PDA

View Full Version : My first HPDE - video

GhostStalker27
04-15-2015, 08:56 PM
This past september I finally participated in my first HPDE. I had a great time, an awesome instructor (Rich from SCDA), and was told I did well (lapped the field on each run :cool:. ...granted I was in a Viper). I dunno if any of you use driving simulators, but I do and have since I was a kid. I think it gave me an advantage over the other novice drivers.

My first HPDE - Thompson Speedway, Thompson CT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbzZs5mBzI&feature=youtu.be

witz323
04-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Looks like fun. Props to your camera guy who captured so many different vantage points. Makes for a much more interesting video imo. Viper sounds great too.

GhostStalker27
04-16-2015, 09:34 AM
Looks like fun. Props to your camera guy who captured so many different vantage points. Makes for a much more interesting video imo. Viper sounds great too.

Thanks man, yeah he's great - it's good to have a friend willing to do all that for you. And yes it was a lot of fun, I plan on going it once a year until I can afford to do it more :cool:. There are a handful of tracks within a 1-2 hour drive which is nice.

VenomousOne
04-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Love the video. It's great how you don't hear a sound until the ACR comes around the corner! Ps: I think you scared the sh*t out of the other drivers

Leslie
04-16-2015, 07:25 PM
Great video!

GhostStalker27
04-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Love the video. It's great how you don't hear a sound until the ACR comes around the corner! Ps: I think you scared the sh*t out of the other drivers

Great video!

Thanks, some people in my group seemed a little surprised that a novice was in a viper. I guess the idea is you should work your way up to it. I think the notion that the Viper is difficult to drive is overrated - to me it's a pure drivers car.

GBS
04-17-2015, 05:41 AM
Very Nice! Can't get enough track videos! Love the Gen II ACR!