid some great stuff for his collection and I think is really going to put a smile on his face. Getting him a ride in one when he feels better would be THE TOPS though, for sure.

Vprbite
04-29-2015, 02:09 PM
The card and gifts go out today. Does anyone in Salt Lake want to volunteer for this? If so, pm me in the next few hours and let me know.

Thanks.

--Jeffrey Binder