PDA

View Full Version : "Wet" track tires

TooBlue
04-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Has anybody had any luck with any wet track tires? I'm not talking about full rain tires. I have a set of those. Problem is with the rain tires, it has to be raining or you will tear them up. JonB told me that if it quits raining while using these tires that I should drive on the infield or at a very slow speed to get back to the pits to change to a different tire.
I normally run R6s (R7s now) or Continental slicks which obviously aren't worth a damn on a wet track.

As many of you guys that track your car know, sooner or later you encounter rain or a wet track. There's nothing worse than getting ready for a track event and it rains. I'm not really interested in running in a full rain anymore. Not worth the risk for a track day. I am interested in running after the rain stops on a wet or damp track.

I know Hoosier will hand scribe a set of R7s for "wet" conditions. I haven't tried these yet. I was wondering if anybody has tried any of the other tires out there on a wet track..?
I'm running 18s all the way around so I have a little better variety as far as tires available.

Anybody use the Toyo R888s on a wet track? They have water relief grooves and thought they might work.

https://youtu.be/njyZMHk9S5Q?list=PLU9z0-HEZeJ5giWFzPeOK4qZ_Bzyop-Sf

bluesrt
04-03-2015, 09:42 AM
they say those corsas you have handle pretty good, for the circumstance

TooBlue
04-03-2015, 11:53 AM
they say those corsas you have handle pretty good, for the circumstance

I was thinking about those also. How do they handle in the rain?

The Corsas' I got from you are staying on the TT....
(The only water they will see is when I wash it.)

bluesrt
04-03-2015, 01:40 PM
I hear ya, a few guys have tracked them in t/a cars I read and said they were impressive, I think I recall bruce h. as one of them