PDA

View Full Version : Forza 5 + a few minutes in the paint shop = Smoky's ACR!

Smoky
11-25-2013, 11:14 PM

Sweet!

stryfe
11-25-2013, 11:17 PM
nice! i always love setting up cars i've owned in Forza.

FLATOUT
11-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Damnit now I'm going to have to buy this console and game lol.

The_Greg
11-26-2013, 07:35 AM
How is Forza 5 so far? Please tell me its garbage so I don't have the urge to splurge.

Smoky
11-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Actually it rawks. I was disappointed during the very first race but that was only because they force you to use all the assists. Once all that was turned off it is GREAT. I usually hate racing with a controller (waiting for a decent wheel to come out) but with all the new force feedback effects in the triggers AND controller it is actually kinda nice. You can tell when you're about to lock up, or when you're spinning the tires, etc. The dynamics are excellent. The visuals are INCREDIBLE. The consoles are finally catching up to PC racing sims in terms of physics and graphics quality.

Highly recommend you splurge! It's worth it!

slowhatch
11-26-2013, 11:58 AM
I played forza 4 till i was blue in the face. Haven't picked up the xbox controller in a long time though. I agree though, the only way to play is all aids off--except for ABS, since i cant get any feedback from the controller its just impossible.

Smoky
11-26-2013, 12:03 PM
, the only way to play is all aids off--except for ABS, since i cant get any feedback from the controller its just impossible.

I also play with ABS on quite a bit. And now you can get feedback. The controller, throttle, and brake triggers all have their own independent shaker now. Imagine the possibilities for FFB wheel controllers with that much more data coming through! Pretty cool.