PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Hellcat

SmoknTires
03-29-2015, 10:45 AM
I'm guessing now I have to wait 2 more years to see my jeep hellcat.

Build it and they will come... I'm waiting!

Love all my past SRT Jeeps, but that power would be killer.

1ststrike
03-29-2015, 12:41 PM
Have you seen video's of the mules running around in Europe? They look wicked!

Viper Specialty
03-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Have you seen video's of the mules running around in Europe? They look wicked!

Not a mule... its a widebody kit done by some shop over there.

2010.Blue.White.ACR
03-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Jeep did trademark the name track hawk back in October so many that'll be it

ViperSmith
03-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Impatiently waiting

Viper Specialty
03-29-2015, 04:25 PM
I have been rocking my 2014 with a check in hand for the Hellcat Jeep... I just hope that someone at Chrysler grows a brain real soon on this one. It should not even be debated, just produced. There is really no counter argument against this that makes any sense whatsoever.

I never thought I would see the day that a potential Jeep has me sitting check in hand, while the Gen-5 Viper has me at "meh... maybe in a convertible".

FLATOUT
03-29-2015, 05:14 PM
Agree that's pretty sad, what happened to you lol. Did you just get tired of performance vehicles?

I have been rocking my 2014 with a check in hand for the Hellcat Jeep... I just hope that someone at Chrysler grows a brain real soon on this one. It should not even be debated, just produced. There is really no counter argument against this that makes any sense whatsoever.

I never thought I would see the day that a potential Jeep has me sitting check in hand, while the Gen-5 Viper has me at "meh... maybe in a convertible".

Viper Specialty
03-30-2015, 12:18 AM
Agree that's pretty sad, what happened to you lol. Did you just get tired of performance vehicles?

Nah... Not that. Every vehicle I own is performance oriented, and nothing is ever fast enough. That said, I am an open top kinda guy, and I just don't like the way the Viper market is going these days. Between the manufacturer getting involved with the aftermarket by proxy trying to leverage money by making my life more difficult, the higher turnover rate these days, different types of owners, and the lack of effort on the platform; I am just low on enthusiasm for the newer stuff at the moment.

I will likely always have a Viper, and would like to add a G5 vert at some point... But I am just thinking something along the lines of a twin turbo Italian V12 might be in the future. I just feel that I need to find out whether or not my hunch is correct about my build style being more at home with the Italian and similar platforms. I might hate it, I might not. It would just be nice to be in a market where quality is demanded at any cost, rather than everyone trying to under-cut the last guy, and consequences be damned to make a sale. Explaining over and over again that "just because it works, doesn't mean its right" is beginning to get old... and the turnover rate these days is exacerbating the problem.

Coloviper
03-30-2015, 10:47 PM
Continally wearing out my daily driver Cayenne Turbo S (has 117k mikes now) waiting for new Jeep Hellcat, Trackhawk, Hellhawk, whatever they call it. Will be the new daily driver and kid hauler if and when it does out. Not really interested in anything else on that daily driver front. The wife is wearing out her Cayenne Turbo (has 77k mikes) but she is waiting for the new Tesla Model X to come out and go through at least a year or two of production first to work out kinks before we dive into one.

New Gen V, kind of now waiting on new 25th Anniversary car in 2017. Collector approached me recently on a couple of my Collector Saleens but not quite the money I want yet. Then again none of the vehicles I want are made so not in a big hurry.

I agree, the potential of a Hell Jeep is very, very exciting.

Viktimize
03-31-2015, 04:07 PM
There is really no counter argument against this that makes any sense whatsoever.

From an accounting point there sure is. Hellcats are already breaking driveshafts. If you double the traction by making an AWD Hellcat, more stuff is bound to break. If they don't think they can get a certain reliability from it, they won't make it. Or they would torque manage the trans tuning so bad that it wouldn't be worth driving.

I'm sure Chrysler has this in their sights, but they will want to have all their bases covered before just slamming big HP at the Jeep and selling it. Fingers crossed they get the engineering sorted and make one of these.

Viper Specialty
03-31-2015, 04:33 PM
From an accounting point there sure is. Hellcats are already breaking driveshafts. If you double the traction by making an AWD Hellcat, more stuff is bound to break. If they don't think they can get a certain reliability from it, they won't make it. Or they would torque manage the trans tuning so bad that it wouldn't be worth driving.

I'm sure Chrysler has this in their sights, but they will want to have all their bases covered before just slamming big HP at the Jeep and selling it. Fingers crossed they get the engineering sorted and make one of these.

And from an engineering perspective, those are ALL very easily and cheaply solved by torque management, or a few extra dollars into altered components. For what the Jeep version would sell for, there isn't a cost issue in the entire platform that could not be solved with plenty of room to spare. We are likely talking a NINETY THOUSAND DOLLAR truck, which is based almost entirely on vehicle components which already exist in production. That's cake when you have the resources available to you that an OEM has. There are quite a few Supercharged WK2's as it stands, and very, very few have had any drivetrain issues... and that's not even the HP90 version.

The reality is a lot different. The Jeep Hellcat was not forgotten about for any sensible reason. They dropped the ball because of a company changeover, branding, and they were worried about it competing with another vehicle [a Maserati SUV] which has since gone in a different direction. Now they are playing johnny-come-lately, and it may no longer make sense as the refresh is due in two years anyway. It was little more than a corporate circle jerk with no happy endings for anyone.

From what I have heard, the prototype has long been finished, but no one would ever push the button for various nonsense reasons.