PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland or???

95Viper
11-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi to all the SOCAL members. I'm a former californian now living in Oregon. My son, whoose in college is flying down to the LA area for 2 weeks during the Xmas break. His Gfriend is from there so she is gonna show him around. I was wondering if anyone down there has access to any deals/discounts for Disneyland, Universal Studio, Knotts Berry Farms or any kinda of fun place. Thanks in advance.

City
11-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Was just there in August. AAA was the only discounter I was able to find. Even then, it wasn't for much. Hope someone else has some better info.

Viper Girl
11-26-2013, 10:16 AM
There's a couple of options...

I have not used one but have been told about a "Go Los angeles card" it is good for most destinations in LA. Some places you save up to half off... I'm sure the GF remembers that LA is HUGE! and these venues are really far apart... so plan accordingly. Also add an extra half an hour if they are going thru the 405/101 interchange, it is still a mess... Use your smart phone GPS to see what the traffic condidtions are.

If the Go Card is too much and they relly only want to see Disneyland. There are businesses that lease a year pass for the day. Rates vary. You usually save $20 per person, but you have to turn in the card after you are done for the day. kind of a hassle but if the group is large enough, you can save a lot. At DisneyLand it is nice to have a Park hopper ticket and be able to access California adventure on the same day.

Also check out the Southern California City pass, it's a 5 day pass...

I wouldn't buy a ticket from a person on Craiglist, but you can find businesses on there that are actual physical businesses. to give you a clue of current ticket prices

Like City said, AAA would be the only other option I know of if you are not a SoCal resident.

Brad00GTS
11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Driving to Disneyland tomorrow, whats the deal with the 405/101? Should I go a different way?

Viper Girl
11-26-2013, 11:51 AM
the usual on going multi-billion $ construction and lane retrictions... Just give yourself extra time...

Newport Viper
11-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Just give yourself extra time...

Yeah not much to really worry about.....

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXxou7sBpwT7z3badkEce8GinRaRspM cxJlgAHPFtBYX6SbaCcsA

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4gFe0AaRe48/UGVYTQD9MGI/AAAAAAAAF6c/bdV9292KU1c/s400/carmageddon+mulholland+bridge+405+freeway+los+ange les+LA.jpg

Brad00GTS
11-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Would it be better to take I5 through downtown?

AlbertFattal
01-10-2014, 10:36 PM
My Girlfriend and I have annual passes, as well as front of the line passes all year. We will be going this Sunday so if he is still in town, let me know - I'm sure I can add him to out Front of the Line pass.

Viper Girl
01-10-2014, 11:31 PM
It really funny to me no matter how many times I've been there or how old I am... Going to Disneyland is always awesome.

Best kept secret that is about to NOT be a secret anymore... >>> Best day to go SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! <<<
Have done it twice... walked right up to the ride...