CSXT802
03-15-2015, 07:51 PM
http://speedtwitch.com/tune-only-challenger-hellcat-puts-down-705whp/

plumcrazy
03-15-2015, 08:04 PM
706 rwhp is serious for just a tune. dang

1ststrike
03-15-2015, 08:18 PM
Wow with a couple other upgrades this thing will be running LOWWW 10's in the quarter

Ripper
03-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Bad Ass!!

Space Truckin
03-15-2015, 09:39 PM
Serious HP WOW

FLATOUT
03-15-2015, 11:32 PM
So it looks like it picked up about 35rwhp with the tune. Very nice, also Full Bolton Gen IV and V Vipers on that same dyno jet usually make between 600-615 rwhp SAE. That's the dyno I have used most often here in Houston.

rw99
03-15-2015, 11:34 PM
So it looks like it picked up about 35rwhp with the tune. Very nice, also Full Bolton Gen IV and V Vipers on that same dyno jet usually make between 600-615 rwhp SAE. That's the dyno I have used most often here in Houston.

Very useful perspective, thanks for the info.

G37Sam
03-16-2015, 07:08 AM
These hellcats are definitely under-rated from the factory. They're just marketing it at 707bhp because the number looks good haha

v10enomous
03-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Get in line... only 9,000 guys ahead of you and orders don't reopen until August or something like that.

MalingatorGTS
03-16-2015, 07:40 AM
While I'm NOT trying to be a hater at all, I actually sold my insane modded SRT8 Charger with a 426 Stroker to buy my Viper, the HP of the car isn't the issue.

While it's clear that the HP was under rated from the factory, the greatest issue facing the car is traction.

MOST of the really quick ET cars in the LX/LC cars have done MAJOR modifications to get wheels and tires wide enough to hook and turn a good ET. The HC will have the same issues. Again, I'm NOT talking smack about the car at ALL. The issues are the same with most cars. You can make 10,000 whp. If you can't get traction or put it to the ground it's useless.

There have been a few postings on the LX forums about guys running slicks on their HC and already destroying drive shafts. From the LX forums.

CSXT802
03-16-2015, 08:13 AM
Bottom line a hellcat 2 door or 4 door will be monsters on the highway. I won't be Picking any fights with one. My gen 2 just doesn't have enough.

Ripper
03-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Since that pic was posted on the LX forum , the Drive Shaft Shop created a "simple" fix for the weak , stock drive shaft. :o

pics courtesy of the hellcat forum

http://www.hellcat.org/attachments/image1-jpg.5055/

http://www.hellcat.org/attachments/image3-jpg.5057/

ViperSmith
03-16-2015, 09:19 AM
While I'm NOT trying to be a hater at all, I actually sold my insane modded SRT8 Charger with a 426 Stroker to buy my Viper, the HP of the car isn't the issue.

While it's clear that the HP was under rated from the factory, the greatest issue facing the car is traction.

MOST of the really quick ET cars in the LX/LC cars have done MAJOR modifications to get wheels and tires wide enough to hook and turn a good ET. The HC will have the same issues. Again, I'm NOT talking smack about the car at ALL. The issues are the same with most cars. You can make 10,000 whp. If you can't get traction or put it to the ground it's useless.

There have been a few postings on the LX forums about guys running slicks on their HC and already destroying drive shafts. From the LX forums.

The TX guys will chime in, but I am pretty sure that guy was running nitrous

ACRucrazy
03-16-2015, 09:21 AM
When the driveshaft doesn't fail, what's next in line to fail. Guess we will find out.

(The weak ds is like a fuse)

plumcrazy
03-16-2015, 09:26 AM
wont likely break much on a hiway pull from 60-160.

Sybil TF
03-16-2015, 11:21 AM

9523Really not that hard to fit an 11" wide wheel with a 315 on the back of a Challenger without them sticking out....

v10enomous
03-16-2015, 11:30 AM
They have AWD on that platform with the 300 so beef it up and build it.

MalingatorGTS
03-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Really not that hard to fit an 11" wide wheel with a 315 on the back of a Challenger without them sticking out....

Very true. I ran 11's on my SRT for a little while and even with only 525 whp it spun, ALOT!

Granted 99% of the HC will never see a 1/4 mile, 95% will never do a real roll from 60 to whatever, and most won't need any "beefing up" from how the factory made them.

For a factory car it's amazing to think this was ever produced and I'm very happy to see the public respond and want them so badly. It, IMO, shows the car producers that there are plenty of people who want a performance car and are willing to pay for it if it's done well.

Props to Dodge for making a car no one would have believed would have been produced. If I was to buy another 4 door car, trust me, I'd wait for HC prices to drop in a year or two and pick up a HC Charger quick!

bluesrt
03-16-2015, 01:33 PM
srt needs to put a viper ass end under that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! silly rabbits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they would evan sell more

Sybil TF
03-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Very true. I ran 11's on my SRT for a little while and even with only 525 whp it spun, ALOT!

! If you slapped a SC on that 426 just think how much power you would have made...

MalingatorGTS
03-16-2015, 02:32 PM
If you slapped a SC on that 426 just think how much power you would have made...

I liked the N/A, and didn't feel like doing the trans, DS and buying a getrag for the cost. The expense of going over 550 whp on that platform goes WAY up.

Viper Girl
03-18-2015, 03:45 PM
I just wish we could get some tires... its tire time already and Nitto 555's seem to be on national backorder...

Also Kenny Bell has a SC kit that *supposedly* goes to 901 :O http://www.torquenews.com/106/kenne-bell-hellcat-blower-kit-takes-challenger-scat-pack-901hp

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 05:48 PM
I just wish we could get some tires... its tire time already and Nitto 555's seem to be on national backorder...

Also Kenny Bell has a SC kit that *supposedly* goes to 901 :O http://www.torquenews.com/106/kenne-bell-hellcat-blower-kit-takes-challenger-scat-pack-901hp

Geez, Vipergirl, what could have worn the tires out so quickly? Better get the hardy boys on this mystery : )

MalingatorGTS
03-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Just read the KB article and while on the LX/LC they are probably one of the two (ProCharger) making big power there are some issues not addressed .

You will most definitely need to forge the internals of a 392 and then go w a built trans, new TC, drive shaft and axles. That 7k price tag is a little over simplified

Viper Girl
03-18-2015, 07:52 PM
The HC might get a tune, but beyond that it's fine where it is, for what it is.

Malingator, do you know if Nitto 305/35r20's will work? someone from one of the HC forums said it fits fine... We were looking for NT555R's in a 275/40r20's which we can't get anywhere right now.

Viper Girl
03-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Geez, Vipergirl, what could have worn the tires out so quickly? Better get the hardy boys on this mystery : )
Geez, who swapped my tires? there was tread back there just last week :jerry:
Gotta figure that out so it doesn't happen again and again...

and again...

Schen
03-18-2015, 08:04 PM
I believe 305s will fit but maybe with some help. I remember a few LX cars using 275 Vredstein tires with no issues.

Are you serious about that driveshaft? Wow. I remember half shafts being a weak point on our cars then everyone started upgrading to 1000HP axels. It's amazing that in 2009, watching a early SCd Chrysler 300 SRT make a 10 second pass was amazing to all of us. Now there's Jeeps and Chargers running high 8's.

--RS

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Geez, who swapped my tires? there was tread back there just last week :jerry:
Gotta figure that out so it doesn't happen again and again...

and again...

It just isn't safe where you live with those damn tire thieves running around. You should leave the car with me to keep it safe for a while.

What's really amazing about these tire thieves is that instead of just taking the rear tires and leaving the car on blocks, they took the good rear tires and replaces them with burned rear ones and the lug nuts correctly torqued. I think we need to get the FBI involved on this because these thieves are clearly well organized and smart and I could potentially see this happening to hellcat owners all over the country.

And this crew is running around with a portable tire mounting machine too. Ya can't make this stuff up folks. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Ripper
03-18-2015, 08:10 PM
Lol

MalingatorGTS
03-18-2015, 08:38 PM
The HC might get a tune, but beyond that it's fine where it is, for what it is.

Malingator, do you know if Nitto 305/35r20's will work? someone from one of the HC forums said it fits fine... We were looking for NT555R's in a 275/40r20's which we can't get anywhere right now.

There are plenty of people who ran/run that size DR without an issue. I would check on the LX forum as people seem to change wheels and tires there like underwear. The 555 DR seems to hook pretty well for most pushing high whp. I couldn't run slicks or DR as I was at around 525whp and was running stock trans with a 3200 stall and stock rear on my 08 SRT with a full built 426. If I was to hook, I would break..something..

Viper Girl
03-18-2015, 09:54 PM
It just isn't safe where you live with those damn tire thieves running around. You should leave the car with me to keep it safe for a while.

What's really amazing about these tire thieves is that instead of just taking the rear tires and leaving the car on blocks.

Jeff, dude I'm tellin ya it's bad, things are goin downhill around the Country Club here... I dunno what to do about it... its' damn scary here

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l631/socalgirlz/hc-blocks.jpeg

Vprbite
03-19-2015, 04:07 AM
Yeah. The scariest part is you doin burnouts all over the country club. You must be terrorizing those poor 80yr olds in the area.

This actually brings up a real issue. I know we all joked about people burning the rear tires off of these things but seriously, will they be able to make them fast enough now that people are taking delivery of these cars?

MalingatorGTS
03-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Yeah. The scariest part is you doin burnouts all over the country club. You must be terrorizing those poor 80yr olds in the area.

This actually brings up a real issue. I know we all joked about people burning the rear tires off of these things but seriously, will they be able to make them fast enough now that people are taking delivery of these cars?

I think Dodge wasn't expecting such a giant demand for the car. It seems from what used to be posted that the car was made for the SRT folks who just wanted more car then the normal SRT. They looked at the core group of people, f which I was included, that went with a 426,440, a KB SC or a ProCharger. There were even the turbo guys who were building 8 second SRT GC's.

I think with all the press given to the car, LOTS of people who would never buy a "Dodge" wanted "the it" car! With that, the demand went far beyond the rabid SRT fans who wanted to buy a factory monster. I say give it two years and then the value will drop off and stable out. The values of most early gen SRTs 06-10 have really hit bottom. They held steady for quite a while but now can be had for pretty easy money, with mods.

The only reason I could see them keeping the production "slow" is to keep the desire for the car going. They said they will make as many as the public demands but if you flood the market, I think the desire falls off.

Vprbite
03-20-2015, 01:56 AM
Have they actually "halted" production or are they just not speeding it up to make those 9000 cars people put down a deposit for?

And Malingator brings up a good point about the press given to this car. People were whipped into a frenzy. I could only imagine if they advertised the Viper even halfway as much. I get asked all the time "didn't they stop making these?" Or things to that effect. But they did a great job with making this car THE CAR to have. Even people who aren't pure Mopar guys but are pure horsepower guys or bragging rights guys (and girls) just had to have this damn thing. No matter what. And they did that by putting that car out there everywhere. Getting even non car guys to talk about the hellcat sold a lot of them to the pure car guys.

v10enomous
03-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Have they actually "halted" production or are they just not speeding it up to make those 9000 cars people put down a deposit for?

They only stopped taking orders temporarily while they try to find ways to increase production. I believe they want to make them as fast as they can but parts and line capability are constrained.

Viper Girl
03-20-2015, 10:33 AM
You can get traction if you feather the throttle.. mash it to the floor and you are an instant burnout machine... Its not a hard car to drive, compared to the Viper it feels like you are sitting at the helm of a boat. Its huge inside by comparison.

Also it'll be interesting to see what the final build numbers are. Based on people I've talked with, everyone wants the 8sp auto...

The reason I have heard for the backlog is they can't build the engines fast enough. That is causing the slow down in production.

ViperSmith
03-20-2015, 10:45 AM
I do think the "shortage" is a bit intentional, "We can't build them fast enough!" and "We have to stop taking orders!" is a great marketing BS

Vprbite
03-20-2015, 02:20 PM
I do think the "shortage" is a bit intentional, "We can't build them fast enough!" and "We have to stop taking orders!" is a great marketing BS

Does it look like they had problems with marketing? I don't think they need to artificially drive up demand. I feel like if they could meet demand, they would. Why not sell a car instead of not selling one? And the chance to out put 9k of your fire breathing monsters on the road instead of your competitors getting out there is one they would take in a heartbeat. They just didnt plan on people clamoring for his car like they are.

My question is, how many people bought it thinking it would be a collector car and go immediately up in value as opposed to just buying to enjoy? If you bought one with the intention of selling, now is the time to sell.

Vprbite
03-20-2015, 02:23 PM
They only stopped taking orders temporarily while they try to find ways to increase production. I believe they want to make them as fast as they can but parts and line capability are constrained.

Right, it was orders they stopped, not the production lines. I think there is a misunderstanding about this in the general public. People are under the imoression that they stopped making them.