PDA

View Full Version : 50 Vipers sold in March

ViperDC
04-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Down 17 from last year, no thanks in part to how cold it is been for most people in the country, I'm sure.

ViperSmith
04-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Crazy, its been doing so well last few months.

I think dealers willing to wheel and deal are drying up.

ViperDC
04-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Crazy, its been doing so well last few months.

I think dealers willing to wheel and deal are drying up.

Yeah I thought it was strange considering how strong the sales had been in January/Feb. Do the sales numbers posted on Goodcarbadcar include ordered cars? Or is it just cars bought straight off the lot?

Aspirations57
04-01-2015, 02:49 PM
I was 1 of the 50.:car-smiley-003:

The_Don
04-01-2015, 03:16 PM

This color is REALLY growing on me. Probably my favorite combo now.

ViperSmith
04-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Yeah I thought it was strange considering how strong the sales had been in January/Feb. Do the sales numbers posted on Goodcarbadcar include ordered cars? Or is it just cars bought straight off the lot?
new cars sold off dealer lots

Steve-Indy
04-01-2015, 03:46 PM
"the year matters"...at least in my opinion. Would think it important to know the model year distribution within the Gen V's.

ViperDC
04-01-2015, 04:30 PM
new cars sold off dealer lots

Ah, so this doesn't include people placing GTC or T/A 2.0 orders. Makes more sense then.

ViperDC
04-01-2015, 04:56 PM

Looks great! Timeless color combo.

timberwolf
04-01-2015, 05:12 PM
I helped for March too!!

KB Viper
04-01-2015, 05:18 PM
does anyone know the total of vipers sold in 15 vs this time last year?

ViperSmith
04-01-2015, 05:23 PM
does anyone know the total of vipers sold in 15 vs this time last year?

2015 ytd: 175
2014 ytd: 158
11%

Bruce H.
04-01-2015, 05:38 PM
We know that the '13 and '14 cars are being moved out with deep discounts and fire sale pricing mostly. But it would be interesting to know how many of the '15 purchasers are first time Viper buyers as opposed to repeat buyers, and of the repeat buyers how many were cashing in their $15k vouchers.

In other words, is there any indication that sales of Vipers at the new price levels are sustainable once all the discounting is done.

V10powerr
04-01-2015, 05:47 PM
I am probably going to get in trouble for saying this but wo discounts vipers will pile up - the recipe has not changed the cars are identical in power and looks from 2013 so why would sales increase drastically as in the cars sell off-
There is an old saying - if nothing changes, nothing changes -
Went to tomball dodge today - great people great inventory - over 25 vipers and no hellcats as they are selling like hot cakes-
Before people get upset - I have a gen 5 and love it but there are not enough of me and U out there.
The one of one will not get enough sales to sell out 2015 inventory -
I hope I am wrong

ViperDC
04-01-2015, 05:54 PM
They need to quit jacking around and bring out the convertible/targa/whatever and ACR and sales will climb dramatically. Also, I'm not sure why you say that without discounts they will "pile up" considering you are comparing how they sold at 2013 pricing vs 2015 pricing. The cars are much more reasonably priced now than they were in 2013 (a bargain for a hand built car).

Also, the one of one program has nothing to do with dealer inventory. GTC cars are made to order...as in they don't get made unless someone orders one since each one is tailored to the buyer. They won't be "piling up" anywhere.

The_Don
04-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Honestly, I think the biggest reason for lack of sales is poor marketing. Most people don't know they still make vipers and if they do, they don't know anything about them. It's really a shame because it's such a fantastic car.

dethred
04-01-2015, 07:06 PM
I wonder how much it would if they had a proper build site?

ViperSmith
04-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Tell buyers if they buy one, they'll get the dealers next Hellcat allocation

Problem solved :)

Aspirations57
04-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Honestly, I think the biggest reason for lack of sales is poor marketing. Most people don't know they still make vipers and if they do, they don't know anything about them. It's really a shame because it's such a fantastic car.

Nail on Head!!!! Once I sold my Ferrari my intent was to pick up a 2015 CTS-V coupe Manual trans and then order a 2015-16 Z06/z07 I fogot all about the Viper
and this is someone who owned 5 of them through the years. Found the Caddy so step 1 was complete. HORRIBLE effort by the Dodge marketing team on the Viper but that has already been discussed here I presume.
While looking through e-bay I remembered about the Viper, put together on paper what options I had to have and started the search. I have only got to put around 65 miles on it since Iam away from it now but I couldnt be happier with my choice. To ME its an American exotic musclecar. Part of me wants sales to be low so I have the only one so to speak but this newest version has EVERYTHING a motorhead could want and more...Would I have bought it at its 156,xxx MSRP sorry no but at the price I bought it at the new Vette was a few grand more and I would have had to wait for it so it worked out well for me. One other BIG reason I bought the Viper, its a NA car.

I wonder how much it would if they had a proper build site?

+1 I was able to do that with the Z07 I was considering and it was nice to have a few pics in front of me to see how it all came together. NO excuse for not having a proper site.
What does everyone think of all the different versions of the Viper, good or bad for sales? Why not have a basic performance version with a huge option list so you configure like a TA,ACR or just a bare bones retro Viper? They can do the same with a more street Viper...Start with a more basic GT version with a big option list that falls on the street/race side and call it the STREET-ATTACK Viper,lol

Snakester
04-02-2015, 01:09 AM
I am surprised on how few published articles and especially performance car comparisons include the Viper. I really expected to see a comparison between the Z06 and the Viper, and yet they pit the Z06 against the GT-R Nismo and 911TT, but exclude the Viper? This is partly because publications only feature "new" models, and the convertible and ACR Viper versions have not been released, and partly due to bias. Meanwhile it seems like the Hellcat has replaced the Viper as Dodge's halo car (at least as far as the press goes). Even if Dodge is unwilling to supercharge the Gen V, they should offer a dealer warrantied, supercharger package through SRT. And then send out 2-3 press cars out to compare the car's superior performance to everything else out there. They desperately need something dramatic to put the Viper back into the limelight again.

Vprbite
04-02-2015, 02:08 AM
I know it's broken record to say but really it comes down to marketing. I went to my physical therapy the other day and two guys who worked there in maintenance were drooling over my car and asked to check it out. One asked if was a 15 (it's an 06) and the other guy told him they stopped making the Viper a couple of years ago, before I had a chance to answer. But they were both way into it and talking about how the Viper is their dream car, etc etc. well here are two car enthusiast, american power type guys who should be the ones getting excited about a new Viper commercial and they don't even know what the new one looks like or if it's even made. I've always said part of the appeal of the Viper is it's attaianability. A normal person can make this dream a reality where as for a lot of people, an aventador is just not gonna happen. Advertising a Ferrari LaFerrari obviously has no effect on sales, but letting your average car guy know that the Viper is still out there would help sell cars in my opinion. As everyone has said, driving one will sell you on it, but you gotta let people know they exist besides the people who already own one. We can only buy so many. But putting the Viper in ther Dart commercials would help move both. Hell, a paper ad in Maxim would probably help. But how do you sell a car that many people don't even know exists?

P.S. I was driving the Viper yesterday and in front of me at a light was a new dart and the plate read "LILMOPR" , I thought that was awesome but I couldn't get a pic in time.

Nine Ball
04-02-2015, 06:01 AM
At that track event I participated in last weekend, there were at least 75 cars registered and dozens of other cool cars in the parking lot.

I was the only Viper on the premises.

The car always had a little crowd around it, snapping photos, people that have done multiple events mentioned that they rarely see any Vipers participate in these events. The last one they recall was their event in Michigan, when some SRT employee brought out an orange TA. That was last year sometime.

In my opinion, the car isn't marketed well regarding its capabilities. Most people seemed surprised that I put down good lap times in a stock vehicle, they gave me more credit for my driving than the car. I'm certain the car is a bigger part of that equation. I had the fastest RWD car in my class, even beat the fastest Nissan GT-R.

I'd love to see Dodge go on a 3-car TA2.0, 3-pro driver tour of the USA and attempt to take every track record they can. That would be a huge viral video channel fest. GM/Chevy also do a much better job of keeping the social media lanes filled with Corvette and Camaro images and videos. Not sure why Dodge can't seem to understand that social media gets far more attention than TV or print does, nowadays.

swexlin
04-02-2015, 06:15 AM
Tony, I agree. Last July at All Mopar Nats in Carlisle, the Hellcat of course got all the attention, right down to Ralph doing burnouts in his Sublime. Great car, and I want one someday. That being said:

In 2013, they had an Orange T/A there as their halo car. Even then, they STILL didn't promote it, as it was up on a pedestal, and not on the ground on the midway. In 2014, a (then new color) Comp Blue Viper was parked next to a Black Hellcat Challenger the whole weekend. The hot models they hired never paid attention once to the Viper. People virtually ignored it. FCA just does not seem interested in promoting the car, the Hellcats are their new halo cars, pure and simple.

bluesrt
04-02-2015, 07:27 AM
the hell cat I think is selling itself, period- just the majic it has going on with it

ViperSmith
04-02-2015, 07:37 AM
Ah yes, the vipers terrible handling. Odd it holds half the top 10 records at Laguna Seca, must be a fluke

v10enomous
04-02-2015, 08:09 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-auto-sales-tap-brakes-135016425.html;_ylt=AwrBJR5rPx1VIS0Aaq3QtDMD