PDA

View Full Version : It really did happen!

MalingatorGTS
04-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Yes, despite the wind, the sun came out, the roads were dry and almost all the salt was gone!

Drove the car about an hour to meet up with some great car people for lunch and then an hour drive home. As this was my first real time getting the car on the road from when I purchased it in Nov, I'm in LOVE!

Now, that said, I need to work on my shifting and where the RPMS are in each gear on the highway, but that's to be expected with most cars. I have found first gear to be VERY short and still playing with just how much clutch I need to slip/press to grab the next, but all in due time.

The winter from HELL is over and I can't wait to drive the car again!

Some eh cell pics from today.

v10enomous
04-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Very Nice ! I got out today for the first time since November too... Still cold and windy as hell but at least the sun was shining.

pony23
04-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Awesome, I can't wait to get the car out there and rip it up. Looks like a nice group of cars you had there.

MalingatorGTS
04-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Got this pic sent to me today. I cracked up when I looked all the way over to the right!

A couple more just for fun

I can't get the last one correct on my stupid phone...sorry

Vprbite
04-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Congrats on getting out and enjoying it malingator! I didn't realize that you were new to Vioer ownership. You had enough screws loose I thought you had been a Viper owner for some time : )

Looks like a beautiful day.

One thing you mention is that first gear is short. That seems odd as stock gearing allows you to take first gear up to a pretty high speed before you hit the rev limiter. I mean, like almost 60mph. Perhaps the previous owner changed to 3.55s or 3.73s? I had 3.55s in my 02 and loved em. It did drop the top speed in first (and overall, for that matter) of course but I didn't care as it felt great and pulled like a rocket.

Looked like some beautiful cars and a fun day. Congratulations on your first good drive of the season.

MalingatorGTS
04-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Well perhaps it's my deranged sense of humor, but I've been into the modified car scene for a long time so maybe is why I fit in faster then some lol!

I guess "short" is the wrong term. I know the car still has stock gearing although the motor and trans have had lots of work. Perhaps it's my respect for the car and the learning curve that I haven't really pushed the revs in 1st. There is a Raptor shift light and I have yet to hold a shift long enough for it to come on. I'm coming out a a MUCH bigger SRT with a fully built 426 Stroker. High RPMs were not really in the program lol!

I think as I get more seat time I can start to see where the cars power band hits and how the car will react. Like I said, while I've never owned a Viper til now, I've build some stupid cars with way too much hp for most. Guess will just need to make up more reasons to take the Viper out more often!