PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Michelin 1 Rear 345/30/19 ZP Runflat

BJG32
04-15-2015, 11:55 AM
I am posting for a friend rebuilding a 05 Viper. He needs one Michelin Rear 345/30/19 ZP Runflat. If you have one let me know the shipped cost to Rushville, NE 69360. PM and I'll connect you.

Thanks
BJG

ViperGeorge
04-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Wow, your friend should dump the run flats for sure. They suck. Get some Pilot Super Sports instead. He will be much happier and safer.

JonB ~ PartsRack
04-15-2015, 12:11 PM
I am posting for a friend rebuilding a 05 Viper. He needs one Michelin Rear 345/30/19 ZP Runflat. If you have one let me know the shipped cost to Rushville, NE 69360. PM and I'll connect you.
Thanks
BJG

Ben

"Friends Don't Let Viper Friends drive Run-Craps"

And a mis-matched runflat is even worse with taller or thinner tread and hardness. "DeathTrap"

If he is truly a friend, you wont let him do this! Esp when 4 new Pirellis are only $1229 and 4new Michelins $1289 from PartsRack.

Roddy
04-15-2015, 12:16 PM

Thanks
BJG

Yikes.

Vombomb
04-15-2015, 12:26 PM

Thanks
BJG

Toyo R888's, they make them in true stock viper sizes now, have your friend thank me later.

BJG32
04-15-2015, 12:55 PM
I know all about run craps! :)

He rebuilds and sells....up to the new owner if he wants to buy something new. Needs one more to match his set. The concern is appreciated though!!!!

Vombomb
04-15-2015, 01:06 PM
Well now we have concern for the future owner!

BlknBlu
04-15-2015, 01:31 PM
in no way would i reccomend a runflat to anyone even a quick sale. I can not do that in good concsious. Here you go prospective buyer, the tires have great tread but are very dangerous, just bought a new one to prove it. Enjoy your new ride.

Sorry not a good decision

Bruce

Vombomb
04-15-2015, 01:34 PM
:t1236:

Roddy
04-15-2015, 01:44 PM
in no way would i reccomend a runflat to anyone even a quick sale. I cn not do that in good concsious. Here you go proepctive buyer, the tires have great tread but are very dangerous, just bought a new one to prove it. Enjoy your new ride.

Sorry not a good decision

Bruce

Truth.

JonB ~ PartsRack
04-15-2015, 01:56 PM
I know all about run craps! :)

He rebuilds and sells....up to the new owner if he wants to buy something new. Needs one more to match his set. The concern is appreciated though!!!!

Ben, think about this ! Makes you wonder what other 'safety shortcuts' did this rebuilder do?!

BJG32
04-15-2015, 02:05 PM
He found a tire....thanks for the help.

That being said I had runflats on my 04 for 5 years. Never had an issue....but I also don't drive like an a$$hole either. I am sure not every seller switched out the runcraps before selling their car. Nobody needs to judge the seller here. Not everyone has money to toss into a car they are trying to profit and make a living on.

I have nothing to do with the sale other than helping someone look for tire who doesn't have an account here. Michelin/Dodge needs the lecture here...not I.

Actually when I sold my 04 I talked the buyer into new tires on his dime.... There was little tread left on mine, but I did warn him about the tires reputation.

BJG32
04-15-2015, 02:07 PM
He's not actually a "friend" either he's buyer for my ACR wheels. Just easier to say friend!

OK...I'm going back to the GenV forum!!! Good day!!

Mbccenter
04-15-2015, 02:24 PM
I have a brand new one with the stickers still on it.

Vombomb
04-15-2015, 02:45 PM
He found a tire....thanks for the help.

That being said I had runflats on my 04 for 5 years. Never had an issue....but I also don't drive like an a$$hole either. I am sure not every seller switched out the runcraps before selling their car. Nobody needs to judge the seller here. Not everyone has money to toss into a car they are trying to profit and make a living on.

I have nothing to do with the sale other than helping someone look for tire who doesn't have an account here. Michelin/Dodge needs the lecture here...not I.

Actually when I sold my 04 I talked the buyer into new tires on his dime.... There was little tread left on mine, but I did warn him about the tires reputation.

I guess all us dirty sub Gen V guys all drive like a**holes then, sorry sir, I know us commoners aren't to bad mouth yee! Wonder what it's like up there, in the Gen V forums, I bet there's talk of traction control, and cruise control... All the controls! My what a lovely place it must be!!!

Bmw2nv2000
04-15-2015, 08:58 PM
VomBomb I totally understand that your car come with the R888 tires and your proud of them but they are a Competition tire first and a street tire a distant second. So trying to convince everyone that they are the best tire hands down when 90% of the owners will never see the track is kind a waste of their money when an invo or an super sport will last more than twice as long and have even better street drivability and better wet handling.

Vombomb
04-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Meh, I'm usually joking around, because it's an R compound tire. I'm just really finding it hard to believe that you can afford a car like a Viper, yet can't throw around money on tires... Yes, my car came with them, but it's not my first car with them on there. I've run R888's on my vettes, and when these wear out, I'll put another set on the viper.

I like that for a "track" tire, it's surprisingly good in the rain "for the width compared to my vettes".

I guess I just like knowing the car will hook when I need/want it to, vs them lasting twice as long just to save money...

I'll shut up about them seeing as it's hard to convey humorous tones across text, and would hate to upset anyone who made the mistake of taking me serious ;)

Bmw2nv2000
04-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Calm down partna. Ive just noticed you commenting on how amazing they are in more than a couple threads and Id hate for a new owner who doesn't know much about tires buy a tire they will never use.
Cant afford tires? lol That makes no sense to question a guys financials because he doesn't throw his money on R compound tires. Im driving my 13th Viper and picking up my 14th one tomorrow so I can throw my money where I want bud. I just have no need for R compound tires so Im not buying them. Buy all means Im glad you like your R888's doesn't mean I have to buy a set.

Vombomb
04-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Where did I give the impression that I wasn't calm? Sorry if it came off like I was "questioning" someone's financials, that wasn't my intention. I was trying to say: don't go cheap on something as important as tires, if you're going to buy a car like a viper, better? I will be the first to admit that I'm new to Vipers and their power to weight ratio and snap oversteer tendencies, and I for one was glad someone had put r compound tires on them, as a new owner, because I found it comforting to know the grip was there.

I agree, not everyone "needs" r compounds, I guess I just went about it the wrong way trying to share my experience with them, in every day driving scenarios. In my OPINION they're great street tires, and I'm happy with replacing them twice as much as a guy with super sports, I see no other downside, as I don't drive in the rain much, and when I do, the 888's handle it just fine.

Again, it was not my intention to insult anyone or say what you should be spending your money on, I appologize for that! We're all friends here, lets put the guns down and hug it out ;)

P.S. Congratz on the 14th viper!

Bmw2nv2000
04-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Well said my my man. If I ever saw track time I would def be rolling R888's on a second set of wheels. we are cool brotha =)

Vombomb
04-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Well said my my man. If I ever saw track time I would def be rolling R888's on a second set of wheels. we are cool brotha =)

Maverick/Iceman at the end of Top Gun cool :p

Bmw2nv2000
04-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Can I be Iceman? lol

BTW looking forward to seeing Tims bumper on the orange. Tims good people

Vombomb
04-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Can I be Iceman? lol

BTW looking forward to seeing Tims bumper on the orange. Tims good people

Deal! Yeah the wait is most likely going to give me a stroke... Yeah he's the man, I'm waiting until he blows up so I can brag about how I knew him when he just started out :p

Vprbite
04-15-2015, 11:52 PM
I bought his used MGW parts from him before he started this parts business and answered questions for him through his knee surgery. So I win.

And as far as tires, I have always said the 2 places not to cut corners on cars is tires and brakes. Those are the things that keep you alive. Money tight? Push an oil change another month. Ac broken...roll the window down. But tires and brakes you should never cut corners on any car. That being said, a more race-oriented tire might be way too much for street use for most people. I heard the sport cups (which set the ring record and are definitely DOT approved) are terrifying in the rain. Plus, any true track tire is gonna punish your paint around town being so sticky. Also,many track oriented tires need to warm up a bit making them less stable when you first leave the garage. So choosing the best tire for you is not just about buying the "best tire" or most expensive one. Whether it lasts longer or not, I would think the first decision that needs made is "what surface will I be on the most and whch tire is best for that?" A guy like me, for instance, needs a good street tire that can respectfully masquerade as a track tire for a few sessions. But that's me. For now, I have the PSS on there but will take advantage of the Pirelli deal before the end of the year and as I inderatand it,mthe P-Zero is probably more fitting to my needs than the corsa. Of course I will do more research before I purchase. When I start out-driving the track capability of my more street oriented tire, then I will go towards more track oriented or run 2 sets.

Oh, and I want to commend you both for working out the miscommunication like men. Sets a good example for others on here.

viper_eddie
04-15-2015, 11:59 PM
Oh, and I want to commend you both for working out the miscommunication like men. Sets a good example for others on here.

+1 on that

Vombomb
04-16-2015, 12:41 AM
Yeah I really forget that text is so hard to interpret sometimes, and what I think is funny, another person might not :p But this ain't the Alley so I think we're all grown enough to be able to admit when we're wrong :p which is usually my newb a** lol!

99RT10
04-16-2015, 02:56 AM
Toyo R888's, they make them in true stock viper sizes now, have your friend thank me later.

Where do you usually get them and how do they compare to the Pirellis in regards to grip??

Vombomb
04-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Where do you usually get them and how do they compare to the Pirellis in regards to grip??

Tire Rack, and they're comparable to p-zero corsas.