PDA

View Full Version : New owner in Wichita, KS!

SYDWNDR
03-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Hey everyone! Been drooling over posters and diecasts of Vipers for decades now, and until now the finances didn't allow for me to pull the trigger.

Just picked up a 1994 Red RT/10 with 40k miles on it, and I love it!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here, and maybe eventually meet in person at some Viper events!

I will post pics when I can get some nice ones taken at some landmarks!

-Guy

V1P3R
03-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Congrats on your Viper!!! Welcome. Probably going to have to post some pics!

Bill Pemberton
03-25-2015, 10:34 AM
From an old Wichita East High School Grad , cool to hear there is another Viper down in Air Capital. Congrats on the Snake and we will all look for pics in the future!

Rosie
03-25-2015, 01:13 PM
Dear SYDWNDR,I like your handle,congradulations on your 94 Viper and welcome.I can`t imagine having the Viper itch for more than a decade I could only take it for three years untill I pulled the trigger on mine,good luck with it.Rusty.

Vombomb
03-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Congrats and welcome, now post pics or else!!! :p

pdub
03-25-2015, 01:19 PM
From an old Wichita East High School Grad , cool to hear there is another Viper down in Air Capital. Congrats on the Snake and we will all look for pics in the future!

Haha, i'm also an East High Blue Ace. Small world.

congrats sydwndr!

viper_eddie
03-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Congratulations! I'm sure the wait has made it even more worthwhile. I came from a 911 so if you're not used to a low-end (high) torque car like this, make sure you take it easy until you get a chance to track it and see what it can do.

Bill Pemberton
03-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Cool, bet I graduated before you did , but my sister and brother also went to East High---and they are younger.

Fangs3
03-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Congrats and Welcome!

Cheryl

smhog
03-28-2015, 10:32 AM
Welcome and congrats.

Tim

BlknBlu
03-28-2015, 11:33 AM
Welcome,

If you are in the Omaha area look us up. We have a lot of events planned this year and usually look for a good excuse to get together.

Bruce

SYDWNDR
04-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

I've autocrossed for about 10 years, this is my 8th different car to do it in. I'm going to be a lot easier on this car, keeping it as "stock" as possible, and cleaner than the previous 7 cars. I'm used to RWD power, so I shouldn't have any problems keeping the back end in control.

Planning to even hit a few high speed touring events on some tracks. I may head up to Omaha, and even Lincoln, so I'll try to time it with the club events there.

Also, I might try to organize the Vipers in Wichita to start up a "club" type thing, since there isn't one here that I can find.

I've "plasti-dipped" the wheels for now. It's a great way to get a different look, and keep the original wheels as a future option.

I also painted the "Viper RT/10" badges as well...

Going to be "refinishing" the dash, because it's all scraped up. Will post a thread about that later.

Hope to see you all on the forums, and one day in person!

-Guy

V1P3R
04-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Thanks for posing the pics,...looking good!

My H-spokes were plasti-dipped black as well, then decided to just powder coat them.

You should look in to the Viper only event in Hastings, NE. It's the weekend of June 5th thru the 7th. Vipers only! Autocross and other events!

Look under the track section or here is a link.

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/6392-Viper-Rendezvous-VI-Motorsport-Park-Hastings-Hastings-NE-June-5th-7th-2015

don't know if the link will work.

Great weekend, Vipers from all over! Just an overall fun experience!

Scott Mannny
04-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Car looks Great!!!

If you want a great Viper only event, the Viper Rendezvous in Hastings June 5th - 7th is the Best Viper only track event in the Midwest!!!!! The event is sold out (45 Vipers), but I was told they might accept 5 more cars (need to call soon). The Oklahoma Region will be bringing 6 cars to this event and will be going past Wichita, so you wanted to caravan with us to Hastings just PM me and we will pick you up along the way.

Scott

V1P3R
04-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Car looks Great!!!

If you want a great Viper only event, the Viper Rendezvous in Hastings June 5th - 7th is the Best Viper only track event in the Midwest!!!!! The event is sold out (45 Vipers), but I was told they might accept 5 more cars (need to call soon). The Oklahoma Region will be bringing 6 cars to this event and will be going past Wichita, so you wanted to caravan with us to Hastings just PM me and we will pick you up along the way.

Scott

How did I know you would have more information!! :p0273: Thanks for giving an update. SYDWYNDR might just luck out an be able to caravan with some great people and enjoy a great event!!

SYDWNDR
04-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Here's an "artsy" pic that I messed around with....

Bill Pemberton
04-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Plus if you come to Hastings I would have to buy you a beer and discuss our High School daze! ....er days,haha.

V1P3R
04-14-2015, 01:12 PM
At think at this point your mind has been made up for you! You are going to be in Hastings the first weekend of June!

Do you think the Jedi mind trick worked everyone?

viperboon
04-14-2015, 03:37 PM
congrats on your predecessor. it is the reason we are all here... that car and the 2 prior years kina leaped the USA in to super car frenzy that still lasts to this day...

GenIIIDave
04-15-2015, 07:36 AM
Congrats and welcome. This place rocks!

SYDWNDR
04-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Thanks for all of the welcomes!

Got a friend of mine at the local dealership to throw her on the rack and take a look. She's just as nice underneath :) All the fluids changed, and alignment done!