PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Driver Wants to Ban Shifting

Vprbite
03-14-2015, 05:14 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/denny-hamlin-wants-to-ban-shifting-at-phoenix-215513250.html

So a NASCAR driver wants to ban shifting, particularly during this race coming up in Phoenix. Why not go all the way and ban real cars and just simulate it all on video games? I have been saying for years that real cars and shifting have been giving better drivers an unfair advantage. Why should some people get to win just because they are better drivers?

***full disclosure*** I am not a NASCAR fan. It bores me and I really dont think it should be called "stock car" racing unless you can walk into a dealership and buy that car today. (Like the Charger Daytonas of old) Last I checked there weren't a whole lot of 700hp Ford Focuses sitting on dealer lots.

I understand if you disagree with my viewpoint. This is America and you are allowed to be wrong. : )

viperboon
03-14-2015, 05:39 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/denny-hamlin-wants-to-ban-shifting-at-phoenix-215513250.html

So a NASCAR driver wants to ban shifting, particularly during this race coming up in Phoenix. Why not go all the way and ban real cars and just simulate it all on video games? I have been saying for years that real cars and shifting have been giving better drivers an unfair advantage. Why should some people get to win just because they are better drivers?

***full disclosure*** I am not a NASCAR fan. It bores me and I really dont think it should be called "stock car" racing unless you can walk into a dealership and buy that car today. (Like the Charger Daytonas of old) Last I checked there weren't a whole lot of 700hp Ford Focuses sitting on dealer lots.

I understand if you disagree with my viewpoint. This is America and you are allowed to be wrong. : )

first of all nice viper,

second yep fricken STOCK CAR lie, i know it is only considered stock on the out side, but if you drive in a circle all day you probably don't want to bother with naming any thing to complicated, just make sure you go real fast and turn right at the wall.

Vprbite
03-14-2015, 05:51 AM
first of all nice viper, l.

Thank you! I like it so much I had a custom travel bag made to match it. That's not a joke. Check it out here http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/2179-Custon-Leather

And I guess I can say I respect the engineering that goes into building any race car but I just wish they got to use the engineering better than just turning left.

Granger73
03-14-2015, 10:09 AM
Wouldn't it be great to have the NASCAR crew pull in to a city; go to the local car dealers; pick up a car and go to the track and race. That would be a great race series.

Nine Ball
03-14-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm not a NASCAR follower, to be honest it has never intrigued me. Growing up in TX, I am certainly in their redneck target demographic. But, I find it less about cars, more about driver drama. Most of the diehard fans I have met aren't car enthusiasts, which says a lot.

MalingatorGTS
03-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Wait, I can't buy a Camry that has 700hp either! That's false advertising!

I was never a NASCAR fan as to me it's like flushing Skittles down a toilet. I love road racing and rally cross!

Like Nine Ball says, most fans follow the drivers and not the cars.

One of my favorite old NASCAR jokes (doesn't apply now) was...
F1 drivers date supermodels. .NASCAR drivers date their sisters. ..I kid, I kid..LMAO!

viper_eddie
03-15-2015, 06:26 PM
F1 drivers date supermodels. .NASCAR drivers date their sisters. ..I kid, I kid..LMAO!

Hahaha that's pretty funny. I've never really liked NASCAR but I would be interested to go to a race just to see what it's all about. Likewise, F1 bores me. I really enjoy rallying though, definitely enjoyed watching videos of that back in the day. When I lived in Europe for a few years, I would watch rally and snooker videos, go figure. To each their own I guess.

What I do like about NASCAR, though, is that they do make it more about the driver by not having as many constants and all that computer stuff telling the team absolutely every little detail on how the car is doing.

Vprbite
03-16-2015, 02:33 AM

I was never a NASCAR fan as to me it's like flushing Skittles down a toilet. I love road racing and rally cross!

Like Nine Ball says, most fans follow the drivers and not the cars.

What's a mile long and has 100 teeth? The front row at NASCAR. Heyooooo. I only tell that joke so that you guys can avoid it in the future cause it's so mean. If you hear someone start to make the joke, you can walk away. I just wanted to help you guys out.

Vombomb
03-16-2015, 09:14 AM
NASCAR baffles me... Wtf is so interesting about 500 laps of an oval, when you only follow it for the drivers...? F1 interests me only on an engineering level, it's just so awesome what those cars are capable of, and the sound... Hnnnnggggg...

NASCAR is just another one of those things that just helps further the American stereotype to the rest of the world...

bluesrt
03-16-2015, 09:21 AM
its the sheeple following and conforming, the sheeple will never change, been that way since time- ever put a bunch of fish in a cow or horse drinking pool, say 10 fish, 8 of the fish will swarm to a area , and the other 2 will go to a different area- the 8 are the sheeple...lol, funny of the day,but true

rw99
03-16-2015, 11:59 AM
What's a mile long and has 100 teeth? The front row at NASCAR. Heyooooo. I only tell that joke so that you guys can avoid it in the future cause it's so mean. If you hear someone start to make the joke, you can walk away. I just wanted to help you guys out.

Post of the day!

Vprbite
03-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Thank you RW99.

I just read the article to my GF. She said this driver is a p***y and he needs to learn how to shift and quit whining just because other people are better.

Seriously, this is like complaining that tests in college are too hard and give the people who study and put in effort an advantage that rewards them with better grades. Unfairness goes against everything this country stands for. It is a corrupt system that rewards the more capable and harder working. We should protest that.

In fact, why do races have to decide who wins and who loses? Think about the feelings of the people who don't win. Everyone should get a checkered flag just for participating. That's the American way!

CarolinaViper
03-16-2015, 06:25 PM

Okay....got to speak up. As I was born in Daytona Beach, FL and basically grew up in NASCAR country (North Carolina) it takes a lot of skill to go that fast in a circle and not get dizzy at those speeds.

But really "You ask if NASCAR drivers are the best in the world," two-time Indianapolis 500 champion Al Unser Jr. said. "Absolutely. Driving in NASCAR they are. And the top drivers in IndyCar are the best in the world of IndyCar.

Two different type of cars and courses...Didn't you guys watch "Days of Thunder"

viperboon
03-20-2015, 01:11 AM
I drive 1,000 miles in a stretch normally, some times more i think i did 1,800 in a day once, my record, if it was not for the speed limit, i could set some amazing times, now i have this viper heheheheheheheheheheheh

there is no way i could drive 500 circles in a day, it takes a cretin kind of mind to do that. like some dogs chase there tails, and some don't, is one smarter than the other, probably.

Sybil TF
03-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Nascar hasn't been good since the 1970's... Down the toilet just like the NFL. Nothing but babies.

Ginja
03-26-2015, 09:12 AM
NASCAR baffles me... Wtf is so interesting about 500 laps of an oval, when you only follow it for the drivers...? F1 interests me only on an engineering level, it's just so awesome what those cars are capable of, and the sound... Hnnnnggggg...

NASCAR is just another one of those things that just helps further the American stereotype to the rest of the world...

The F1 sound is gone now though, its all dull quiet whooshing from the crappy turbo's. I used to love F1 but its become all about the drivers personalities and silly meddling with the rules. I quite like NASCAR because of the noise of the cars and on occasion some of the racing is so close plus you often really have no idea who will win - not something you can say about F1! A really nice amalgam of all that is good about both series is the Aussie V8 Supercars (where Marcos Ambrose came from). The racing is really close and fast and seems to not have the the extreme seriousness of the NASCAR and F1 championships - makes it a bit more fun plus its all out V8 noise!