PDA

View Full Version : Help, need some consumer advice, BAER Brakes

Fatboy 18
03-11-2015, 03:33 AM
It all started when I contacted BAER telling them I would like a replacement set of rotors to fit on my existing Eraddispeed hats, I was told replacement rotors were available in two options, slotted and drilled OR slotted only, I ordered Slotted only.

New replacement discs arrived.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7550/15979924687_bd4ec5e88d_z.jpg

I also had the option to have them Zinc plated at time of purchase so had that done too.

Problem 1, It turned out the replacement discs sent to me did not fit my existing hats!
After several emails and finally phone calls it turned out that the original hats I had for my car were the incorrect size, so at added cost and shipping, duty, taxes I ordered replacement hats to fit the new rear discs.

Heres a pic of the old rotor, as you can see the centre hat is smaller and there is a lot of unused disc!
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7503/15646106913_a32e927f61_c.jpg

Here's a pic of the new disc and new hat fitted which is now the correct size.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7303/16380825708_710ac25cdd_c.jpg

Problem 2
Front discs / Hats

With the new front discs and the existing discs bolted up to the original hats, visually the replacement discs looked correct. However once I had unbolted the original hat, cleaned everything up and attempted to fit the hat to the new disc I realised there was a problem, the hat is slightly too small!
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8671/16459836377_447ca458ab_z.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8636/16479567168_74a19859b8_z.jpg

Now bear in mind the whole point of my original order was to order replacement Discs for my original hats I'm starting to get mad!

I again sent emails back to Baer to the sales rep who sold me the replacement discs including pictures and measurements, No reply! after several emails asking for confirmation that he had received the emails with attachments, still no reply, so I telephoned the company, got through to the sales rep and asked him what was going on,
He told me it was rather busy there but he had received my emails and had contacted customer services to see how they are going to resolve the issue!
Another couple of days pass and still no answer.

Again I telephoned the company, sales rep can not tell me the companies intentions, he is waiting to hear back from customer services, he said to leave it with him and call him back in an hour, this I did and still no answer from customer services, I asked him to transfer me to the customer services dept, no one answered the phone.
I sent sales rep another email telling him that I have not been able to get through.

No response from sales rep.

The replacement discs they have sent me have no part numbers anywhere on them so how the hell could a picker in the company know they are the correct disc?

If I have to return the discs to Baer in Arizona, I don't believe I should have to pay for the shipping? They sent me the wrong discs, surely they should make good the order?
I paid for these discs with my credit card over the phone. Should I contact my credit card company and let them take up the case?
Is there a American Consumer business line I should report this company too?

Im not happy and Baers lack of response has really made me Mad.
I thought this was a company with a great reputation but now I'm beginning to wonder.

Thanks.

viper_eddie
03-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Sorry to hear of these problems. They're a big company and I also thought they had a good reputation but I've never dealt with them.

If they're at fault for sending the wrong measurements they should definitely pay for your return shipping, no doubt about that.

IndyRon
03-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Not to side with the company, but you stated that the rear rotors on the car were wrong and they sent the correct hats to match the new disc's....is it possible that the front hats are wrong also?

Fatboy 18
03-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Not to side with the company, but you stated that the rear rotors on the car were wrong and they sent the correct hats to match the new disc's....is it possible that the front hats are wrong also?Fully understand what you're saying IndyRon :)
I purchased the car with these rotors already fitted so I have no Idea weather they were the correct discs or not?

However, I have found numbers on my own old rotors and numbers on the hats, I forwarded all this information to Baer several days ago and still no response :(

If they had come back to me and said we have supplied you with the correct discs and the hats are off another car then I have no problem with this, but what I am finding so frustrating is the total lack of communication :(

If the hats are wrong, how many other cars out there have a six studded wheel?

Fatboy 18
03-12-2015, 02:57 AM
Oh well, really hoped I would not have to go down this road, but Still I have had Zero feedback from this company :(

I sent them this email yesterday and sadly have heard nothing :(

"Good Morning Melvin,

Very disappointed that no one from customer services or yourself has not come back to me after all my phone calls and emails to get the front disc issue resolved.
If I do not hear from your company by close of business today, I will have no choice but to put in a claim for charge back on my credit card.
I will also be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Yours sincerely

Mr Mark Kidman
United Kingdom.

LifeIsGood
03-12-2015, 06:29 AM
You gotta do what you gotta do. I hate getting poor customer service. I doubt a charge back will even get their attention. You'll probably get an email next week asking you to grade their customer service. :rolleyes:

Fatboy 18
03-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Just gave them a final telephone call, now dealing with a different person, lets see how this goes, he said he will get back to me today!

C.J
03-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Mark, I hope this turns out well. I'm not impressed with their service.

Fatboy 18
03-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Have to say im not too impressed, apparently they are setting up somewhere for a big show this weekend? I have resubmitted all revelivent corispondance to the new guy, im now waiting to hear back! I really don't want to go down the credit card route, I just want to resolve the issue, even if it means I have to buy extra front hats. I will just put this one down to experience!

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Just a thought: 'If you had used a VOA Sponsor who reps/sells Baer, maybe you'd have an advocate to help.....'

I sent em a mail on your behalf....to one of the senior guys [who is also a Viper Owner] Stay Tuned.

Fatboy 18
03-13-2015, 02:07 AM
Just a thought: 'If you had used a VOA Sponsor who reps/sells Baer, maybe you'd have an advocate to help.....'

I sent em a mail on your behalf....to one of the senior guys [who is also a Viper Owner] Stay Tuned.Hi Jon, I really appreciate the offer of help.

If you remember I did contact you First, we did exchange emails on replacing my eraddispeed rotors, but you only had the Drilled and Slotted design in stock. (I was looking for slotted only) which is why I contacted BAER.

Please dont think I was avoiding doing business you ;) At least BAER has the hassle of sorting this out and Not YOU :D

For the record, it has cost me more $ than the price you gave me :(

Fatboy 18
03-14-2015, 04:22 AM
Still no response from this company :(

Fatboy 18
03-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Bump, Great customer service BAER......Still not one email or response from this bloody company.

Fellow Viper owners be warned!

Im going to get on the phone again soon and see if anyone can be bothered to deal with me :(

Fatboy 18
03-16-2015, 05:28 PM
3 more phone calls today, then get an email back, "is it the front rotors you have a problem with or the rears" Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh :stickmen_burningsti

Give me friggin strength!

Reply via email "i SENT YOU ALL INFORMATION AND 4 ATTACHMENTS 03/12/15" So re-sent email again with read receipt marked high priority, Still have not had confirmation they have bothered to open email.

Fatboy 18
03-17-2015, 02:56 AM
So far I have communicating with a guy called Melvin Patterson, he stopped communicating with me.
I am now dealing with a guy called Curtis Miller, he is also now not responding to my emails

Anyone know who the CEO of BAER is or his contact details? Or who is a senior manager who can help me?

I need the car back on the road for next week!

whitebeard
03-17-2015, 03:56 AM
Go to Twitter and Facebook. Start rocking the boat publicly. Use social media to your advantage.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baer-Brakes/228682575374

Fatboy 18
03-17-2015, 06:31 AM
Go to Twitter and Facebook. Start rocking the boat publicly. Use social media to your advantage.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baer-Brakes/228682575374

Thank you, sadly I don't know how to operate those sites but my son is on Facebook so I will ask him to try and help. :)

whitebeard
03-17-2015, 06:56 AM
If you grant me permission I would be glad to start getting the ball rolling.

Fatboy 18
03-17-2015, 07:16 AM
If you grant me permission I would be glad to startOh Yes please :web_driver:

After three phone calls yesterday evening (for me) and then follow up emails I just can't believe the lack of urgency or response.

Now being as the original sales rep has not replied, I sent him this today

To Melvin Patterson
Good Morning

Very disappointed that still my issue with the front rotors and non matching Hats has not been resolved. It is now the 17th of March,

I have also been speaking to a Gentleman called Curtis Miller on this issue, I sent him emails with attachments and a read receipt, I have had no reply that the email has been opened!

NO ONE seems to be able to tell me how you intend to proceed with resolving this issue? meanwhile days keep ticking away and I told you guys I need the car up and running NOW! I have a meeting with the car on the 29th March.

Do you have hats available for the replacement FRONT rotors you sold me?

Are the Discs you sold me a newer design and my old discs are now obsolete?

I am banging my head here in the UK against a brick wall, I am really astounded that a company of your size and reputation can not even bother to reply to my questions!
I have telephoned your company several times, sent emails, and then wait days with no response!

Not exactly great service is it?

Yours sincerely

Mr Mark Kidman

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:41 PM
To: Dutch Miller
Subject: Re: Baer Brakes

Hello Dutch
My car is a 2000 Gen II Dodge Viper GTS
See attached picture.

I purchased my car in 2008 second hand and it came fitted with Eraddispeed 2 piece rotors and hats.

I contacted your company over the telephone and the sales rep was Melvin Patterson. I explained to him I had eraddispeed 2 peice rotors and hats and that I would like to replace my rotors in a slotted only option, I was told this was available and could also get the rotors Zinc plated to keep them looking good.

The order date was 10th December 2014
Order number 0091971

The rotors arrived in the united Kingdom and upon opening the box I realised there was a problem with the rear rotors, my original eraddispeed hat was too small to fit the new rotors!
I contacted Melvin and we sorted this problem by me ordering new hats (added cost $ ) to match the rotors you supplied. 1st problem solved.

Now I have taken apart my front rotors and hats, cleaned up my original hats and went to fit them onto the new front rotors, now visually the holes lined up pretty close, but upon putting the first bolt in the hole I realised my original hats are too small!

please see attached pictures, I have measured the outside to outside hole diameters of the new rotor and my old eraddispeed hat, as you can see there is a difference.

The new slotted zinc plated front rotors you have supplied me have no numbers or markings on them anywhere.
I have found some old numbers and markings on my old Hat and rotors, I sent all this information to Melvin and he said he would contact Rick in Customer services and get back to me, this was sent to him March 4th.

Hello again Melvin

Just found some numbers on the outside edge of my original slotted and drilled rotors

They are very difficult to read but I think it reads as follows

DBA7845 MIN TH30 MB 18/3/02N

Please remember I am looking for slotted only replacements, not slotted and Drilled

Sadly there are no numbers anywhere on the new rotors you have supplied me with.

Thanks Mark.”

I also sent Melvin the number engraved in the Hat

“I have also found a number engraved to the inside of my rotor hat ERA005”

Sadly I have had no response on what decision is being made, are the above numbers the correct rotor and hat for my car? has there been a newer modification to the rotors and hats making my parts obsolete? Do I now need new hats to fit these rotors? Or have the rotors that have been sent to me, are they wrong?

I have a track day on March 29th and really need to get the car back on the road for a shakedown after winter.

The lack of communication is killing me, I really hope you can help me

Many thanks

Mark Kidman

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:43 PM
To: mailto:mark.kidman@ntlworld.com
Subject: Baer Brakes

Mark,
We spoke about a brake fit on your Viper.
I don't write very fast and missed a few details.
If you don't mind, please give me a few details of what you received and what does not fit.
Also What year is your Viper?
I have a good bit of time to research this today between the workload of missing a few personnel.
This will help me get to a solution that allows you to compete in the upcoming event.

Thanks

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 7:17 PM
To: Mark
Subject: rotors

Mark,
Are we working on front or rear rotors on your Viper?

I can find a solution, just neglected to write down which end we were working on!

Thanks
Dutch

From ME

You are working on the FRONTS. I have swallowed the cost from yourselves of having to order additional new hats for the rear rotors!

Have you found the email I sent you on the 12th with attachments?

Sincerely

Mark Kidman

C.J
03-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Mark, that numbering info off your old rotors (DBA7845 ...) makes me wonder if the old rotors were from Disk Brakes Australia, and not Baer.

whitebeard
03-17-2015, 07:27 AM
Well if a number of us post to their FB page and Tweet them, we might be able to start a push, It would be something

Fatboy 18
03-17-2015, 07:45 AM
Mark, that numbering info off your old rotors (DBA7845 ...) makes me wonder if the old rotors were from Disk Brakes Australia, and not Baer.

When I did speak yesterday to "Dutch" He confirmed they were early Baer numbers, the Hats also have eraddi speed printed on them.

My car was a California car previously owned by our own VOA Treasurer. (Brad)

I have never heard of Disc Brakes Australia?

I just found their USA website, typed in the number, but nothing has come up?

whitebeard
03-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Just got a reply and sent them a link to this thread.

Fatboy 18
03-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Well lets see what happens?

9:03 AM now in Phoenix, 4PM here in the UK

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-17-2015, 02:11 PM
You will be getting some updated rotor hats at No charge, in a few days. Along with an apology of course.

They know this one slipped thru the cracks....

Fatboy 18
03-17-2015, 03:21 PM
You will be getting some updated rotor hats at No charge, in a few days. Along with an apology of course.

They know this one slipped thru the cracks....

Yes, thank you everyone.

I had a phone call a couple of hours ago apologizing for the errors in the system, there words were "not only did this slip through the cracks of the system, it fell off the cliff!"

It turned out that the replacement rotor casting has been changed making my old hats redundant, New replacement hats are being shipped out today compliments of BAER.

Thank you ALL again including those who sent me PMs, things like this make you proud to belong to a GREAT CLUB.

I will post up pics of everything in place when I get it :)

Fatboy 18
03-19-2015, 06:47 AM
Box turned up this morning!

New Hats. Hat is exactly the same size as my old hat, but hole diameter has been widened, holes now very close to the edge but they now fit.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7651/16836742626_032aae9aea_z.jpg

Thanks to Rick at BAER.

And again thanks to everyone who helped me resolve this issue.

whitebeard
03-19-2015, 07:39 AM
I'm just glad it worked out. <Ducking out of the way>

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Yes, thank you everyone.

Thank you ALL again including those who sent me PMs, things like this make you proud to belong to a GREAT CLUB!

It's an ASSOciation ! Were just a bunch of Viper-Lovin' ASSOs....

Fatboy 18
03-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Talk about close to the edge!

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8586/16868080325_b257ec0dc6_z.jpg

There on :)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7594/16680672230_ccaf60f50f_z.jpg

J TNT
03-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you !

LifeIsGood
03-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Were just a bunch of Viper-Lovin' ASSOs....

Now that's funny.

TitleMine
03-26-2015, 05:01 PM
We have their rotors on our Z06, thought they were decent quality for the price, no issues. Hope this gets resolved.

Fatboy 18
03-26-2015, 05:06 PM
We have their rotors on our Z06, thought they were decent quality for the price, no issues. Hope this gets resolved.
It is resolved thanks to members and sponsors of this great club :)

C.J
03-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Glad Baer came through for you. The lesson here is to persevere. :)

I'm very happy for you that this worked out to your satisfaction!