PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Motor Running V.2.0 Event!!!

Brian GTS
03-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Here we go! It is "preventive maintenance season" for our Vipers. To help, on March 21st, we will host our "Get Your Motor Running V2.0" event to help get your Viper ready to slither through the season! This event was a huge success last year so we decided to do it again! This year we have upgraded this event to also include a Detail Clinic and we will wrap up the day with private club Dinner!!!

If you plan to take part in ANY of the activities throughout the day, it is important that you read this post in it's entirety for instructions as we need you to RSVP!

PART I - Maintenance Clinic
Time: 8:00am - 2:00pm

We will have 2 lifts available to perform oil, differential, clutch, transmission, and brake fluid changes. If you're not a maintenance guru and have never done this before, that's okay! We have plenty experience on hand to help out and you can learn a lot about your Viper! Our club VP Mike Reeves and member Al Humphries from Capital Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Garner will have a parts van on site stocked with the appropriate OEM oil filters, differential, clutch, transmission, and brake fluids available for purchase. They will also have a fluid disposal tank on site and will properly dispose of our used fluids for us! Otherwise, the only item you need to bring is your choice of motor oil! I believe most are running the Mobil 1 0W-40 formula these days. Below are the estimated oil fill capacities for the various generations (rounded up to the nearest quart):

1992-2002 - 9 quart
2003-2014 - 11 quart
Of course it never hurts to buy an extra quart! :)

I will provide FREE lunch to Carolina VOA members.

If you do not have any maintenance needs, you may still feel free to attend to lend a helping hand, or just "hang out" with us. We had a lot of folks do that last year.

PART II - Detail Clinic
Location: Northridge Auto Spa, 7110 Sandy Forks Rd, Raleigh, NC
Time: ~2:00pm - 5:00pm

Club members Hap & Heidi Merritt are the owners of Northridge Auto Spa and have generously offered to host a detail clinic for us! We will discuss proper washing, polishing, waxing, and scratch & swirl removal techniques. If you have some flaws on your Viper, we may be able to help....and if your Viper has a perfect finish, we'll inform you how to keep it that way! We are also accepting members who want to volunteer their cars to be used as specimens during the clinic, so if you have minor flaws in your finish that you are not able to feel with your fingernail (i.e. swirls, fine scratches, rub marks, etc), reply to have them professionally examined and likely corrected!

PART III - Dinner!
Time: 5:15pm

Immediately following the detail clinic, we'll take 15 min drive to Nantucket Grill where we will enjoy a private club dinner. The club is subsidizing $20/pp toward your meal, but if you could contribute toward purchases beyond $20 AND help us out with gratuity, that would be very much appreciated. We'll have our Stryker contribution cans handy during dinner. We've done it this way a couple times in the past for other club meals, and everyone has been very generous so we will continue doing it this way. Thanks everyone for you cooperation!

RSVP DETAILS

FINALLY! If you plan to attend this event, please RSVP ASAP with:

1) The activities you will be attending (1 - Maintenance, 2- Detail Clinic, 3 - Dinner.....or post "ALL" if you plan to take part in all three activities)

IF you are planning to service or have your car serviced, please indicate:

2) The YEAR of your car.
3) Indicate which fluids you would like to have replaced (O - Oil, D - Differential, C - Clutch, B - Brake, T - Transmission). Or, simply post up "ALL" if you wish to have all fluids replaced.
4) Finally, please let us know if you be purchasing fluids "on-site" so we can ensure we have adequate inventory. A simple "YES" if you plan to purchase on-site or "NO" if you plan to purchase them elsewhere will do. Again, motor oil will not be provided, so bring your own, but everything else can be purchased from the parts van at VERY COMPETITIVE prices.

For those coming from afar, a few of us have guest rooms available to accommodate your overnight stay. You are certainly welcome to them....or we also have some nice hotels in the area.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

billp
03-07-2015, 09:30 PM
2008 ALL- O- Volunteer my car to be used as specimen

Bill P

DaveW
03-08-2015, 08:48 AM
1) All (Detail volunteer)
2) 2000
3) O
4) No

I may may need a place to stay, depending how late it gets. Thanks for the offer.

PatrickB
03-08-2015, 11:18 AM
I'll be there to hang out and help.

No maintenance work for me as I'm pretty much up-to-date. Not sure at this time if I'm bringing the Viper, might hitch a ride to the detail clinic and dinner with someone if that's cool.

ACR PHIL
03-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Looking forward to a Great day.

1 All
2 1998
3 All
4 Yes

Janni
03-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Cones in for 1 & 3 - don't need any maintenance - but we'll be there ready to be put to work! I am an excellent brake bleeder. ;-)

THANK YOU for this great event. Carolinas VOA ROCKS!!!!

DaveW
03-08-2015, 12:57 PM
I'll be there to hang out and help.

No maintenance work for me as I'm pretty much up-to-date. Not sure at this time if I'm bringing the Viper, might hitch a ride to the detail clinic and dinner with someone if that's cool.
Patrick,

You're welcome to stop by my house that morning and ride over to Raleigh with me if you don't drive your Viper. PM me if you're interested.

PatrickB
03-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Patrick,

You're welcome to stop by my house that morning and ride over to Raleigh with me if you don't drive your Viper. PM me if you're interested.

Might do that Dave; I'll let you know. Thanks!

Brian GTS
03-08-2015, 03:19 PM
The list begins:

Bill
Dave
Patrick
Phil
Randy
Janni & Henry
Craig
Brian

P.S. If any others plan to bring their spouse or guest, please let us know for the dinner planning. ;)

Mreeves
03-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Terri and the twins will be there all day to help Al and whatever else needs done. I'm planning to be there as much as possible. The Viper is up to date. See you all then.

busterbrown
03-08-2015, 08:06 PM
!. All
2. 2008
3. All
4. Yes

I may need a place to stay over Saturday night.

Fred

C.J
03-09-2015, 07:55 AM
1. ALL

If we have time I'll swap my diff fluid (I already have the fluid and friction modifier), otherwise I'll be a garage lackey.

I have some weak clearcoat on a couple of my wheels, and if Hap has some detailing magic he can work on them, I'll volunteer my Viper for that.

Really looking forward to this event again. The detailing and dinner are icing on the cake.

Brian, what can I bring along for lunch? Drinks, etc?

ACR PHIL
03-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Melody plans on coming with me

Brian GTS
03-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Update...ooops, I just noticed that I missed Nina & Dugan who were the first to respond via e-mail!!! Sorry bout that!

Nina & Dugan
Bill
Dave
Patrick
Phil & Melody
Randy
Janni & Henry
Fred
Mike, Terri, & Family
Craig
Brian

P.S. If any others plan to bring their spouse or guest, please let us know for the dinner planning.

Brian GTS
03-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Brian, what can I bring along for lunch? Drinks, etc?

Thanks Craig....Janelle and I will have lunch covered. Unless you want to bring a few "cold ones" like you did last year, the refrigerator will be stocked. :)

Again, a BIG THANKS again for setting up the dinner arrangements for us!

Josrocket
03-09-2015, 12:42 PM
1. ALL
2. 2001
3. O, D, C, T I have never done any of these but the oil and brake. I have no way to know how old the other fluids are.
4. YES

I will be by myself this time. I have some scratches and imperfections in my paint/finish so you could use my car.

I have been using 10-30. I talked to JonB about it and he told me to start running 0-40 and not to use the OEM filters. You guys agree as well?

Brian GTS
03-09-2015, 12:46 PM
1. ALL
2. 2001
3. O, D, C, T I have never done any of these but the oil and brake. I have no way to know how old the other fluids are.
4. YES

I will be by myself this time. I have some scratches and imperfections in my paint/finish so you could use my car.

I have been using 10-30. I talked to JonB about it and he told me to start running 0-40 and not to use the OEM filters. You guys agree as well?

YES...fully agree on the 0W-40 Josh. Added you to the list!

Nina & Dugan
Bill
Dave
Patrick
Phil & Melody
Randy
Janni & Henry
Fred
Mike, Terri, & Family
Craig
Josh
Brian

P.S. If any others plan to bring their spouse or guest, please let us know for the dinner planning.

braunstein82
03-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Was a tough decision between this and tilted kilt. But I will be there. If possible I need to install my ipsco pulley and bracket and have no idea how to.

1) all
2)1998
3)D, and ps bracket/pulley if possible
4) Yes

DaveW
03-10-2015, 05:34 AM
Was a tough decision between this and tilted kilt. But I will be there. If possible I need to install my ipsco pulley and bracket and have no idea how to.

1) all
2)1998
3)D, and ps bracket/pulley if possible
4) Yes
Hey, Matt. As a suggestion, you might want to consider picking up a remanufactured ps pump as a backup. If there's any problem with removing the old pulley from your existing pump, it will be $50 well spent and you'll be right back on the road. Take it back if you don't use it.

Brian GTS
03-10-2015, 09:05 AM
2 more!

Nina & Dugan
Bill
Dave
Patrick
Phil & Melody
Randy
Janni & Henry
Fred
Mike, Terri, & Family
Craig
Josh
Matt
Angela & Stuart
Brian

SSNEAKN
03-10-2015, 09:17 AM
2 more!

Nina & Dugan
Bill
Dave
Patrick
Phil & Melody
Randy
Janni & Henry
Fred
Mike, Terri, & Family
Craig
Josh
Matt
Angela & Guest
Brian

This is Angela :) And the guest would be the hubby Stuart :) Can't wait! My first offical non-GM anything LOL

Pray for good weather yall!

Brian GTS
03-10-2015, 09:34 AM
This is Angela :) And the guest would be the hubby Stuart :) Can't wait! My first offical non-GM anything LOL

Pray for good weather yall!

Non-GM....LOL! Changed "guest" to Stuart! Looking forward to meeting you and Stuart!

CarolinaViper
03-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Brian,

Myself and son-in-law
1. 1
2. 2004
3. O & T
4 Y

Thx

C.J
03-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Hey, Matt. As a suggestion, you might want to consider picking up a remanufactured ps pump as a backup. If there's any problem with removing the old pulley from your existing pump, it will be $50 well spent and you'll be right back on the road. Take it back if you don't use it.

Brilliant idea! I'll bring my pulley remover too and a breaker bar.

Brian GTS
03-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Brilliant idea! I'll bring my pulley remover too and a breaker bar.

Craig, next time you are by Costco, can you pick up some of those disposable towels like you did last year? Pick up a bunch of those boxes and whatever we don't use, I'll buy them....love those things. I already have plastic to put on the floor as we did last year. Thanks!

SSNEAKN
03-10-2015, 09:28 PM
If there is anything we can bring, we would be glad to :)

braunstein82
03-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Is there a certain place you recommend that would have them for that price?

DaveW
03-11-2015, 06:21 AM
$57.39 at Advance Auto, with $30 core charge. Look for coupons and get at least $5 off that. May be cheaper at other locations. It's a common Dodge part, not unique to the Viper.

I had problems removing the original pulley, which shattered in the process. Tom S was able to cut it off the shaft and I retained the original pump. Check out some of the threads under the Gen II forum regarding issues with ps pumps, too. Don't want to see you stranded if there's a problem.

C.J
03-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Craig, next time you are by Costco, can you pick up some of those disposable towels like you did last year? Pick up a bunch of those boxes and whatever we don't use, I'll buy them....love those things. I already have plastic to put on the floor as we did last year. Thanks!

Will do. How are we set for nitril gloves? I can get a box while I'm there too.

C.J
03-11-2015, 01:43 PM
$57.39 at Advance Auto, with $30 core charge. Look for coupons and get at least $5 off that. May be cheaper at other locations. It's a common Dodge part, not unique to the Viper.

I had problems removing the original pulley, which shattered in the process. Tom S was able to cut it off the shaft and I retained the original pump. Check out some of the threads under the Gen II forum regarding issues with ps pumps, too. Don't want to see you stranded if there's a problem.

Personally, I'd rather get a NAPA reman pump. Whatever you get, make sure it has a lifetime warranty.

Brian GTS
03-11-2015, 02:01 PM

Sure, a couple boxes of those too. Thanks!

DaveW
03-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Personally, I'd rather get a NAPA reman pump. Whatever you get, make sure it has a lifetime warranty.
$51.75, on sale, with $50 core charge at NAPA. $46.99 at O'Reilly's with $30 core charge. I got too much time on my hands :o

DNRossi
03-11-2015, 04:26 PM

You could call Al at Capital Dodge in Garner and see if he can still find a Mopar one. They are a site sponsor, he will be at the event selling parts and he gives discounts to club members. You can beat OEM parts with OEM warranties for the right price.

Dugan

C.J
03-11-2015, 05:50 PM
You could call Al at Capital Dodge in Garner and see if he can still find a Mopar one. They are a site sponsor, he will be at the event selling parts and he gives discounts to club members. You can beat OEM parts with OEM warranties for the right price.

Dugan

Good point Dugan. Matt, you may want to check on the return policy at Capital CJD too in case the old pulley comes off cleanly.

hmerrittiii
03-11-2015, 05:53 PM
If you want I will get on my Napa account and donate let me know.

Brian GTS
03-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Updated List....16 cars!

Nina & Dugan
Bill
Dave
Patrick
Phil & Melody
Randy
Janni & Henry
Fred
Mike, Terri, & Family
Craig
Josh
Matt
Angela & Stuart
Hap & Heidi
Jeff & Son-in-law
Brian

Next Phase
03-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Hey Brian,

I'll be there for the maintenance day... I'm up to date, but I can help with fluid changes.

Not sure about the detail clinic, but will try to make it to dinner w/ the wife.

C.J
03-11-2015, 09:14 PM
If you want I will get on my Napa account and donate let me know.

Thank for the offer Hap, it is very generous of you to buy the shop towels and nitril gloves for this event!

I'm looking forward to seeing you work your magic on Bill's Viper.

Brian GTS
03-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Hey Brian,

I'll be there for the maintenance day... I'm up to date, but I can help with fluid changes.

Not sure about the detail clinic, but will try to make it to dinner w/ the wife.

Cool! Your added Marko....17 cars!

Nina & Dugan
Bill
Dave
Patrick
Phil & Melody
Randy
Janni & Henry
Fred
Mike, Terri, & Family
Craig
Josh
Matt
Angela & Stuart
Hap & Heidi
Jeff & Son-in-law
Marko & Danielle
Brian

Brian GTS
03-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Okay guys, here's the list for the maintenance tasks to be performed. Please let me know of any corrections:

Members requiring maintenance:

Bill - OIL / 2008
Dave - OIL / 2000
Phil & Melody - ALL FLUIDS / 1998
Randy - ALL FLUIDS / 1997
Fred - ALL FLUIDS / 2008
Josh - OIL, DIFF, CLUTCH, TRANNY / 2001
Matt - DIFF / 1998
Angela & Stuart - OIL / 2014
Jeff & Son-in-law - OIL, TRANNY / 2004

Other members attending, but not requiring maintenance:

Nina & Dugan
Patrick
Janni & Henry
Mike, Terri, & Family
Al
Craig
Donna
Hap & Heidi
Marko & Danielle
John
Brian & Janelle

hmerrittiii
03-17-2015, 10:19 AM
FYI, I have an aggressive wholesale account with NAPA auto parts if anybody needs anything for the event Sat, they will deliver to Brian's house including Sat. So just let me know. I am not trying step on Capital's toes I am just putting it out there for the members. In addition, if anyone needs there windows tinted Saturday we offer that service with full ceramic available just PM me. We have great reviews on Google and my tinter is a pro. see www.northridgeautospa.com

SSNEAKN
03-17-2015, 12:20 PM
FYI, I have an aggressive wholesale account with NAPA auto parts if anybody needs anything for the event Sat, they will deliver to Brian's house including Sat. So just let me know. I am not trying step on Capital's toes I am just putting it out there for the members. In addition, if anyone needs there windows tinted Saturday we offer that service with full ceramic available just PM me. We have great reviews on Google and my tinter is a pro. see www.northridgeautospa.com

I am interested in the tint possibly! How long will it take to do it?

Thank you!

hmerrittiii
03-17-2015, 12:29 PM
About an hour to an hour and 1/2, let me know and we will schedule you is that a Gen V

SSNEAKN
03-17-2015, 01:03 PM
About an hour to an hour and 1/2, let me know and we will schedule you is that a Gen V

Yes it is a 2014. How much?

Can we do 30% on front and 20% on rear?

We plan to be there between 9-10am. We are coming from about 3 hours away. We are doing an oil change. Thanks!

CarolinaViper
03-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Mike or Al,

I will call tomorrow but thought I might get an answer tonight. While washing the car this evening I noticed I need new wiper blades for my 2004. Do you have any in stock or could you order some in time for Saturday's event.

Thx

Jeff

Mreeves
03-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Mike or Al,

I will call tomorrow but thought I might get an answer tonight. While washing the car this evening I noticed I need new wiper blades for my 2004. Do you have any in stock or could you order some in time for Saturday's event.

Thx

Jeff

Jeff, just talked to Al and he will have you a pair for Saturday.
See you then.

Mike

CarolinaViper
03-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Its nice to have friends in high places...thanks Al, you to Mike

Next Phase
03-17-2015, 09:34 PM

Hap, can you get me a quote for tint on my Benz?

4 door E-class

Feel free to PM me.

SSNEAKN
03-17-2015, 09:40 PM

Sending you a PM!

braunstein82
03-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Renaming the event:

Get your motor running, car cleaned, pulleys changed, wipers replaced, and windows tinted. Lol

Seriously thou, this was awesome idea for and event. Might have to start doing it twice a year. It's great having so many people willing to help and have members with alot of experience and good connections. Plus what car guy/girl doesn't love to get a group together and work on their cars.

Josrocket
03-20-2015, 12:51 PM
How difficult would it be to do plugs and wires. I have plugs

Next Phase
03-20-2015, 02:12 PM

Josh, it is pretty straight forward... I'm sure there will be plenty of folks that could help out with this.

I'd replace the plug wires at the same time (just make sure you replace one at a time- that's the trick...LOL).

Brian GTS
03-20-2015, 02:29 PM

Should be doable! There will be lots of help as Marko states....and you really won't need the lift to do that.

C.J
03-20-2015, 03:33 PM

You'll need to remove the wiper arms and the cowl cover too so you can reach the coils. Not difficult, just takes a bit of time.

Josrocket
03-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Can the parts guy bring wires for me?

Mreeves
03-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Can the parts guy bring wires for me?

If we have them in stock we can have someone run them up.

Josrocket
03-20-2015, 07:54 PM
Wonderful. Thank you very much :)

Next Phase
03-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Josh,

I have an extra set...brand new, that I haven't installed yet. If Al doesn't have them in stock you are welcome to them... Unfortunately, I don't remember what I paid for them.

Also, I bought 40 qts of Mobil 1(0W40) in the chance someone wasn't able to pick some up.

Brian GTS
03-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Sounds awesome!!! We'll see you all n the morning!!!

SSNEAKN
03-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Sounds awesome!!! We'll see you all n the morning!!!

Can you post the physical address of the church? Thanks!

Brian GTS
03-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Can you post the physical address of the church? Thanks!

Emailed to you and Randy (the other member trailering). Safe travels!

DonnaG
03-22-2015, 08:30 AM
Yesterday was a great day! Thanks to Brian and Janelle for hosting maintenance at their house, Hap for the detail clinic and Craig for organizing dinner location. I enjoyed seeing everyone again and meeting new folks. It was great to help with 3 oil changes and to learn from others about maintenance and I picked up some new ideas for keeping not just my Viper clean and looking new. Thanks to everyone.

C.J
03-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Agreed, it was a lot of fun. Brian, thanks to you and J. for hosting and lunch. Having two lifts was just the ticket to get all those Vipers serviced. Many thanks to Al and Mike from Capital CJDR for the support and outstanding service in providing parts and fluids (and saving Bill's bacon with a new Mopar battery) and bringing Big Bertha along again.

Hap, thank you for opening up North Ridge Auto Spa for the detail clinic and correcting several cars. We all learned a lot.

Dinner was great too...a very nice cap to a fun day!

billp
03-22-2015, 11:07 AM
Agreed, it was a lot of fun. Brian, thanks to you and J. for hosting and lunch. Having two lifts was just the ticket to get all those Vipers serviced. Many thanks to Al and Mike from Capital CJDR for the support and outstanding service in providing parts and fluids (and saving Bill's bacon with a new Mopar battery) and bringing Big Bertha along again.

Hap, thank you for opening up North Ridge Auto Spa for the detail clinic and correcting several cars. We all learned a lot.
Dinner was great too...a very nice cap to a fun day!

Well said Craig! I agree, but I must say you get a lot of credit too for working tirelessly on all the cars all day long. Thank you Al for getting me a battery last minute and having it delivered so quick. Thanks Hap for taking the blemishes out of my paint, the special "sauce" did the trick! Thanks to Melody for the luscious slice of strawberry cake that I brought home for Elaine to enjoy and last but not least, a big "THANK YOU" to Brian & Janelle

CarolinaViper
03-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Kudos to everyone who put the event together. Janelle thanks for making Katlyn feel right at home...she enjoyed herself so much that she wants to come back this Friday and play with the girls when she spends the night with us again. There is nothing better than driving in a Viper with your granddaughter for three plus hours...to bad the CD was working she only wanted to listen to Britney Spears.9668 6 AM came early for Katlyn, at least on the way home, I was able to listen to some real music. Again, had a great time, met some great people and can't wait till ToD...Instead of Britney Spears it will be Bon Jovi as Donna's a big fan.

SSNEAKN
03-22-2015, 12:54 PM
We had a wonderful time with everyone! Special thanks to Brian and the incredible hospitality! We look forward to seeing everyone again soon! Thanks for a great day! It was so great to finally see the sunshine as well :)

PatrickB
03-22-2015, 01:20 PM
Had a great time as always - I'll add my thanks to Brian and Janelle for hosting us at their beautiful home and for lunch, to Craig, Dugan, and everyone else who tirelessly worked on the cars, to Mike, Al and the Capital Chrysler team for parts assistance, to Hap and Heidi for hosting us at their auto spa, to Nantucket Grill for the delicious dinner and cake, and also to Dave who let me hitch a ride for the day. It was pretty unique to ride as a Viper passenger as opposed to driving; sorry to say that I wasn't Dave's good luck charm for Viper mishaps but I can say we ALMOST made it back to Dave's house (7 miles away) without incident.. :D

It was great to meet some new faces and make some new friends - hope to see everyone soon!

Brian GTS
03-22-2015, 01:57 PM
I didn't think we could top last year, but I think we did! Craig and Dugan were instrumental to enable us to crank out all the cars we did. Every time I think of Dugan, I have an image implanted in my memory of a Viper over his head. :) Thanks to both of you guys....Craig for the donuts and coffee...and planning our dinner, Mike, Al, and the crew at Capital CDJR for ALL they bring to the table (WOW!), Hap & Heidi for allowing us to hang out at their detail shop on a very busy day....and for donating some shop supplies too! We are also grateful to all of the members that participate to make events like this a success. Angela, Stuart, Jeff, Dave, Patrick, Fred, and Josh are among those that spent many hours on the road to join us...some rolling out of bed at 4:30am just to make the drive here! Way to go Carolinas VOA!

I have a bunch of pics that I will try to get uploaded tonight. Still on a Viper high today. :)

DaveW
03-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Sorry to say that I wasn't Dave's good luck charm for Viper mishaps but I can say we ALMOST made it back to Dave's house (7 miles away) without incident.. :D

Alas... Brian, unless you got some pull with the Big Guy, no amount of security is gonna help my poor baby. 7 miles from home, an SUV in the left lane ahead must of tossed out a soft drink bottle directly in my path of travel. It bounced, hit the front, BLAM! I looked at Patrick, said a few choice words, and we both had a good laugh. Got to my house and I determined Patrick must have been my good luck charm because there was no damage to the front fascia. But at least NOW I have a witness to this stuff!

I want to thank everyone already mentioned for another wonderful day of events, but especially Donna and the young man assisting her (sorry, I forgot his name :confused: ), who jumped right in and changed my oil for me so I wouldn't dirty my nails or bang my head on the lift...:o

Long live Carolinas VOA!!!

ACR PHIL
03-22-2015, 04:58 PM
What a Great day. Thanks Brian & Janelle for hosting. Beautiful home and Garages are unreal. Thanks Dugan And Craig for helping with my Viper. Learned a lot. Thanks. Mike and Al you provided a great service. Thanks for getting all the right fluids and even a battery for Bill. Hap Loved your auto spa. What a great place. Melody loved Soapie. Dinner was great. Dave had his high beam lights on all the way home. Or least it seemed liked it. Buts that's ok. Also loved Freds Hellcat. Nice. Melody and I
hope to see you all again soon.

DaveW
03-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Dave had his high beam lights on all the way home. Or least it seemed liked it. Buts that's ok. Also loved Freds Hellcat. Nice. Melody and I
hope to see you all again soon.
Yeah, I did. Took about 90 miles before I realized everybody got out of my way. Must be old age. Must have been why the guy threw out his bottle at me...:saw:

Janni
03-22-2015, 07:03 PM
What a great event.

EVERYONE did such great job - Craig, Brian and Janelle, Dugan, Mike, Al, Hap, everyone - and I am sure I missed more folks.

It's an honor to know all of you - and I had a BLAST!!!!

Mreeves
03-22-2015, 08:03 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the cars bring us together, the people keep us together. I love our Viper family!!!!

Brian GTS
03-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Here are some pics of the maintenance portion....detail day is next.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5399_zpsyrzq0ada.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5400_zpszt7ny4n5.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5404_zpsnnrlvguo.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5407_zpsetv1idc4.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5414_zps9ptyrymi.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5426_zps07h5tujz.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5341_zpsorgpce76.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5360_zpskgfqffny.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5365_zpsmktguy7z.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5367_zpsvwbvmm9e.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5368_zpstdonp4my.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5370_zpsono7qgr4.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5375_zpse5hnsdk0.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5377_zps6a7tg3o3.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5380_zpstbejkx2c.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5393_zpsdx61zzgu.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5396_zpsdrp7nwy6.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5437_zpsyta8tw9v.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5441_zpsybrfzzdj.jpg

Stretch
03-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Looks like a great event! Wish I lived closer so I could have attended!!

Brian GTS
03-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Detail & Dinner!

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5462_zpsnezkxhof.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5463_zpsw3blgnsg.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5452_zpsc0grtigf.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5454_zpstqzeqmtk.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5476_zpsohy0yrci.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5470_zpstuycdbxy.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5478_zpshm9ploc6.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5486_zpsxwht981w.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5485_zpsrlbv7eza.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5489_zpsymaeorvn.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5483_zpsiuijxwrv.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5484_zps6fkmfjcq.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5482_zps6ztoox5k.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/Get%20Your%20Motor%20Running%202/1024_IMG_5481_zpsqvnluasv.jpg

C.J
03-22-2015, 09:36 PM
... for the donuts and coffee...

Donna and I were happy to provide the breakfast goodies. Daylight Donuts are awesome!

C.J
03-22-2015, 09:41 PM
...I want to thank everyone already mentioned for another wonderful day of events, but especially Donna and the young man assisting her (sorry, I forgot his name :confused: ), who jumped right in and changed my oil for me ...

That was Andrew...nice kid.

Sorry to hear about the bottle...at least they weren't drinking a 40 out of glass bottle.. ;)

C.J
03-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Brian, great photos!

No hemi
03-23-2015, 08:08 AM
sure looks like it was a fun time, hopefully i'll be able to attend next year, it was just a busy weekend for me, hope to see you all soon.:car-smiley-003:

mendler23
03-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Hate that I missed it. Miss hanging with everyone! I'll get out to something this year, promise

PatrickB
03-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Hate that I missed it. Miss hanging with everyone! I'll get out to something this year, promise

There's a dragon that needs to be tamed...........

revived-gearhead
03-24-2015, 05:51 AM
Wow! Awesome club participation. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet everyone. Great pictures.

busterbrown
03-24-2015, 08:19 AM
I would like to take this time to thank every one for a super time. I felt welcome and a real warmth even if it was 40 degrees out!!

Thanks for having me and hope to see you all again soon.

Fred

Brian GTS
03-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Wow! Awesome club participation. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet everyone. Great pictures.

That's okay....maybe next time. Wilmington coming up in May and the infamous Tail of the Dragon. Are you able to attend the Dragon maybe? There is going to be a slew of us there!

I would like to take this time to thank every one for a super time. I felt welcome and a real warmth even if it was 40 degrees out!!

Thanks for having me and hope to see you all again soon.

Fred

Great to meet you too Fred.....and keep it under 100 in that Hellcat. :)

revived-gearhead
03-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Hoping to pull the trigger this week on the T. O. Dragon. An obligation in Texas may screw things up. Should know soon.