PDA

View Full Version : Best 4 post lift

Simms
11-24-2013, 11:56 AM
All,
I know this has probably been beaten to death on other sites, but what do you all recommend for our cars? I was thinking Backyard Buddy or BendPak? I assume you can get them in various colors to match your garage?

Simms
11-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Forgot to add that this is mainly for storage, but also for maintenance and occasional trans swap etc.

RedTanRT/10
11-24-2013, 12:52 PM
I've got a Direct Lift pro park, it's been great for 10 years. Many good 4 posts are out there.

If you've got the room, a side mount 2 post is the way to go since you can remove the wheels on the lift.

99RT10
11-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Nice to see you post Ian, www.completehydraulic.com

Simms
11-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys. The Revolution looks like a nice package for the price as well.

01sapphirebob
11-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Ive got a backyard buddy and i love it! Well built (right here in ohio) and hasent given me any issues

Thawk97
11-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Can't speak to 4 post - but I've got a Bendpak 2 post that I really like

Ricketts
11-24-2013, 06:52 PM
I've had a Rotary Revolution for quite a few years now, nothing but good things to say about it.

SmoknTires
11-24-2013, 08:50 PM
While I'm usually a big advocate for buying name brand quality, I also went with complete hydraulic like 99RT10 said. We have been very happy. In fact we put on a group buy in our regions and bought over 25 of them. Everyone has been very happy. I got to know the owner and he was a great guy. All their people were great. They'll come out and install for a fee. They were good people to do business with and had among the lowest prices found anywhere. Came with all pans, tarps, casters, etc... that some lifts consider options.

Joel
11-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Go look at some lifts to see what you like. I have a good friend who sells equipment and he has lifts in all price ranges. But cheap is usually cheaper quality and he says he does more repairs on the cheap lifts. Talk to some folks who use them and find out what they like and don't like. I have a Rotary and a Nusbaum lift - both post asymetric lifts. Neither will go under my Viper without slightly raising the car but they are great lifts. I have had the Rotary for 15 years and it has never missed a beat. 4 post lifts sometimes are hard to drive a Viper on because of the ramp angle and you can't service the wheels easily. Whichever you buy, you'll love having a lift.

Brian GTS
11-25-2013, 08:44 AM
I have 2 Rotary Revolution lifts for about 5 years now....no complaints. I looked at Backyard buddy when I was researching, but they were around 5K at that time, and I just couldn't justify the price difference. I believe I paid about 3K each for the Revolutions. I would recommend them!

99RT10
11-25-2013, 09:50 AM
While I'm usually a big advocate for buying name brand quality, I also went with complete hydraulic like 99RT10 said. We have been very happy. In fact we put on a group buy in our regions and bought over 25 of them. Everyone has been very happy. I got to know the owner and he was a great guy. All their people were great. They'll come out and install for a fee. They were good people to do business with and had among the lowest prices found anywhere. Came with all pans, tarps, casters, etc... that some lifts consider options.

Can you still get the discounted group buy price? I need to buy 2 more lifts early next year.

Slaughterj
11-25-2013, 02:03 PM
I have a little interest in a lift, but am wondering about some basics:
- for a 2-post lift, it seems (a) you get to change the tires, but (b) may not want to store another car underneath as you don't have pans to catch fluids?
- for a 4-post lift, it seems (a) you can store underneath, but (b) you can't change the tires?

Is that right?

C.J
11-25-2013, 03:53 PM
John, most 4-post lifts have a jack tray or a complete jack assembly that will allow you to remove the wheels when it is on a 4-post lift.

I'm in the market for a lift and looked at the following (the info below is from memory...should be pretty accurate though):

Bend-Pak: Nice lifts, but you need compressed air to release the locks. They are Chinese made. They are not sure where their hydraulics are made--guessing China too.
Rotary Revolution: Nice lifts as Brian and Steve noted earlier. They are Chinese made and their hydraulics/pumps are either from China, Germany, or Italy. I read this as "China".
Backyard Buddy: Nice, but nearly $6k delivered and installed! All USA made with Baldor motors.
Challenger: Nice lift, made in KY (as in Kentucky...) by Quality Lifts, USA pumps, hydraulics, etc. Great warranty. There is a local guy that will deliver and install for about $4200 for the 9,000 pound standard size lift. This one is on the top of my list right now. Aluminum ramps are available.
American Custom Lifts: Made by Challenger.
Quality Lifts: Owned by Challenger. They are USA made and this is the division of Challenger that makes the residential 4-post lifts.
Eagle: Chinese made, but some local installers were not crazy about them. They said they would prefer a Revolution lift to either Eagle or BendPak.
Direct Lift: Chinese made, and IIRC, the least expensive lift out there. Lots of folks have them, so they must be doing something right.
Stinger: Nice lift, USA made, lots of Corvette guys have them. Nobody local sells them, so ruled that one out.

I'm looking for a lift that has a good warranty, USA made (if possible), has local dealer to take delivery, install and handle any warranty or service issues, and a lift where the inner lockpoints are adjustable (to accommodate the slope of the garage floor). Right now, the Challenger lift is my top pick, and the price is very reasonable.

Good luck shopping!

gutterworks129
11-25-2013, 05:46 PM
13571358I have a Direct-Lift Four post lift that I can roll around the shop or in the parking lot with wheel castors. Hook a drop-cord up to it and lifts great. I like changing tires with the floor jack because I only lift the tires a 1/4" off the floor and easier to handle. Around $2500 out the door local.1356

LifeIsGood
11-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Direct-Lift Pro Park 9-Plus.

viperdude118
11-25-2013, 08:18 PM

I was part of the group buy a few years back that Alex just posted here. My lift has been great, it was a good deal. Here is the catch, a guy a week or so at work asked me about where to buy a lift so I said complete hydraulic, went on the net to find their info and see lots and lots of negative reviews of the place since the time we bought. I think the company may have gotten into trouble since the time we time we did the group buy. So just use caution and do research on it before you decide.

sparkrn
11-25-2013, 08:50 PM
I have a 4 post BendPak that is great. I like how bendpak uses no cables to move the locks, but instead use hidden pneumatics. Very smooth look and acutually uses engineers to safely design their products. Garage equipment supply sells this brand. I did a ton of research when I bought and thought the other brand looked like it was made in a backyard.

Glen97
11-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Mine is an Eagle 4 post with a jack that slides from front to back 7 years works great. Came with wheels. I think it was around $2500.

10PISTNZ
11-26-2013, 06:33 AM
I have the Direct Lift with the optional lifting jack. No problem changing tires.

Matt M, Pa
11-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I've had a BendPak 4 post for a few years...no problems. I too, preferred the air-locks as opposed to mechanical locks. Plus, the BendPak (and I'd suppose some others) has redundant locks at each corner. Besides the air-locks at each corner, there are also locks at each corner that automatically stop that corner should the cable get slack or break. They are also ALI certified...which to me is important. Great customer service, tech support and lots of options. I installed mine myself and am well pleased. My understanding is that the hydraulic units are USA made.

I know some guys with Backyard Buddy lifts and they are well made, quality lifts. My gripe would be (as a fanatic for maintenance) that the outsides of the Backyard Buddy posts should be greased/oiled. I'd likely rub into it, against it...etc...and get grease on my clothes, in the car, etc.

Joel
11-26-2013, 01:37 PM
I think the Revolution is the only Chinese made Rotary - which they did to compete I guess with other low priced lifts. Of course the others are quite a bit higher - $2500-2800 versus $3500+ but the higher priced Rotary lifts are usually 9000+ lift capacity so you do get a bit more for the money. And it is not just the hydraulics you have to worry about. Sometimes the steel used in cheap lifts is just not up to par with better quality lifts.

John, most 4-post lifts have a jack tray or a complete jack assembly that will allow you to remove the wheels when it is on a 4-post lift.

I'm in the market for a lift and looked at the following (the info below is from memory...should be pretty accurate though):

Bend-Pak: Nice lifts, but you need compressed air to release the locks. They are Chinese made. They are not sure where their hydraulics are made--guessing China too.
Rotary Revolution: Nice lifts as Brian and Steve noted earlier. They are Chinese made and their hydraulics/pumps are either from China, Germany, or Italy. I read this as "China".
Backyard Buddy: Nice, but nearly $6k delivered and installed! All USA made with Baldor motors.
Challenger: Nice lift, made in KY (as in Kentucky...) by Quality Lifts, USA pumps, hydraulics, etc. Great warranty. There is a local guy that will deliver and install for about $4200 for the 9,000 pound standard size lift. This one is on the top of my list right now. Aluminum ramps are available.
American Custom Lifts: Made by Challenger.
Quality Lifts: Owned by Challenger. They are USA made and this is the division of Challenger that makes the residential 4-post lifts. Eagle: Chinese made, but some local installers were not crazy about them. They said they would prefer a Revolution lift to either Eagle or BendPak.
Direct Lift: Chinese made, and IIRC, the least expensive lift out there. Lots of folks have them, so they must be doing something right.
Stinger: Nice lift, USA made, lots of Corvette guys have them. Nobody local sells them, so ruled that one out.

I'm looking for a lift that has a good warranty, USA made (if possible), has local dealer to take delivery, install and handle any warranty or service issues, and a lift where the inner lockpoints are adjustable (to accommodate the slope of the garage floor). Right now, the Challenger lift is my top pick, and the price is very reasonable.

Good luck shopping!

SuperBird4404BBL
11-26-2013, 01:49 PM
I love my backyard Buddy. I wish I would have picked one up sooner!

sparkrn
11-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Bendpak hydraulics are made by SPX located in Rockford, Il. :United_States:
Also for you guys that own a bendpak and used the anchor bolts that came with it. If u cut the excess threads off the stud you can cover them with chrome lug nut covers for a Dodge 1 ton pickup. Looks really nice.

C.J
05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Had a Quality Q4P09H 4-post lift installed yesterday. It's a nice unit that has Chinese steel and is assembled (not really sure what that means) in the US. The pump and motor are USA made and mine is wired for 220V (no cost option). The lift went together pretty easily (had an installer but I ended up helping him as his usual guy was out of town) and it squared up and leveled out quickly. A couple things that struck me as strange was the total lack of grease on the spindles that a little pulley rides on--look at the small black pulley in the following photo:

These take the slack out of the cables. A couple of them barely turned at all, so I removed the C-clip, cleaned, greased, and reassembled all four of them -- once cleaned, they were very easy to rotate. Two of the pulleys had some junk (like parts of an old rag) in the pulleys that was easy to clean up:

Here's a photo of the small pulleys back in place with the cable and the sheaves. The axle the sheaves ride on is large...probably 1.25 inch diameter, maybe larger, so they should be very reliable.

I also ordered the 4,500 pound capacity rolling jack. Pump was defective (China) so Quality is sending me a new pump. The rolling jack is Chinese-made all the way. Not overly impressed with the build quality of the pump. The lifting part of the jack looks okay, but for the dough, it looks like there is room for improvement. I'll add comments once I get the replacement pump.

More to follow...

C.J
05-07-2014, 08:37 PM
The 36" ramps use aluminum for the decking and steel elsewhere, so not exactly heavy, but not light either. My 2001 RT/10 with factory ride height can clear these easily. 50" ramps are optional for maybe another $124 or so.

I'm careful about some stuff, so I used my Honda Accord for the initial lift. The function was flawless, and so it was Viper time next:

Here's the unit with the RT/10 on it and the Vette below.

I was impressed with the dealer/installer, Clay Cannady at Superior Auto Lift Equipment in Youngsville, NC. He runs basically a one-man (sometimes two) shop, and he knows his products, was careful with the install, very honest guy, and he was quick to call Quality with the problem with the rolling jack and get them to ship out a new pump. If I needed to do it all over again, I'd buy from Clay without hesitation.

C.J
05-21-2014, 07:04 AM
Update: Quality Lifts sent out the new pump for the rolling jack, and the rolling jack works perfectly now. They are also going to replace one column where the base plate is out-of-square with the column. That is more of a cosmetic issue, unless you wanted to bolt the unit down and drilled assuming everything lined up okay. The guy at Quality Lifts said "if it were in my garage, I'd want it right" and said he'd be glad to replace the column under warranty. How can I say no to that? So we'll see what arrives and when.

The support from Quality has been first-rate, and after using this lift for a couple weeks, I'm very satisfied with this Quality Lift. Last weekend I swapped the transmission and differential fluids in the Corvette, and it was such an easy thing to do with the Vette on the lift.

If you have the ceiling height and are thinking about a lift, get off the bench and make it happen. It is a no-regrets purchase...especially with the rolling jack.

XSTAR
01-28-2017, 07:26 PM
Bumping an almost 2year old thread vs. starting new on this topic.

Has anyone recently bought a 4 post lift and have any feedback? I'm about to pull the trigger on something and thinking BendPak, Atlas, or DirectLift. Leaning toward BendPak or Atlas right now.

Black Adder
01-29-2017, 07:11 PM
I bought a Quality lift at SEMA last November. Had it installed by local guy.VERY happy by the service and product. I purchased the particular lift as it is 15" shorter than the normal ones and firs my garage perfectly.

ACR Steve
01-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Buying a Revolution 4 post....

Red Snake
01-30-2017, 12:49 PM

Has anyone recently bought a 4 post lift and have any feedback? I'm about to pull the trigger on something and thinking BendPak, Atlas, or DirectLift. Leaning toward BendPak or Atlas right now.

It's really just a matter of personal preference and how much you want to spend. Most people seem to like the one that they have. I bought an Atlas from Greg Smith Equipment probably about 7 or 8 yrs ago. It has been awesome. No complaints and it works great. I can't imagine having a garage without one now.

Bluesnake
01-31-2017, 12:24 PM

I just bought a DirectLift Pro park 9 Plus. I was looking at the two others you mentioned. Here is the reason I went with the Directlift. The Bendpak requires air to release the locks on the lift. Their have been failures with them not releasing properly and causing the lift bed to tilt. Also when you see them in person the hardware that holds the runways are held with 1/4 " hardware. Don't get me wrong it's a quality lift but IMHO the Direct lift is a better design. Regarding the Atlas lift it's not Certified and at this price point where the other two are Certified for the same money it's was eliminated off my list.

ACR Steve
02-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Just bought my Revolution with the sliding jack should arrive and installed in the next 2 weeks ....finally

sfviper
11-09-2017, 11:10 AM
CJ - now that you've had your Quality lift for 3 years, have you experienced any problems? I'm about to pull the trigger on the Q4P07 Series 4 Post Lift from Quality lifts. It's small enough to clear my 9 foot ceiling and it's shorter than most 4 post lifts. Thanks

ducatithunder
11-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Had a Quality Q4P09H 4-post lift installed yesterday. It's a nice unit that has Chinese steel and is assembled (not really sure what that means) in the US. The pump and motor are USA made and mine is wired for 220V (no cost option). The lift went together pretty easily (had an installer but I ended up helping him as his usual guy was out of town) and it squared up and leveled out quickly. A couple things that struck me as strange was the total lack of grease on the spindles that a little pulley rides on--look at the small black pulley in the following photo:

These take the slack out of the cables. A couple of them barely turned at all, so I removed the C-clip, cleaned, greased, and reassembled all four of them -- once cleaned, they were very easy to rotate. Two of the pulleys had some junk (like parts of an old rag) in the pulleys that was easy to clean up:

Here's a photo of the small pulleys back in place with the cable and the sheaves. The axle the sheaves ride on is large...probably 1.25 inch diameter, maybe larger, so they should be very reliable.

I also ordered the 4,500 pound capacity rolling jack. Pump was defective (China) so Quality is sending me a new pump. The rolling jack is Chinese-made all the way. Not overly impressed with the build quality of the pump. The lifting part of the jack looks okay, but for the dough, it looks like there is room for improvement. I'll add comments once I get the replacement pump.

More to follow...

CJ .... I have a HD-9. I was looking for a decently priced sliding jack that will fit the HD-9. Can you take a measurement of the inner lip rails where the sliding jack rolls. I cant find any dimensions about the QRJ04H's reach span. Would like to know if it will fit on the HD-9 vs buying the RJ45. Also how high does the jack sit above the lift ramp? Thanks

sfviper
11-09-2017, 12:01 PM
I bought a Quality lift at SEMA last November. Had it installed by local guy.VERY happy by the service and product. I purchased the particular lift as it is 15" shorter than the normal ones and firs my garage perfectly.

Tony, did your buy the Q4P07 Series 4 Post Lift from Quality lifts? How do you like it? I want to get one too, since it's the only lift that the posts clears my garage door height without having to install a high lift kit. Thx

Brian GTS
11-09-2017, 01:32 PM
I just had a Quality Lift installed...LOVE IT. Very solid and well designed. I have a Rotary (Revolution) as well which isn't bad, but the Quality Lift definitely outshines it. The only thing I don't like is the extension ramps (add-on). They are heavy and cumbersome to move around all the time. If I were storing a tank on the lift, I'm sure I would appreciate them, but I think they could've been designed to be lighter.

Policy Limits
11-15-2017, 07:34 PM
+1 on Quality. I went with the extended height model. Very pleased.

ellowviper
11-15-2017, 07:54 PM
My CompleteHydraulics 4 post (from the earlier group buy) is still going strong. Love it. Got the 220v pump option. I think it was $1400 plus $400 freight shipping by R&L to their local shipping station. Had to rent a trailer and pick it up from the loading dock. My $.02. Self installed by myself in a couple of hours.

PittsburghRT
11-15-2017, 08:16 PM
I've had the Bendpak HD9-SW lift for a few years now and really like it. 29689

Geronimo
11-15-2017, 08:30 PM
That's a wide lift^^^^

Red Snake
11-15-2017, 10:14 PM
That lift is sweet. Do want.

cobraman484
11-16-2017, 07:40 AM
I bought a complete hydraulics SL 10,000 CSP with the group buy back in November of 06. Cost was 1799 + 275 freight to Boston area. Great lift no problems in 11 years.

ducatithunder
11-19-2017, 03:14 PM
I have an Bendpak HD-9. Set at its wide setting it perfect for stacking my cobra and acr. I usually have the viper in the bottom as the cobra hugs the catherdral ceiling better. I usually have to drop 2x10 on the deck under the ramp to help the approach. 297262972729727

sfviper
12-09-2017, 04:25 AM
Finally got my Quality Lift installed.

dewilmoth
12-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Costco sells the Challenger. Occasionally it goes on sale for $1,000 off. Includes delivery and setup. I intend on buying one for the next house.

https://www.costco.com/Challenger-Lifts-4-post-Home-Storage-Automotive-Lift.product.100302337.html

pete.best
12-10-2017, 12:21 AM
This is my first lift. It’s a challenger, I’m very happy with it. Does what it’s supposed to and doesn’t give me any lip.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u437/petebest1/Mobile%20Uploads/C9F659CA-3705-4133-AB1E-208E97B75730_zpsr4nd08h2.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/petebest1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/C9F659CA-3705-4133-AB1E-208E97B75730_zpsr4nd08h2.jpg.html)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u437/petebest1/Mobile%20Uploads/391BDCA3-0ACF-41F3-84D5-F78463DCDA30_zpsuwvg39mp.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/petebest1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/391BDCA3-0ACF-41F3-84D5-F78463DCDA30_zpsuwvg39mp.jpg.html)

1BADV10
12-10-2017, 06:49 AM
It's really just a matter of personal preference and how much you want to spend. Most people seem to like the one that they have. I bought an Atlas from Greg Smith Equipment probably about 7 or 8 yrs ago. It has been awesome. No complaints and it works great. I can't imagine having a garage without one now.

I also purchased from Greg Smith Equipment, I got an Atlas Garage Pro 8000 and a Garage Pro 9000. I use the 8000 to stack and store cars and the 9000 for working. Both 4 post lifts have been trouble free and work awesome and they come with casters to move them around. I'm very happy with them and Greg Smith Equipment Co.

senior racer
12-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Another option. Just added 2 to my shop(1 reg and 1 xlt). Very nice,easy to deal with and come with some things that are optional with others.3004330044

Black Adder
12-11-2017, 10:11 AM
sfviper....sorry for the delay in repasonding. Yes my lift has worked flawlessly and I bought it for the same reasons as you, it needed to go under the garage door opening and couldnt be too long. You are welcome to come round and look at it, I am in Saratoga, near San Jose.

Policy Limits
12-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Tis the season to enjoy your lift!

Policy Limits
02-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Bumping thread since lift people are on here v. Starting a new thread. I need to add hydraulic fluid to my reservoir. Does everyone utilize AW32? Which brand is best or are all products the same?

1BADV10
02-12-2018, 06:33 AM
Bumping thread since lift people are on here v. Starting a new thread. I need to add hydraulic fluid to my reservoir. Does everyone utilize AW32? Which brand is best or are all products the same?

I use anti-wear anti-foam Iso46 in one of my lifts, other one has 32 in it. Both operate the same in hot or cold conditions. Lift calls for 46 or 32. Not much difference in brands, just make sure its anti-wear and has anti-foam agents in it. If you don't know what weight is in your reservoir for sure then I would drain it and replace all, don't mix weights.

labtec
02-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Just installed the Atlas Apex 8 ALI Certified Hobbyist 8,000 Lb. 4 Post Lift. Was on sale so $2320 for lift, jack tray and larger 11 qt. telescoping oil drain. Picked it up with car trailer, shipping weigh is 2000lbs. Great lift, no problems. A few notes: Installed lift myself, except for the two runways. Had two of my workout buddies come over and help, they really earned lunch that day....The runways are very heavy, the left runway with the hydraulic cylinder more so than the right, probably over 500 lbs. :eek: When assembling without an engine lift, fork lift or other device you will need 4 strong people to assemble safely.

SnakeWatching
02-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Another option. Just added 2 to my shop(1 reg and 1 xlt). Very nice,easy to deal with and come with some things that are optional with others.3004330044

I have the Advantage lift as well, super strong and over built. The standard 4 post lift is rated to hold 9,000 pounds. The lift mimics the Backyard Buddy 4 sided sleeve. With the included wheels the lift can be moved around the garage when you wish (done it several times, there is no flex or twist when moving).

ViperTony
02-18-2018, 01:54 PM
I have the Advantage lift as well, super strong and over built. The standard 4 post lift is rated to hold 9,000 pounds. The lift mimics the Backyard Buddy 4 sided sleeve. With the included wheels the lift can be moved around the garage when you wish (done it several times, there is no flex or twist when moving).

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Advantage 4 post. The concern I have is the overall width of track measures about 75". At 75" it appears that the outside edge of my tires will be right on the edge of the ramps. But looking the pics below, looks like it will be fine.

senior racer
02-18-2018, 05:51 PM
If you get your car centered, all the tread is on the ramp(G5 ACRE and G4 with G5 wheels). You will enjoy your purchase.

ACR Steve
02-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Love my Revolution

C.J
03-06-2018, 08:35 PM
Look into the Quality lifts. I've been very happy as have several friends in the area that have them. Search for GYMR 5.0...the left-hand lift is a Quality lift and the right-hand lift is an older Rotary. The Quality is a 220V and Rotary is 110V. Build quality is better IMO on the Quality lift.

Just make sure you have someone local that can service whatever lift you buy in case you need it. I had a couple warranty claims on the Quality lift (pump on the rolling jack leaked, and it turned out to be a loose screw from the factory) and they took care of everything without question.

00VPRGTS
08-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Bumping this again. Anyone have a bendpak with their new RBJ45 (not the RJ45) rolling jack? Dealer said the drive over clearance is 4 inches and my GTS front lip sits at under 3.5 inches. I didn’t order it for now but seems ridiculous that it would t work with a stock suspension height viper.

Red Snake
08-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Bumping this again. Anyone have a bendpak with their new RBJ45 (not the RJ45) rolling jack? Dealer said the drive over clearance is 4 inches and my GTS front lip sits at under 3.5 inches. I didn’t order it for now but seems ridiculous that it would t work with a stock suspension height viper.

The low point on a Viper is immediately in front of the wheels. Your car will be going up an incline on the ramps, so you can place your jack just past the entry onto your lift and the splitter won’t hit. Or if you back onto the lift, it clears easily.

AZTVR
08-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Bumping this again. Anyone have a bendpak with their new RBJ45 (not the RJ45) rolling jack? Dealer said the drive over clearance is 4 inches and my GTS front lip sits at under 3.5 inches. I didn’t order it for now but seems ridiculous that it would t work with a stock suspension height viper. Is that 4" height with or without the jacking pads and pedestals installed?

00VPRGTS
08-10-2018, 04:51 PM
I was thinking of that. I was also looking into one of these and the jack try for jack stands. Less expensive option.

The low point on a Viper is immediately in front of the wheels. Your car will be going up an incline on the ramps, so you can place your jack just past the entry onto your lift and the splitter won’t hit. Or if you back onto the lift, it clears easily.

00VPRGTS
08-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Is that 4" height with or without the jacking pads and pedestals installed?

I believe it is the center of the jack. With the pads and no extensions it is 4.5 inches which I don’t think would fit under the frame jack points.