PDA

View Full Version : Any members near VIR with garage space/ safe parking for a few days? :)

Martin2000GTS
03-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Hey guys I'm going all out this year with viper events. I really want to get as much use out of my car as I can since its been MIA for 2 seasons. I am going to Tail of the Dragon in May and on the way home (after the Pirelli tire tour June 1st) I'm going to head back home with the New England members. However I got this great idea over the weekend to somehow try and squeeze the VIR event the following week into this years events.

Instead of driving the viper all the way home from GA to MA and then all the way back to VA 4 days later (that would pretty much be impossible), I was thinking if there were any members that lived near VIR, or an airport close by that could house two vipers for the week. A garage isn't necessary, but just safe parking would be ideal. My plan would be to leave the vipers there, grab a rental car to drive home in. Then Friday after work grab a one way flight from Boston to VA, and race Sat and Sun! As of right now its just me and one other member that want to do this.

Any members interested in helping us, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Martin-

Martin2000GTS
03-23-2015, 04:56 PM
I just spoke to a person at VIR and they told me the best airport to fly into would be Raleigh Durham International Airport. about 70 minutes from VIR. I found a flight out of Boston for only $102 that lands 7:11PM. I can take a cab to the vipers and then head over to VIR Friday night. Just need a place to park them Monday night - Friday night. The closer to the airport the better of course. I'm posting this in Carolinas section as well.

If anyone can help me out let me know! Much appreciated.

Martin-

Martin2000GTS
03-23-2015, 09:16 PM
I got a hold of Janni in NC and shes gonna let me and Frank park our vipers at her place! HSes only 15 min from the Airport also!! Thanks so much!!

Martin-