PDA

View Full Version : Early Team Viper Jacket on Ebay

Vprbite
03-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Anyone know anything about this and whose it was? It's not my style but if it's real, it's pretty cool. I suspect it wasn't actually given out in 89, but perhaps it was. I've never seen it.

Paging Jon B, you always seem to know about this kind of stuff. Anyone know anything or going to buy it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1989-Dodge-Team-Viper-Engineer-XL-Jacket-1st-Gen-Super-Rare-Mopar-Wow/391062709634?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D29381%26meid%3Df229e6079d9a438b9bc75415bffd c218%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D1116 20744812

MalingatorGTS
03-17-2015, 06:22 PM
Who are you kidding...you know you bid on it, bought a mullet wig, acid wash jeans and broke out black high top Reebok sneakers!:lol2:

Rocket
03-17-2015, 07:34 PM
I think this is a picture of Jeff Vprbite himself. That jacket is even his size and you know he is bidding on it! I'm sure he has already figured out a way to turn the "Jim" lettering into a Jeff! :anonymous:
http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/travolta.jpg

Leslie
03-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Yeah!

MalingatorGTS
03-17-2015, 08:30 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of this..

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 02:18 AM
I think this is a picture of Jeff Vprbite himself. That jacket is even his size and you know he is bidding on it! I'm sure he has already figured out a way to turn the "Jim" lettering into a Jeff! :anonymous:
http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/travolta.jpg

Did you hack my computer? How did you know exactly what I did?

I think it's funny he was representing it as released in 89. I was wondering if anyone had any proof. Did they really give jackets to the guys who built the concept car? I doubt it but it would be cool if they did.

And for the record, if you guys bought that for me I would wear it all the time and not ironically or to win a bet. I would rock it proudly! Very proudly! Though I don't know if I could grow a mullet cause my hair looks so good as it is I don't want to deny the world of getting to enjoy this spun gold on my head by ruining it with a mullet. Though in fairness, if the AZ club buys me the jacket, I will grow a mullet at least for a bit.

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 02:20 AM
Oh and Rocket, just so you know, I like Urban Cowboy much more than Saturday Night Fever. Cause Urban Cowboy is frickin awesome!!!! And it has one of the greatest soundtracks of any movie ever made.

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 02:22 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of this..

Hey there malingator, I bet there are parts of Connecticut where they still rock jeans like that. I mean, the closer you get to jersey...

P.S. What the hell happened to Jordache? They just dropped off the planet. And acid washed jeans are back in amongst college girls. Though I am usually focused on getting college girls out of them.

Fatboy 18
03-18-2015, 02:55 AM
Urban Cowboy used to be my CB handle name in the 80s :D

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 04:21 AM
Urban Cowboy used to be my CB handle name in the 80s :D

Nice. That makes me wish I was old enough in the 80s to have had a C.B.

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 05:13 AM
And I did make an offer, but for some reason I bet it will get declined. I'm clarevoyant like that.

MalingatorGTS
03-18-2015, 08:34 AM
Hey there malingator, I bet there are parts of Connecticut where they still rock jeans like that. I mean, the closer you get to jersey...

P.S. What the hell happened to Jordache? They just dropped off the planet. And acid washed jeans are back in amongst college girls. Though I am usually focused on getting college girls out of them.

Hey oooohhh, ehh...oooohh...I'z grews ups in Gerzy...it explains soooo much now LOL!!!

I think you need to buy it, get a Joe Dirt wig and pose with a Gen 1 for your next Christmas card!!!

Viper Girl
03-18-2015, 01:46 PM
And I did make an offer, but for some reason I bet it will get declined. I'm clarevoyant like that.
Bite, I'll offer him $5.00 so your bid will look better to the seller... LMAO
I think you NEED that jacket...

v10enomous
03-18-2015, 02:13 PM
Barry called and wants his jacket back...

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo193/njvipermail/BEE%20GEES_zpsvwhqmeaa.jpg

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 02:59 PM
He declined my offer or 25.00! And didn't even say why. In the offer, I said that he had to prove the provenance of the jacket and that it was given to an engineer, otherwise that is pure conjecture and it isn't worth anywhere near that type of money. He just declined my offer and didn't say why. Now that's just rude.

I also made an offer on the "lambskin and wool" one that is listed for 425. That and that blue leather one on there look like they came out of a salt n pepa video. I tried offering 25.00 for it and it got auto-declined. I guess these jackets might be worth the asking price of they come witha. Time machine back to 93 when wearing those was socially acceptable. Of course, then one would have to choose between their leather Viper jacket and their leather looney tunes jacket. Life was tough back then.

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Hey oooohhh, ehh...oooohh...I'z grews ups in Gerzy...it explains soooo much now LOL!!!

I think you need to buy it, get a Joe Dirt wig and pose with a Gen 1 for your next Christmas card!!!

If you grew up in jersey you should get one of the leather jackets. It will match your gold chain nicely. As I inderstand it, they issue you a gold chain jersey when you turn 13. I think at the same time they issue your Jean jacket.

bluesrt
03-18-2015, 03:54 PM
and at a price of 500.00, maybe elvis signed it somewhere

MalingatorGTS
03-18-2015, 05:30 PM
If you grew up in jersey you should get one of the leather jackets. It will match your gold chain nicely. As I inderstand it,money issue you a gold chain jersey when you turn 13. I think at the same time they issue your Jean jacket.

Well as a Jerzey old school "metalhead" I didn't have the gold chain options lol! Had the leather jacket and Doc Martins going on back then...and NOT hair metal crap lol!

I do love the Bee Gee pic btw!! Awsome!

Without the paperwork as you stated the jacket isn't worth the shimmering golden goodness it's made from lol!

Vprbite
03-19-2015, 04:46 AM
Well as a Jerzey old school "metalhead" I didn't have the gold chain options lol! Had the leather jacket and Doc Martins going on back then...and NOT hair metal crap lol!

I do love the Bee Gee pic btw!! Awsome!

Without the paperwork as you stated the jacket isn't worth the shimmering golden goodness it's made from lol!

Exactly. If it were Herb Helbig's or Winkle's we would have a different story. But it looks like his "provenance" is that it came from an "exclusive estate auction." well then, it outta go well with my oceanfront property in Arizona I have to sell. It's worth more because Elvis lived there.