PDA

View Full Version : 95 Ram 8.0 V10!

Vombomb
03-20-2015, 08:07 PM
Found me a sweet ride yesterday, lol. 1995 2500 with the 8.0 V10 :p Now I can say I have 20 cylinders of dodge power!

Anyone know anything about these things? It's just my beater truck, use it to go back and forth to mountain bike trails, so I'm not looking for any hp mods, just curious about the vehicles quirks!

swexlin
03-21-2015, 05:15 AM
I owned a 97 2500 V10. Great truck, 9mpg no matter what. Watch your coolant level...mine used some, never could figure why. Was a very reliable truck though.
Always been on a quest for an early 2003 V10 - VERY rare, as that was the last model year the Magnum V10 went in the trucks, and I believe final build dates were Dec 2002. Only ever seen ONE in the wild, and that was at Carlisle. If any Ram truck will ever be collectible, I believe one of these would.

Congrats, and post some pics!

Vprbite
03-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Found me a sweet ride yesterday, lol. 1995 2500 with the 8.0 V10 :p Now I can say I have 20 cylinders of dodge power!

Anyone know anything about these things? It's just my beater truck, use it to go back and forth to mountain bike trails, so I'm not looking for any hp mods, just curious about the vehicles quirks!

Congrats. I believe the 9mpg that swellin said. In fact, I bet depending on the miles on that bad boy it might be worse. I do see that being collectible though as swexlin said. I bet there aren't a ton of those still running around. Ya know what was cool is it was in 94 that the new ram body style came out and redefined what a truck was. That's when the ram became a truck you could take to work and still look sharp in driving around at night. Go off roading in it in the day and take your wife out to dinner in it at night.

I had a 96 ram 4x4 sport (all black with red badging) in 96 and that thing was the bomb. It was so cool even I was able to get action in High School cause of that thing.

Have fun and post up some pics. Hey did you realize all your vehicles make hippies cry? I feel mine do the same. And remember, every time you make a hippie cry an angel gets their wings.

swexlin
03-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Congrats. I believe the 9mpg that swellin said. In fact, I bet depending on the miles on that bad boy it might be worse. I do see that being collectible though as swexlin said. I bet there aren't a ton of those still running around. Ya know what was cool is it was in 94 that the new ram body style came out and redefined what a truck was. That's when the ram became a truck you could take to work and still look sharp in driving around at night. Go off roading in it in the day and take your wife out to dinner in it at night.

I had a 96 ram 4x4 sport (all black with red badging) in 96 and that thing was the bomb. It was so cool even I was able to get action in High School cause of that thing.

Have fun and post up some pics. Hey did you realize all your vehicles make hippies cry? I feel mine do the same. And remember, every time you make a hippie cry an angel gets their wings.

Great post, and I agree with every word!

ACRucrazy
03-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Neighbor across the street had two of em for work trucks. He liked em, not sure I'd want to pay for any engine repairs though.

SNKEBIT
03-21-2015, 08:51 AM
Change the spark plugs frequently. They like to seize in the head. Other than that, really good reliable trucks. Still have mine I bought in 96.

Vprbite
03-21-2015, 05:38 PM
This is what happens when vombomb starts his vehicles.

Roller
03-21-2015, 05:59 PM

I had a '96 2 wheel drive with a NV4500 that I used to haul my Power Wagon on a gooseneck trailer. I liked it for its torque and pulling capacity. Towing 10,000 pounds I averaged 10 mpg, normal driving 14.5 mpg. I would have bought another but in 2004 it was not available, so I bought a diesel.

Frank

Vombomb
03-21-2015, 06:21 PM
This is what happens when vombomb starts his vehicles.

Pretty much, I hate hippies so I make it a point if I start one vehicle, they all need to be started :p
I'll post pics when it decides to stop raining... so like in a month...

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-21-2015, 07:34 PM
I just bought a 2005 "Viper Truck" SRT-Ram 1500 Black a week ago today !
2-dr, 6-speed, Black as a Bats Butt. A BatTruck in fact.
Got it from Clint here on the site. Headers; Cat-back; Lowered; Fancy stero-nav. Black-ed OUT!
I have to confess, I poooh-poohed a "Viper Truck" as a bit of an oxymoron. I drove a prototype on the sly at the AZ Proving Grounds back in 2002....was not impressed. In fairness it was a motor-mule only, 6-speed.

I have hardly gotten out of mine since Sunday! Im looking for excuses to do errands.....Rain or Shine it has become a FAVORITE! I duuno why I waited so long to get one....

[I got 15.5 mpg on the 2hr drive home, and am getting 9.5-11 mpg around our rural town.]

I may need some advice: The taillights have a black-cherry painted tint....makes the brakes/signals too dim. I may take a buffer to the centers to cut that darkness.....any ideas on how to get legal and keep the look?

swexlin
03-21-2015, 07:37 PM
I just bought a 2005 Black one a week ago today !
2-dr, 6-speed, Black as a Bats Butt. A BatTruck in fact.
Got it from Clint here on the site. Headers; Lowered; Fancy stero-nav.

I have hardly gotten out of it since Sunday! Im looking for excuses to do errands.....Rain or Shine it has become a FAVORITE! I duuno why I waited so long to get one....

Yep, loved mine. Wish I still had it...

Black Pearl
03-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Ram SRT10's are a blast to drive. If you have any questions about the truck check out the VTCOA. There is a ton of knowledge on that site.
http://www.vtcoa.com/

Vombomb
03-21-2015, 09:25 PM
I may need some advice: The taillights have a black-cherry painted tint....makes the brakes/signals too dim. I may take a buffer to the centers to cut that darkness.....any ideas on how to get legal and keep the look?

LED bulbs for the tail lights? Would def take care of the bright factor if they exists...

Vprbite
03-22-2015, 01:42 AM
Jon B...what about the Lamin-X film? Their "gunsmoke" is plenty dark IMO but still let's the light through it seems. JVM down in Texas with the Orange Gen IV he got maybe last year or so, he has the rear's done with that and they look good but seem to let light through.

If it's the tint where they actually gave it a light spray with paint, I think you have to buff it completely off. So the Lamin-x might be a good solution. Good luck.