PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Home Shopping Help

LifeIsGood
03-16-2015, 07:59 AM
My wife and I are currently home shopping in the Phoenix area. We really like a community NW of Phoenix called Blackstone (part of Vistancia...in Peoria). One of the real estate agents associated with the community tells us there's a couple of viper owners in Blackstone. I was hoping to ask them some questions about how the liked living there. Anybody know them?

Vombomb
03-16-2015, 09:00 AM
Pfft the Tucson viper guys are way cooler than those Phoenix viper guys... :p Go on facebook and ask on their page: Arizona Viper Club

AZSN8K
03-16-2015, 11:15 AM
Your real estate agent was correct - there are 2 of us (that I know of) that reside in the Blackstone Country Club - we're both at the 'Links at Blackstone.' There are still lots available here (at the 'Links,' they are 1/2 acre lots, the builder is TW Lewis). But there are more builders in here, and custom lots available. Give me a call - Rich @ 602-432-5252.

GABOON
03-16-2015, 01:07 PM
who is going on mopar run to vegas?

Vprbite
03-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Pfft the Tucson viper guys are way cooler than those Phoenix viper guys... :p Go on facebook and ask on their page: Arizona Viper Club

We are way cooler in a Tucson. A few of the Phoenix guys have applied for a change to move here to Tucson and I am still reviewing their applications and checking their references to see if thay are cool enough to be here full time.

AZSN8K was actually our president for a while, LIG. He can definitely help you get a feel for the area. And Rich, didn't that couple from Oregon who has a place by you buy a Viper to keep down here for when they were visiting from Oregon? I met them at the Christmas party but I can't remember their names. That would be fun to have 3 of you all in the same neighborhood with Vipers.

LIG, I bet you will be pretty happy in AZ but as far as Phoenix goes, you just need to decide which area is most your style. Lots of nice areas, you just need to decide if you want night life, quiet, downtown, whatever fits you best. If you are into golf, no need to worry about that as anywhere you are will have easy access to more golf than you could ever play in a year.

Good luck with the house shopping. Looking forward to welcoming you out here.

LifeIsGood
03-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys. Rich, I'll be contacting you.

LeadfootRT10
03-17-2015, 12:44 AM
Nobody likes Tuscon, that's why most of us live in Phoenix metro area. When we go to southern AZ, we make sure we're doing triple digits when we approach Tuscon to get through that cesspool of filth and villiany as quickly as possible....

LifeIsGood
03-17-2015, 07:19 AM
Damn...didn't know I was moving into Hatfield and McCoy territory. "Can't we all just get along." :t0135:

Vprbite
03-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Damn...didn't know I was moving into Hatfield and McCoy territory. "Can't we all just get along." :t0135:

Don't listen to Leadfoot. Aside from his daily driver being a ford probe, I think his hair gel has seeped into his brain, thereby affecting his thoughts.

(Don't worry L.I.G., we like to have fun around here. it's all good hearted, if a little bit over-gelled)

Vombomb
03-17-2015, 09:28 AM
Was that a Star Wars reference? I feel like I should be hearing the Mos Eisley Cantina band right now...

Victxv10
03-17-2015, 10:14 AM
My wife's aunt/uncle live in Stetson Hills during the Colorado winters.

GABOON
03-17-2015, 11:51 AM
l.o.l; you will discover that all az club members are choice quality people. Leadfoot is ok too! as far as who is cooler its got to be those who live up north in high country... check thermometer!

Vprbite
03-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Those in the high country can't handle the heat.

But otherwise yes, we are all pretty good here in Arizona because we couldn't bust chops if we weren't friends. It really is all in good fun around here. I bet you figured that out, L.I.G. But in case you thought maybe we were really taking shots at each other here, no we aren't.

AZSN8K
03-17-2015, 01:15 PM
Yes, Jim & Becky bought a 2014 TA for here - they live at the end of my street. They are associate members here, live in Oregon part of the year.

We are way cooler in a Tucson. A few of the Phoenix guys have applied for a change to move here to Tucson and I am still reviewing their applications and checking their references to see if thay are cool enough to be here full time.

AZSN8K was actually our president for a while, LIG. He can definitely help you get a feel for the area. And Rich, didn't that couple from Oregon who has a place by you buy a Viper to keep down here for when they were visiting from Oregon? I met them at the Christmas party but I can't remember their names. That would be fun to have 3 of you all in the same neighborhood with Vipers.

LIG, I bet you will be pretty happy in AZ but as far as Phoenix goes, you just need to decide which area is most your style. Lots of nice areas, you just need to decide if you want night life, quiet, downtown, whatever fits you best. If you are into golf, no need to worry about that as anywhere you are will have easy access to more golf than you could ever play in a year.

Good luck with the house shopping. Looking forward to welcoming you out here.

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 02:12 AM
Yes, Jim & Becky bought a 2014 TA for here - they live at the end of my street. They are associate members here, live in Oregon part of the year.

Yeah how cool. It was nice to meet them. If L.I.G. moves into your neighborhood that must be the highest ratio of vipers per square mile outside of the Wayne and D'anne Ruah's place.

arizonajack
03-19-2015, 12:10 AM
After reading this:

I have to go with this:

Nobody likes Tuscon, that's why most of us live in Phoenix metro area. When we go to southern AZ, we make sure we're doing triple digits when we approach Tuscon to get through that cesspool of filth and villiany as quickly as possible....

Phoenix Forever.

:dude3:

LeadfootRT10
03-19-2015, 01:06 AM
After reading this:

I have to go with this:

Phoenix Forever.

:dude3:

I like this guy. :t1236:

Vprbite
03-19-2015, 04:36 AM
Don't listen to Leadfoot. He used to eat a lot of lead paint. I don't mean as a kid. I mean like 6 months ago.

LifeIsGood
03-19-2015, 07:13 AM
You guys are killing me...Rich (AZSN8K) is being very helpful.

LifeIsGood
03-24-2015, 08:40 PM
I got to meet Rich (AZSN8K) today and he gave my wife and I a tour of his home...very nice! I met Jim yesterday as he saw us inspecting the empty lot next to his home. He was also very accommodating. Here lies the issue. Both of them have 2 vipers each and I only have 1...what to do, what to do?

Vprbite
03-25-2015, 03:14 AM
I got to meet Rich (AZSN8K) today and he gave my wife and I a tour of his home...very nice! I met Jim yesterday as he saw us inspecting the empty lot next to his home. He was also very accommodating. Here lies the issue. Both of them have 2 vipers each and I only have 1...what to do, what to do?

Sounds like you answered your own question there. Im glad you met Rich. Good guy and good club member for years. Even our president for a while.

GABOON
03-25-2015, 07:48 AM
got two too!

LifeIsGood
09-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Well, we finally got moved. We're in a rental until our house in Viper Central Blackstone gets built. Ground breaking is Sept 18. It should be done March/April of 2016. I swapped emails with Debbie (Arizona VOA President) and were on the email distribution list. Thanks all.

01sapphirebob
09-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Well, we finally got moved. We're in a rental until our house in Viper Central Blackstone gets built. Ground breaking is Sept 18. It should be done March/April of 2016. I swapped emails with Debbie (Arizona VOA President) and were on the email distribution list. Thanks all.

What town did you move to LIG? My wife and I are thinking about a move to AZ and I'm looking into places to live out there.

LifeIsGood
09-11-2015, 08:13 PM
We like living 'OUT' away from the hustle and bustle. We lived just short of the foothills in Denver and now we live just beyond the 303 in Peoria, south of Lake Pleasant. We like that there's a 10 mile drive through the desert (from I-17) just before our neighborhood. We're building in Blackstone (Links section) which is part of Vistancia. We looked all over the Phoenix metro area and decided on Blackstone.

01sapphirebob
09-11-2015, 08:18 PM
We like living 'OUT' away from the hustle and bustle. We lived just short of the foothills in Denver and now we live just beyond the 303 in Peoria, south of Lake Pleasant. We like that there's a 10 mile drive through the desert (from I-17) just before our neighborhood. We're building in Blackstone (Links section) which is part of Vistancia. We looked all over the Phoenix metro area and decided on Blackstone.

Thanks for the info!!

WhiteSnake
09-11-2015, 11:09 PM

LIG. There is another club member across Lone Mtn Pkwy in Vistancia with a yellow RT/10. And there are three more of us just 30 min away at the 303 and Indian School Rd. Look forward to meeting you at one of the monthly club events. Barry

LifeIsGood
09-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Wow, my new next door neighbor also has a yellow viper (Gen V)...looking forward to meeting you guys.

drewsss
09-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Welcome to Arizona, L.I.G.! Look forward to running with another yellow snake (ahead of the pack, if course)!:devilish:

LeadfootRT10
09-12-2015, 10:30 AM
God damn yellow snakes....you multiple like rabbits!!!! Welcome to the Club! If you ever want to check out the East Valley or the ASU area, let me know!

WhiteSnake
09-13-2015, 01:14 AM
God damn yellow snakes....you multiple like rabbits!!!! Welcome to the Club! If you ever want to check out the East Valley or the ASU area, let me know!

There are 6 yellow snakes in the club that I know of and possibly a couple more that I can't recall at the moment. Our cruises are definitely going to look like a lemon convention. :-)

Vprbite
09-13-2015, 04:46 AM
In the back

drewsss
09-14-2015, 09:17 AM
There are 6 yellow snakes in the club that I know of and possibly a couple more that I can't recall at the moment. Our cruises are definitely going to look like a lemon convention. :-)

*sigh*....here we go with the color wars....:fpopcorn:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/why-yellow-cars-are-kings-of-the-road-1415326

LifeIsGood
09-14-2015, 02:23 PM

The wife and I were at Four Peaks Brewery on Saturday. They have some damn good beer.

AZTVR
09-18-2015, 10:05 AM
The wife and I were at Four Peaks Brewery on Saturday. They have some damn good beer.

Twin Peaks > Four Peaks . Just sayin'. (Don't know if the beer is any better at Twin Peaks; but, the view is.)

Welcome to Phoenix.

LifeIsGood
09-18-2015, 10:41 PM
I'll have to stop by to check out the peaks, oh, and the beer.

Vprbite
09-19-2015, 12:09 AM

If you are down in Tucson hit up "Thunder Canyon Brewery." Their stuff is money. Places in phoenix carry it so if you see it, order it. You won't be disappointed.

The view at twin peaks is good but the service is painfully bad. I would rather just go to the strip club. Good view and terrible food. Just a better view. And no food needed. Of course you married guys may find it harder to go to a strip club.