PDA

View Full Version : A dream came true! New owner from Dubai!

G37Sam
03-15-2015, 03:32 AM
I have wanted this car for as long as I could remember! And the dream has finally come true!

I owned a 600whp G37S that I thought I'd never sell because of all the money I dumped on it:

But when the Viper deal popped up, I couldn't let it pass. 2014 Stryker Red GTS with 2500 miles on the clock! This is definitely the best car I have ever driven! God bless American Muscle!

Now I just need to sort out the horn issue and the exhaust heat drama.

Cheers from Dubai!
Sam

outnumbered
03-15-2015, 05:43 AM
Welcome and congrats Sam. I felt the same way after purchasing my first Viper. Nothing I have ever owned even comes close. Beautiful color by the way.

GBS
03-15-2015, 06:18 AM
Congrats! I love stryker red. Too bad they make you put a front license plate on her.

G37Sam
03-15-2015, 06:48 AM
Welcome and congrats Sam. I felt the same way after purchasing my first Viper. Nothing I have ever owned even comes close. Beautiful color by the way.

Thanks man. I don't even want to think of my next car, it's all downhill from here (unless it's a Gen VI? haha)

Congrats! I love stryker red. Too bad they make you put a front license plate on her.

That left a burn in my heart to be honest. Look at how they mounted that plate holder!! :'(

St.Char
03-15-2015, 08:50 AM
That's one badass looking car..Congrats dude!

vipertank
03-15-2015, 10:18 AM
Ugh! They drilled holes into your front bumper?? Ouch. Beautiful car though!! Maybe the only color that looks great at night, in a parking garage.

Stretch
03-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Congrats on the new Viper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vprbite
03-15-2015, 01:27 PM
Congratulations. And yes that is heartbreaking about the plate. I guess since you always have to keep one on there, it won't cause any problems. Still sucks though on such a beautiful car.

If you ever get another one, get a front plate mount from partsrack. It clips on and doesn't do any damage and can be removed and put back on whenever you feel like it.

1ststrike
03-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Enjoy it. I am sure you can run up the speed a lot more than we can in the states.

G37Sam
03-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys!

Enjoy it. I am sure you can run up the speed a lot more than we can in the states.

I don't know what you're talking about, I am a sensible law abiding citizen :drive:

viper_eddie
03-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Congratulations, great looking car!

It's a common known fact on this forum that red cars are faster!

Crotalidae
03-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Very nice & welcome aboard!!!

Space Truckin
03-16-2015, 12:38 AM
Congratulations Sam, BADASS ride :drive:

G37Sam
03-16-2015, 07:05 AM
Thanks Gentlemen.

I find myself looking for the lamest excuse to go and drive the car and purposely taking longer routes. I think I need therapy haha

Funny thing is a lot of people can't seem to figure out what the car is. There's always a crowd of people at the gas station making guesses. I saw someone sneak up to my car the other day just to take a pic of the front logo.

Vombomb
03-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Yeah it's a viper thing. I didn't believe it before I bought mine, but this car seems to baffle people. The general populace knows almost nothing about the viper... Mine is an 03 and everyone thinks it's brand new and cost 200k... I've ridden in lambos that got half the attention, it's weird... Car guys seem to like them a LOT more than euro cars too, due to the "reputation" of the car, no nannies, massive engine, no frills just thrills! Congrats on the car, although Orange is actually faster than red, ignore VprBite, he lies!!!

98intrigue
03-16-2015, 11:12 AM
I recognize your screen name from the G35driver/myg37/my350z/the370z forums. I had a single turbo G35 and a single turbo 370Z. Glad to see a familiar name over here. Congrats on the purchase!

G37Sam
03-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Haha no way! What are you doing here :)

Yes I joined the dark side, the G37 was cool and a blast but this just makes it feel like a Prius (don't tell that to the guys though I'm still admins on myG37)

Vprbite
03-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Yeah it's a viper thing. I didn't believe it before I bought mine, but this car seems to baffle people. The general populace knows almost nothing about the viper... Mine is an 03 and everyone thinks it's brand new and cost 200k... I've ridden in lambos that got half the attention, it's weird... Car guys seem to like them a LOT more than euro cars too, due to the "reputation" of the car, no nannies, massive engine, no frills just thrills! Congrats on the car, although Orange is actually faster than red, ignore VprBite, he lies!!!

I do not. As a man with a 10" c**k I have no need to lie.

And ask any physicist, the Doppler effect states that an object moving away from you will appear red...ergo all red Vipers you have seen are moving away from you due to their incredible rate of speed. Simple science, really.

Vombomb
03-16-2015, 09:12 PM

And ask any physicist, the Doppler effect states that an object moving away from you will appear red...ergo all red Vipers you have seen are moving away from you due to their incredible rate of speed. Simple science, really.

I don't even... I don't even know where to start with this statement...

viperboon
03-17-2015, 01:43 AM
I don't even... I don't even know where to start with this statement...

I will start it then, now a red car is fast, but once you paint it black it moves so fast the light can not catch it to reflect, therefor all you see is the black shadow left by the car as it vanishes FACT... :)

I know I edit Wikipedia for a living...

seriously nice car and the holes in the bumper that will buff right out..:)

G37Sam
03-17-2015, 02:08 AM

Makes perfect sense. Glad I opted for the Stryker Red.

Vombomb
03-17-2015, 09:31 AM
Oh yeah well um orange is uh... It's... Hate you all... :p

Vprbite
03-18-2015, 05:19 AM
Just wait till you out your first mod on the car, Sam. You will be hooked for sure after that. But it's the best addiction in the world. Maybe not the cheapest. But the best. Good to have you here. We have fun teasing abiut colors but we are all Viper brothers and sisters here. We are some of the few people on this earth lucky enough to get to experience these amazing machines.

G37Sam
03-19-2015, 01:19 AM
I've been down that road trust me! On my previous car, I just wished it was a little louder, just an innocent catback was all I wanted. And that's how it all started. When I had sold it last month, the only thing that was left stock on it was the chassis, some body panels and some interior bits lol

viperboon
03-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Apparently we are all wrong, i just checked the paint of the car has no effect on the speed of the car, just an effect on the driver in the car, sorta like waving a red flag in front of a bull. red cars have this effect on the driver not the car, the color
may make you drive it faster but not faster over all..

the hoods subconscious effect on the driver as he stares down the road for endless miles..

red hood, drive faster

black hood, drive cool.

orange hood, drive safely.

yellow hood, drive happier.

green hood, drive crazy

purple hood, drive royally.

blue hood, don't drive at all.

Fangs3
03-20-2015, 07:58 AM
Congrats, Sam!! What a "Beauty"!!! We did our first cruise last weekend and the feeling was "Awesome"! Our rides "ROCK"! Loving it!!!

Cheryl

smhog
03-24-2015, 04:36 PM
Sam, that's outstanding!

How long until we read about your Viper up the road at Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi making those Italians jealous? Lol

Tim

G37Sam
03-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Haha thanks Tim, I think there's a 458 already on his way to selling his car from what happened to him earlier tonight :drive:

G37Sam
05-18-2015, 05:28 AM
So I removed the front plate holder and why am I not surprised? The idiots drilled through the front bumper! I was hoping they stopped at the 3M tape. GRRRR!!

I got a permit for a smaller front plate and moved it to the side. Looks a lot better IMO:

bogdan
05-18-2015, 07:32 AM
Congratulations!

Fatboy 18
05-18-2015, 07:37 AM
So I removed the front plate holder and why am I not surprised? The idiots drilled through the front bumper! I was hoping they stopped at the 3M tape. GRRRR!!

I got a permit for a smaller front plate and moved it to the side. Looks a lot better IMO:

Nice car, that plate looks much better.

How do you plan to fix the hole issue?

G37Sam
05-18-2015, 08:24 AM
I'm dropping by an experienced body shop tomorrow. It's going to be tricky with the Stryker Red but I am confident they've got a few tricks up their sleeve.

Fatboy 18
05-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Best of luck :)

viperboon
05-20-2015, 06:37 PM
Hello from California,

what did you ever do about the heat in the car? you live where it is so hot i bet your side sill get very hot,

I have a 97 gts in California, it is almost as hot here as it it there, but only about 130F/54C once a year or so, I went on and upgraded the cooling system and vented the side sill in the front. had to cut the inner fender " <:( sad moment.... " to let in cool air, but it looks good an you cant see it unless you look in side the front fender behind the tire, but it lowers the heat in the car a lot, not sure if all the upgrades plug right in to the new viper but if you want i will check but someone who knows may be the right person to ask, and just have the parts shipped right to you or the place you get the work done at..

so about that heat drama? if you cant take the heat do something about it.. or move north.. till you see snow in the distance in winter and stop, dont move to the snow just close to where is snows perhaps the coast is always nice, but is more practical to upgrade the car.

to be "honest" it still bugs me to of had the inner fender walls cut, but it eliminated the heat, and saved the car because a smog device, went bad and got way to hot almost or could have caught on fire but the vent kept it from getting to hot so it only melted the paint. new catalyst and paint all fixed

Did i say to much?

drewsss
05-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Welcome!

G37Sam
05-21-2015, 01:40 AM
I think I'm just going to do a cat delete and call it a day, easier than relocating haha

The heat is bearable really, I just want an excuse to make her scream haha

Viper Red
05-21-2015, 11:05 PM
Mabrook Sam. Car looks awesome!

G37Sam
05-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Mabrook Sam. Car looks awesome!

Thank you sir! If you ever drive down this side of town let me know :)

Vprbite
05-22-2015, 11:57 PM
I think I'm just going to do a cat delete and call it a day, easier than relocating haha

The heat is bearable really, I just want an excuse to make her scream haha

Headers and hi flows will change your life, heat wise. Recently took my car out when it was only about 60 degrees out and after some 160mph runs you could even touch the intake. And the sills were hot but won't burn you. You just don't want to put your hand on them for very long.

I know on the Gen IIs, some people would cut the hood behind the non functioning "hood speaker" to help vent it. each generation cools mich better though so I bet once you open that exaust up the cabin heat will go away. I drove 2 hours in 89 degree weather today and had to turn my air conditioning up cause it was making the inside too cold. So really. Exhaust is your friend.

LeadfootRT10
05-23-2015, 03:22 AM
Can you humor my curiosity? What's it like importing a car to the middle east? Or did you buy this already imported?

At any rate, welcome to the family! That car is certainly a beauty!

G37Sam
05-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Can you humor my curiosity? What's it like importing a car to the middle east? Or did you buy this already imported?

At any rate, welcome to the family! That car is certainly a beauty!

Thanks for the kinds words!

I got this one locally actually (ME Spec - for the warranty, can't trust these Gen V engines) but importing a US Spec into the ME is not that hard even if it's a salvage title, it's just a matter of patience and paperwork, nothing a clearing agent can't take care of. 5% Customs Duty on CIF and some local charges and you're set.

Some "grey importers" here even have their hands on Hellcats when authorized Dodge dealers are struggling to get them. The auto market in Dubai is an actual city (gold mine more like) with everything from C3 Vettes to ACR's and Ford GT's. Japanese and German spec are also available but less popular here.

Viper Red
05-25-2015, 02:41 PM
It's NO import TAX here in Bahrain. We have a free trade agreement with the US so all US products are not taxed.
However, salavage vehicles are not allowed and if by some miracle they make it through customs, they will NOT be registered and are not road legal.

lochnessmonster
06-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Haha thanks Tim, I think there's a 458 already on his way to selling his car from what happened to him earlier tonight :drive:

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Sweet. :trike:

ViperPete
06-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Was you're car originally from Miami?

And, CONGRATS!!!!!

I love mine.... and I have a blue hood and I drive it all the time ;)