PDA

View Full Version : Recall for doors popping open

KickAsp
04-14-2015, 01:49 AM
I've read of some guys having this issue. Apparently it is a faulty door handle sealant from a certain manufacturer, and now there is a recall. Does anyone know if this recall is on all '13 and '14s, or are there some cars that had different supplier. I haven't received a recall notice, nor have I had a problem. If anyone knows more, please post.

ACRucrazy
04-14-2015, 07:41 AM
I believe it was all. It's not like they made that many anyways.

mjorgensen
04-14-2015, 08:51 AM
Just an FYI there was a "pre notice" that went out to the dealers, there has not yet been an official released recall so we do not have a list of affected build dates for the cars. The process is being worked out and parts made available for this before official release is done.

KickAsp
04-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Thank you

KickAsp
04-14-2015, 07:53 PM
Just an FYI there was a "pre notice" that went out to the dealers, there has not yet been an official released recall so we do not have a list of affected build dates for the cars. The process is being worked out and parts made available for this before official release is done.

I just got a recall notice today

steve911
04-15-2015, 02:00 PM
If you want to count the pre notice, that brings up the number of open recalls on my '13 to three. The air bag sensor, door glass adjustment and now the door opening.

I'm thinking I'll wait awhile to get them looked at just in case more recalls show up.

Lawrenzo
04-16-2015, 01:27 AM
Still waiting to get my notice as well. If this keeps up my wife might start getting jealous of me spending so much time with the pretty service write up girl at my local dealership:t1567:

Bruce
04-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Still waiting to get my notice as well. If this keeps up my wife might start getting jealous of me spending so much time with the pretty service write up girl at my local dealership:t1567:

Which dealership is that, I need to bring my car in also :witless:

Lawrenzo
04-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Tuttle Click in Irvine. They actually have 2 very nice young ladies in their service department. Sure beats the old tobacco chewing, BO smelling stereotype of yesteryear.