PDA

View Full Version : Where should I mount Bell STi-R display and controls?

Vipercompany
04-14-2015, 11:53 PM
I have the AL Priority and Bell STi-R radar detector coming in tomorrow and I've been to the installer to get ideas of where everything's going to be mounted. Does anyone here have anything similar installed? Interested in seeing what locations you chose. Currently the STi-R display and AL priority LED are going on top of the mirror in a custom fabricated enclosure with a plexiglass front. For the two control pads they are going into a plastic surround in the headliner between the two cabin lights. Any other suggestions? I could have the display and led installed into the mirror, but the installer said it would look much better above the mirror and is less distracting.

Vipercompany
04-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Posting final mounting locations to give people ideas.

Zybane
04-19-2015, 08:46 PM
I'll be installing one too but haven't gotten very far seeing as I don't have the car yet!

Vipercompany
04-20-2015, 02:44 AM
I'll be installing one too but haven't gotten very far seeing as I don't have the car yet!

I would highly recommend the AL Priority "Parking Sensors"

Zybane
04-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Haha ya parking sensors. Well I'm moving to VA and I hear they are super strict on that sort of stuff. I'll install the STi-R plus hidden real well and keep a garbage windshield radar detector in the car to give the cops if they pull me over. I understand the STi-R plus is undetectable, but you never know...

Vipercompany
04-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Haha ya parking sensors. Well I'm moving to VA and I hear they are super strict on that sort of stuff. I'll install the STi-R plus hidden real well and keep a garbage windshield radar detector in the car to give the cops if they pull me over. I understand the STi-R plus is undetectable, but you never know...

Careful with the STi-R plus radar antenna. It can't be mounted behind our bumper, I had it mounted like that and just had it moved so it has an unobstructed view of the road. I compared it to the Max 2 windshield radar and when the STi-R antenna was behind the bumper Ka Bands would not alert until I was already next to the radar gun. Max 2 would notify way ahead. Just tested the new mounting location and they both alert at the same time. Will post pics of the mounted units in a few minutes.