PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me answer some semi-technical questions? Trying to join the club!!

timberwolf
03-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Hi guys, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a gen 5 and have a bunch of questions.
I'll probably buy from Bernie at Viper Exchange and will most likely order the Arrow control unit and spring perches. My goal is to build a streetable roll racer with occasional strip and road course events.

My questions if you wouldnt mind helping me:

1)The venerable Track Pack, what is it listed as on a build sheet?

2)What does it include besides sidewinders, brakes and adjustable suspension?

3)In terms of brakes, the non track pack cars get what setup exaclty? Are they smaller calipers and rotors?

4)Non track pack suspension which i hear wheel hops and isnt as good with traction. Can one retrofit the adjustable oem setup without major surgery?

5) Do all cars get the adjustable pedals?

Thanks,

Greg

swexlin
03-15-2015, 12:21 PM
Nineball (Tony) and Flatout (Andy) will probably jump in shortly, they can answer most of these. The brake issue: I believe non-track pack rotors are solid vented, where as the track back rotors are Brembo 2-piece (my 13 Track Pack are Stop Techs). Calipers are 4-piston Brembos on all cars. For street driving, imo, this is plenty! Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome, and really, whatever choice you make, you can't go wrong. Have you ever seen Joe Dirt? It's like choosing between Jaime Pressly and Brittany Daniel.....

Jack B
03-15-2015, 12:53 PM
You may want look at the MCS shocks. Secondly,no matter what configuration you go with, include the Corsa tires.

timberwolf
03-15-2015, 04:17 PM
In the wise words of Joe Dirt.. Dang!! It is a tough choice and finding the right car is tough as well. I have learned from spending the last year on the forums that Tony and Andy are the resident Jedis. Ive enjoyed their posts and videos and hold them partially reaponsible for the 100k I'm about to spend lol ;)
Thanks for the info

timberwolf
03-15-2015, 04:19 PM
You may want look at the MCS shocks. Secondly,no matter what configuration you go with, include the Corsa tires.
My must have list in order of importance in the ideal world:
Sidewinder 2s/corsas
Track pack
Carbon aero
Srt hood
Carbon interior
18 speaker stereo

timberwolf
03-16-2015, 09:14 PM
Any other experts?

05Commemorative
03-16-2015, 09:29 PM
1) Track Pack = two piece rotors, sidewinder wheels and corsa tires on 2013 and on 2014 is just brakes stock on GTS and tires/wheels are separate. Suspension is not related to track-pack. That is a model deal and 2mode for GTS, TA and GT. SRT is not adjustable susenpsionl
2)non-track pack cars get solid rotors - same as all std vipers back to Gen3. Same calipers and rotor size, just solid one-piece so a bit heavier
3) Yes, all cars have adjustable pedals
4) if a base SRT car, would get the MCS suspension in a heartbeat as will be even better than the 2mode oem setup.

Hi guys, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a gen 5 and have a bunch of questions.
I'll probably buy from Bernie at Viper Exchange and will most likely order the Arrow control unit and spring perches. My goal is to build a streetable roll racer with occasional strip and road course events.

My questions if you wouldnt mind helping me:

1)The venerable Track Pack, what is it listed as on a build sheet?

2)What does it include besides sidewinders, brakes and adjustable suspension?

3)In terms of brakes, the non track pack cars get what setup exaclty? Are they smaller calipers and rotors?

4)Non track pack suspension which i hear wheel hops and isnt as good with traction. Can one retrofit the adjustable oem setup without major surgery?

5) Do all cars get the adjustable pedals?

Thanks,

Greg

timberwolf
03-16-2015, 10:32 PM
1) Track Pack = two piece rotors, sidewinder wheels and corsa tires on 2013 and on 2014 is just brakes stock on GTS and tires/wheels are separate. Suspension is not related to track-pack. That is a model deal and 2mode for GTS, TA and GT. SRT is not adjustable susenpsionl
2)non-track pack cars get solid rotors - same as all std vipers back to Gen3. Same calipers and rotor size, just solid one-piece so a bit heavier
3) Yes, all cars have adjustable pedals
4) if a base SRT car, would get the MCS suspension in a heartbeat as will be even better than the 2mode oem setup.

You're the man! Thanks for info.

Greg