PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo or Supercharger for Gen V

TurboRich
03-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Has anyone seen a Twin Turbo or Supercharger setup for the Gen Vs, last I checked Paxton wasn't doing anything and Underground and Hennessy seems to be out of the Viper business but I did see a U-Tube with a purported twin turbo Gen V racing a Mustang drag car. I heard the Viper Exchange guys are working on a SuperCharger for Dodge possibly as an option sometime in the future. Hey we can't have little sister Hellcat out muscling the Viper even if it weighs 1000lbs more.

FastMatt
03-18-2015, 03:25 PM
I would wait for that Arrow Blower, It's big, Bad, and looks cool:)

Malu59RT
03-18-2015, 03:39 PM
The Arrow supercharger looks badass! Calvo Motorsports in Austin has a TT Gen V, as well as Fast E.T. in Florida (which was the one you saw in the video). Eddie Traylor does those, and posts on the forum. We also have a local member (Junkie) with a nitrous Gen V making over 800whp. Things are great in the Viper world right now :)

Simms
03-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Aaron at Nth Moto can give you turbo options as well.

Junkie
03-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Powerhouse Racing/Calvo Motorsports will have a setup completely ironed out soon. I've got nitrous on my car and it works great. If either of those weren't an option, I would wait for the Arrow blower.

BlknBlu
03-18-2015, 04:45 PM
watch for Dodge too.

Bruce

Nine Ball
03-18-2015, 04:46 PM
If you lose to a stock Hellcat, you can only blame who is holding the steering wheel.

The Aero/Tomball blower will be the most OEM like package, with tuning included. The others will require custom engine management systems.

Black Pearl
03-18-2015, 05:14 PM
How about a Procharger? Seen a few Viper motors done, that get some great HP numbers.

DPViper
03-18-2015, 08:52 PM
I heard a rumor that the Arrow supercharger will be $25,000 plus install. Someone needs to come up with a less expensive system.....

Junkie
03-18-2015, 09:12 PM
I heard a rumor that the Arrow supercharger will be $25,000 plus install. Someone needs to come up with a less expensive system.....
Turbos are going to be at least that, if not x2.

rlhay2
03-18-2015, 10:19 PM
Torrie MacPhail of Unleashed Tuning states he has a TT system up and running on his T/A using the OEM PCM.

The Gen V is not excluded from the Viper tax, nothing will be inexpensive.

Junkie
03-18-2015, 10:21 PM
Torrie MacPhail of Unleashed Tuning states he has a TT system up and running on his T/A using the OEM PCM.

That sounds bad ass!

99RT10
03-18-2015, 10:38 PM

Sell your Viper, buy a Mustang. Problem solved.

FLATOUT
03-18-2015, 11:04 PM
Sell your Viper, buy a Mustang. Problem solved.

LoL

Aspirations57
03-18-2015, 11:05 PM
Iam late to the party but has anyone been able to crack the OEM PCM??

ViperSmith
03-18-2015, 11:08 PM

$2,500 at most!!!one!1

EdwardETraylorIII
03-19-2015, 08:51 AM
Yes, I offer a TT kit (installed only) for the Gen V utilizing the OEM computer. The kit starts at $34K installed (depending on options it goes up from there). For this price I guarantee you 900 RWHP on pump gas and 950 RWHP on E85. You get a 1 year warranty on parts and craftsmanship.

Lead time is a few weeks. I'm finishing up another one next week, actually.

v10tt
03-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Ed, Let's see some pics and video of these Bolt on TT Cars!!

XSnake
03-19-2015, 09:12 AM

Yeah, Torrie and Stg. 6 kit will be pretty promising as far as the TT stuff goes. Stg. 6 are the ones that do the 1500hp SRT Jeep builds. For SC, wait for the ViperExchange/Arrow kit.

Rapidrezults
03-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Yes, I offer a TT kit (installed only) for the Gen V utilizing the OEM computer. The kit starts at $34K installed (depending on options it goes up from there). For this price I guarantee you 900 RWHP on pump gas and 950 RWHP on E85. You get a 1 year warranty on parts and craftsmanship.

Lead time is a few weeks. I'm finishing up another one next week, actually.

You offer a warranty, through what company are you operating out of?

EdwardETraylorIII
03-19-2015, 09:24 AM
This is a picture of the hard the parts that don't require hours and hours of fabrication:

Here is a wastegate tucked away nicely. The picture can be misleading. There is PLENTY of room around the gate. No heat concerns whatsoever.

Another shot of the wastegates.

Yet another wastegate picture (different angle without dump tube attached).

Finished Product. ZERO heat issues. Feet areas and door sills remain cooler than how the factory built the car.

EdwardETraylorIII
03-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Fuel Pumps with custom hanger:
Turbo that gets tucked away nicely:
Downpipe with lava rock wrap:
Shot of the charge tubes/engine bay (you can choose the color BOV you want):

EdwardETraylorIII
03-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Fast ET Turbo Systems - Bad Boyzz Garage is also a partner and currently the only certified installed other than myself.

You offer a warranty, through what company are you operating out of?

I can put the turbos anywhere you want - but the first few cars I've built I have tucked them away in the OEM catalytic converter/collector home. If you wanted them up front under the hood, then that is easy enough - just drives the cost up a bit.

All kits include a BBG forced induction triple disc clutch that can handle 1200+ lbs-ft of torque (this is included in the base kit price).

I get a lot of questions about tuning - Yes, I use HPT with your OEM computer, no CELs, no weirdness, no problems. Everything works 100%.

Junkie
03-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Man I've love to see videos of a TT/HPT car.

FLATOUT
03-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Man I've love to see videos of a TT/HPT car.

Me too! Do it Eddie!

Malu59RT
03-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Heck yeah Eddie, do it!

EdwardETraylorIII
03-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Guys,

The cars I've built so far (Except for my own) are for Guys on the other side of the pond. Part of the agreement to build for them was that I release no info (pictures, dynos, videos) on their cars.

However, I'm doing a little turbo swappage (And waiting on some new fuel rails to be completed) on my own right now (doing some improvements and a little testing for the best combo on the base package). I should be done with the last bit of work next week and I'll try to get some videos for yall but pics and videos have never been a priority for me. However, I'm not sure what you are expecting- It looks just like the other TT Gen V vipers you've seen and it runs just like any 1,000+ rwhp/3200 lbs car should run.

Rapidrezults
03-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Guys,

The cars I've built so far (Except for my own) are for Guys on the other side of the pond. Part of the agreement to build for them was that I release no info (pictures, dynos, videos) on their cars.

However, I'm doing a little turbo swappage (And waiting on some new fuel rails to be completed) on my own right now (doing some improvements and a little testing for the best combo on the base package). I should be done with the last bit of work next week and I'll try to get some videos for yall but pics and videos have never been a priority for me. However, I'm not sure what you are expecting- It looks just like the other TT Gen V vipers you've seen and it runs just like any 1,000+ rwhp/3200 lbs car should run.

We've all heard the saying...

A picture (in this case video) is worth a thousand words. Can't explain it, it just is what it is.

I look forward to some video of this monster!

Thanks.

Junkie
03-19-2015, 04:07 PM
I haven't seen or heard of any TT Gen5's out on the street doing work, or at any race track. I'll run any of them heads up at the race track, and I have a small nitrous kit and bolt ons :)

FLATOUT
03-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Dyno vid, showing rwhp and torque.

1/4 mile video showing a pass.

Vid showing you tuning it with HPTuners, literally anything to validate your statements.

Video of everything working, you know like basically what EVERY shop does that produces a TT kit. Not trying to be a dick but come on.

pdv25
03-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Eddie bring the TT viper you are selling to the morning Sunday runs we have. The TRC supra should be a good run! We can get video.

FLATOUT
03-19-2015, 04:21 PM
Eddie bring the TT viper you are selling to the morning Sunday runs we have. The TRC supra should be a good run! We can get video.

Bingo! That would be cool to see!

KB Viper
03-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Guys,

Ed--is your system liquid or air cooled?

nastygts
03-19-2015, 06:41 PM
I haven't seen or heard of any TT Gen5's out on the street doing work, or at any race track. I'll run any of them heads up at the race track, and I have a small nitrous kit and bolt ons :)

I like this idea!

viper_eddie
03-19-2015, 07:08 PM
I saw in the news lately that RSI offers a great twin turbo package! They did it on a TA, I believe. You order and pay now and you get to pick up your car (in pieces) in 1-2 years.

rlhay2
03-19-2015, 10:04 PM

Vid showing you tuning it with HPTuners, literally anything to validate your statements.

Video of everything working, you know like basically what EVERY shop does that produces a TT kit. Not trying to be a dick but come on.

What he said!
Or a shop page and address with kit specifics and relevant information.

Regrettably, there is already a viper shop that promises the moon and delivers nothing but heartbreak, malaise and disappointment...

Murpowa
03-20-2015, 05:19 AM

My thoughts exactly

TooBlue
03-20-2015, 06:32 AM
FWIW.....Justin at JMB Performance does a Procharger or can TT a Gen 5. Can do Nitrous too....

He will custom fab' everything and does in house powder coating.

Check out his website and the 2500whp TT Viper truck...

http://jmbperformance.com/

TooBlue
03-20-2015, 07:42 AM

"Normal" car till you flip the switch for 200+ whp. Best of both worlds. IMO

EdwardETraylorIII
03-20-2015, 09:50 AM
If you don't like my product or the way I take care of my customers, then don't do business with me.

What he said!
Or a shop page and address with kit specifics and relevant information.

Regrettably, there is already a viper shop that promises the moon and delivers nothing but heartbreak, malaise and disappointment...

Unlike the viper shop you allude to, you won't find a single person that would say anything negative about my work.

rlhay2
03-20-2015, 12:05 PM
If you don't like my product or the way I take care of my customers, then don't do business with me.

Not really helping the situation with that post.

Unlike the viper shop you allude to, you won't find a single person that would say anything negative about my work.

That's greats to hear! But again, largely due to RSI and Hennessey, we've all become wary of unsubstantiated statements on the various Viper forums.
I am not calling you dishonest, just stating there is a definitive lack of verifiable information.

ViperSmith
03-20-2015, 12:06 PM

It isn't that anyone doesn't believe you - people just are craving to see some hipowered TT Vipers...

KB Viper
03-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Ed--does your base TT kit have a air to water or air to air cooler setup?
Kris

EdwardETraylorIII
03-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Kris,

Base kit doesn't have an intercooler. I've consistently had amazing results without an intercooler on 93 Octane. With E85, it's absolutely not necessary on any build under 1,050 RWHP...

If the customer were planning to road course the car, then I would advise them to opt for the intercooled option. Air to air is a relatively inexpensive option (anywhere from $1500-$2500 depending on the size of the build) and then air to water only adds about 30% more to that option.

Thanks!