PDA

View Full Version : sux 4 me - Tail of Dragon Trip in Jeopardy

VYPR BYT
03-24-2015, 08:47 PM
THIS SUX!
So I've been playing basketball with 20-21 year olds and last night the body gave me a wake up call... while starting a fast-break to the other end - POP, the left calf snapped.
Actually felt exactly like getting shot with a paintball gun in the calf.

Today the sports med doc says I need an MRI to determine the what part of the Achilles is detached, what part is still connected, surgery vs therapy, etc.

I'm 2 months away from from Tail of the Dragon and and want know if anyone on here has delt with this and how long till you could work that stiff viper clutch. Is 2 months doable?

I'd like to go the record say'n THIS SUX!

01sapphirebob
03-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Oh no!!!!

Hey...even if you cant drive the viper you should still come.

99RT10
03-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Ouch! Mike, you got to heal fast, Hey maybe put an automatic in the Viper............................ :D

J/K, get better quickly!

Stretch
03-24-2015, 09:19 PM
Damn!!!!!! Sorry Mike that really sucks. Hopefully you'll get good news from the doc.

Vprbite
03-25-2015, 01:50 AM
THIS SUX!
So I've been playing basketball with 20-21 year olds and last night the body gave me a wake up call... while starting a fast-break to the other end - POP, the left calf snapped.

Today the sports med doc says I need an MRI to determine the what part of the Achilles is detached, what part is still connected, surgery vs therapy, etc.

I'm 2 months away from from Tail of the Dragon and and want know if anyone on here has delt with this and how long till you could work that stiff viper clutch. Is 2 months doable?

Read the owner profile in the mag this month and PM that guy. He clutches without using an ankle. : )

uvbnbit
03-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Ouch! Mike, you got to heal fast, Hey maybe put an automatic in the Viper............................ :D

That was my first thought too, lol. Hey, Tony did it one year with a powerglide I think ?

IndyRon
03-25-2015, 07:36 AM
THIS SUX!

If the achilles tear is extensive enough to need surgery, you will be non-weight bearing for quite a while, followed by an immobilizer/boot walker after that. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Achilles tendon reattachment and healing can take up to a year before you are back to normal activity without a splint/boot. You'll be riding passenger seat in 2 months if surgery is required. Lets hope for some good news!

Ninjakris
03-25-2015, 10:11 AM
I feel for ya. I strained my Achilles at the base of my calf/heel back in December playing racquetball and its still not back to normal. I couldn't imagine a full blown tear. Good luck with the recovery.

C.J
03-25-2015, 11:22 AM
Sorry to hear about your injury. Last year at ToD, one of our members (Subsonic, who is still proudly serving in the 'Stan) had broken a thumb and wasn't able to drive his GTS. So he asked a friend to come along on the trip and drive his Viper! Worked out great, and everyone had a lot of fun.

GreenVenom
03-25-2015, 02:24 PM
That Sux but Best wishes!! Hope to see there

Vprbite
03-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Check your PMs.

I have some ideas. We are pulling for ya brotha!

No hemi
03-26-2015, 12:18 PM
SUcks to hear, Hopefully something can be worked out, but Achilles repair takes time to heal!! :(

BankerJohn
03-26-2015, 02:11 PM
MIke, Hope you get good news and can make the trip.

Joel
03-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Mike

We want you to come push, pull, drag, or passenger. Be there! Nothing like 100 Vipers and assorted adult beverages to ease the pain.

Joel

VYPR BYT
03-27-2015, 06:35 PM

J/K, get better quickly!

That was my first thought too, lol. Hey, Tony did it one year with a powerglide I think ?

LOL
Great Mike and Chip...
but you both know I'd be crucified by many on here if I turned up in an automatic viper, ha

VYPR BYT
03-27-2015, 06:38 PM
Oh no!!!!

Hey...even if you cant drive the viper you should still come.

Damn!!!!!! Sorry Mike that really sucks. Hopefully you'll get good news from the doc.

Yeah thanks... I'd really hate to miss it, especially THIS year!

VYPR BYT
03-27-2015, 06:54 PM
If the achilles tear is extensive enough to need surgery, you will be non-weight bearing for quite a while, followed by an immobilizer/boot walker after that. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Achilles tendon reattachment and healing can take up to a year before you are back to normal activity without a splint/boot. You'll be riding passenger seat in 2 months if surgery is required. Lets hope for some good news!

I feel for ya. I strained my Achilles at the base of my calf/heel back in December playing racquetball and its still not back to normal. I couldn't imagine a full blown tear. Good luck with the recovery.

SUcks to hear, Hopefully something can be worked out, but Achilles repair takes time to heal!! :(

Well I won't know the extent of the damage until next week when they read the MRI. I hear it's faster to heal from the surgery so my luck they'll recommend therapy. lol
This SUX

VYPR BYT
03-27-2015, 06:59 PM
SUcks to hear, Hopefully something can be worked out, ... :(

MIke, Hope you get good news and can make the trip.

Mike

We want you to come push, pull, drag, or passenger. Be there! Nothing like 100 Vipers and assorted adult beverages to ease the pain.

Joel

Angel, John and Joel...
I'm gonna try like heck to make it!

I'm actually starting to design a glorified shoe-horn that that will support the leg so I can work the clutch. Of course it must be 100% reliable, safe etc or I won't even entertain the idea no matter how bad I want to go.
It will need to be a stellar design.

VYPR BYT
04-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Had to get around the large building at work... all set now.

Snakes name is "Scooter" ;)

Everyone loves him.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/VYPR_BYT_94/scooter-20150327_182006_zpsvtkfti0e.jpg (http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/VYPR_BYT_94/media/scooter-20150327_182006_zpsvtkfti0e.jpg.html)

Vprbite
04-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Is it weird that I want one of those scooters, BYT?

brickauto
04-10-2015, 09:59 PM
That stinks Mike, get well soon!

BadAndy
04-14-2015, 08:11 AM
Are those Gen 5 rims Mike? lol

V1P3R
04-14-2015, 09:40 AM
the tires look a little thin compared to the Vipers I see! lol

maybe it's just an optical illusion.

those must be the economy/fuel saving tires!