PDA

View Full Version : Western Canada Events for 2015

Baked
03-06-2015, 02:00 PM
With spring coming near, it's that time again to start figuring out events for the season.

Does anyone have any possible ideas for an Alberta event, possibly in September? I know Jasper always seems to show up on the list, other potential drives could be around the Banff and the Kananaskis areas.

If anyone has thoughts, please feel free to discuss them and if you are willing to help organize the event, that would be great.

Thanks.

supersnake
03-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Where are you Located? I am from Red Deer and we do runs all the time in the area if you are close.

Baked
03-11-2015, 09:57 AM
I'm in Calgary. Thanks for the note, I'll keep that in mind.
We are more looking for a tentative schedule of larger VOA member events to happen in 2015. There is usually a couple in BC and it would be nice to get one in AB again. A couple years ago we did the Drumheller event which turned out great. I believe the year after that was a Jasper event.
Just trying to gauge interest in what to do and if anyone would be interested in helping to plan it.

Redx
03-11-2015, 10:44 AM
I'm in for a few events this summer! Prefer to stay in AB.

supersnake
03-13-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm in Calgary. Thanks for the note, I'll keep that in mind.
We are more looking for a tentative schedule of larger VOA member events to happen in 2015. There is usually a couple in BC and it would be nice to get one in AB again. A couple years ago we did the Drumheller event which turned out great. I believe the year after that was a Jasper event.
Just trying to gauge interest in what to do and if anyone would be interested in helping to plan it.
Actually the Jasper event was in 2007 and the Drumheller event was great as we were there also. Hopefully we can get another major event in Alberta again.

PaulP
03-14-2015, 12:18 AM
jasper maybe again? so us BC guys can make it

Turk
03-15-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm in for any Alberta event. On a side note I would love to go back to Nelson this year, that was a great event the last time we were there.

Srt10
04-16-2015, 01:28 AM
i would be down for a event in or close to bc. surprised there is not any events posted for bc and alberta on the callender. everything is ontario.

Viktimize
04-16-2015, 12:46 PM
i would be down for a event in or close to bc. surprised there is not any events posted for bc and alberta on the callender. everything is ontario.

If you become a member you will start getting the emails with invites to all the Western Canada events. There is going to be a nice Banff/Canmore/Jasper cruise August long weekend. Going back to Nelson, BC for the car show in September. And June and July have some tentative BC events coming together. It would be great to see some more cars come out.

https://driveviper.com/join/join.php

Vippy 4
04-21-2015, 11:24 PM
I just posted the confirmed Western Canada Viper Events on the National Schedule; the information was emailed to all the members April 12th; here's an update;

May 15th to 18th Victoria Day Weekend “ Okanagan”

Vipers return to the Okanagan Valley for the weekend; Friday night meet and great at one of our favourite eateries; 19 Bar and Grill in West Kelowna has been our haunt over the past several years we are treated very well; special parking privileges and the food and drinks are great; Saturday we head out after breakfast for a cruise down south thru some back county roads; give the cars a little exercise; then lunch at a local winery; stop over at some wineries of choice for tasting and enjoying the Wine Country spirit. Back to Kelowna for the evening; a backyard barbecue may be in order depends on the weather. On Sunday the Vipers converge at the annual Peachland World of Wheels car show; as in the past we have a special place “The Snake Pit” reserved for the cars; enjoy the crowd, camaraderie of the members and beautiful beach front atmosphere for the day.

Accommodation recommended in West Kelowna; Best Western: www.bestwesternwinecountry.com; right next door to the 19 Bar and Grill; Holiday Inn: www.holidayinnwestkelowna.com; near the Chevron where we meet Saturday morning.

August 1st to 3rd Civic Holiday Weekend “Banff/Jasper”

Note; the volume of traffic from Alberta heading West for this weekend is pretty hectic; those heading east should be in better shape; however if you can extend the weekend it may be worthwhile; something to consider.

I have booked 6 rooms for Saturday and Sunday at the host hotels under my name; please call me before you make a reservation.

Vipers head to Banff/Jasper for a long weekend cruise event; out of town members may want to book a room in Banff/Canmore for the Friday night July 31st to be ready for the Saturday activities; Saturday morning after breakfast the Vipers meet to head out on a cruise to Radium Hot Springs; stop for lunch at the Horsethief Creek Pub; after lunch head back to Banff; tour the downtown core with the cars; continue thru to Canmore; check into the Host Hotel “ Coast Canmore Hotel and Conference Centre” meet up later in the day for a meet and greet meal at one of the local establishments in Canmore; Grizzly Paw Pub and Brewing down the street from Hotel or other??

Sunday morning meet up after breakfast; Vipers fueled up and ready to go by 9:00 – 9:30 AM; the Esso Station on Bow Valley just north of the Hotel has a Tim Hortons as well; head northwest out of Banff/Canmore on Highway No.1 to the Lake Louise turn off onto Highway 93 through to Jasper; the trip is 4 hours one way; plenty of time for photos etc., stop along the way at Saskatchewan Crossing; junction Highway 11 for a break and snack and coffee; continue on to Jasper; tour the downtown area with cars; check into the Host Hotel “ Best Western Jasper Inn and Suites”; head downtown for the dinner and drinks; Earls Restaurant if we can get reservations.

Monday morning after breakfast we fuel up and head for home or other destinations.

September 11th to 13th Queen City Cruise “Nelson BC”

Sounds like some members want to return to the Queen City for the weekend; we have attended this event several times in the past and it is always enjoyable; the weather in September at Kootenay Lake, Nelson is typically warm and dry; the local club that sponsors the event welcomes the Viper Club; we usually get a good spot to park together on the Main Street. Lots of activities all weekend most you walk to from the accommodation. The City is packed this weekend so if you want to attend please book ASAP with a cancellation policy; best bets are the Best Western Plus on Baker Street or the Prestige Lakeside Resort.

Matt M has taken on the coordination of this event and has confirmed the following;

I talked with the manager at Prestige Lakeside Resort in Nelson, and have setup a group rate for the Viper's Owners Association. Here is the pricing that they gave me:

Mountain View (Queen/King/Twin Queen): $229.95+tax
Lake View (Queen/King/Twin Queen): $279.95+tax

It looks to be about a $40 savings per night.

The group rate is valid for 2 nights. Arriving on the Friday (September 11), and leaving on the Sunday (September 13).

I set it up for a total of 6 rooms. The rooms need to be booked by July 11, after that they get released back to the public.

Here is my thoughts on the itinerary:

Friday- everyone arrives, go for dinner in town (maybe the Hume Hotel since it's walking distance from our hotel)
Saturday- get up early to get a good spot at the car show
Saturday Night - Make reservations at West Coast Grill (Restaurant at the Hotel). After dinner head to the Roof Top Dance at the Parkade (buy advance tickets, always sells out)
Sunday - Wake up after a fun night (with no hangover) and drive home

June and July are still open for Viper Events; please do not hesitate to send your suggestions; all will be considered!!

Don't hesitate make a commitment and join fellow members this year's events.

Cheers,

Jim

RTTTTed
06-02-2015, 08:34 PM
If anyone is interested we did probably a half dozen drag nights at Prince George last summer. Street drags so it's pretty casual.

I ran mid 11 after driving 7 hours to get there with my Roe Viper.

Joel managed a few 10.0 ETs at 140mph.

Paul ran 12.6 in his (at that time) stock Gen 3 SRT.

An RSI TT 1500 was running on drag radials and wemnt between 11.3 and 11.7.

I just got home from Spokane to end 2nd fastest street car with my TT Viper (9.3@163mph).

If you like spanking vettes then you should follow me. I usually beat 45 vettes at the www.sscc.us events. I beat probably 18 vettes (including 3 1000+whp vettes) at Spokane last weekend. At the Prince George drags there was 3 blown vettes, a couple blown mustangs and one or two supercharged Caddys that I beat by a half second and more.

Ted

Asp Man
06-06-2015, 11:09 PM
If anyone is interested we did probably a half dozen drag nights at Prince George last summer. Street drags so it's pretty casual.

I ran mid 11 after driving 7 hours to get there with my Roe Viper.

Joel managed a few 10.0 ETs at 140mph.

Paul ran 12.6 in his (at that time) stock Gen 3 SRT.

An RSI TT 1500 was running on drag radials and wemnt between 11.3 and 11.7.

I just got home from Spokane to end 2nd fastest street car with my TT Viper (9.3@163mph).

If you like spanking vettes then you should follow me. I usually beat 45 vettes at the www.sscc.us events. I beat probably 18 vettes (including 3 1000+whp vettes) at Spokane last weekend. At the Prince George drags there was 3 blown vettes, a couple blown mustangs and one or two supercharged Caddys that I beat by a half second and more.

Ted

Are you willing to plan an event, then? Set up hotel, schedule event/driving tour, meals, etc.? Build it and they will come.

All Blue ACR
06-08-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm in for a few events this summer! Prefer to stay in AB.

ditto

n49
06-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Any events in the works??

Viktimize
06-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Events aside, if anybody in Edmonton area is free this weekend, we should meet up for a quick cruise and some grub somewhere. I'm off work for 2 weeks and should be getting the car out and about. Maybe a quick rip south somewhere and meet with some red deer guys for lunch?

Redx
06-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Events aside, if anybody in Edmonton area is free this weekend, we should meet up for a quick cruise and some grub somewhere. I'm off work for 2 weeks and should be getting the car out and about. Maybe a quick rip south somewhere and meet with some red deer guys for lunch?

gone this weekend, what about the one after?

Viktimize
06-11-2015, 01:24 PM
gone this weekend, what about the one after?

I'm free then too, assuming nobody confirms a club event for that weekend.

Turk
06-11-2015, 01:42 PM
If I'm not working this weekend I'm up for a cruise. I'll know for sure tomorrow night.

Chorps
06-12-2015, 12:32 AM
I think Ron was looking to get together tomorrow evening.

Viktimize
06-12-2015, 08:49 AM
If I'm not working this weekend I'm up for a cruise. I'll know for sure tomorrow night.

Let me know. I still gotta check out that new Gen2 of yours.

I think Ron was looking to get together tomorrow evening.

If something happens it'd be great if someone could update for it here. I dumped Facebook forever ago, so I don't see any events posted on the page there.

Vippy 4
06-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Hey Guys,

I am hauling my Hennessey 650R up to Banff on July 1st; to date I have met with Ron, Grant, Louie, and last weekend had a ride in Calgary with Ralph W; in his 2008 ACR Convertible; yes they made one; once I get my Viper in Alberta I would be into a cruise on Sundays my only day off. Red Deer would be the best location for me to meet.

Vippy 4
06-12-2015, 09:44 PM
I did not want to post 3 of the same; just not familiar with protocol; comes for working 70 hours per week.

Hope to see some of the Alberta group in July; as well as the August long weekend in Banff.

Cheers,

Jim

Turk
06-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Let me know. I still gotta check out that new Gen2 of yours.

If something happens it'd be great if someone could update for it here. I dumped Facebook forever ago, so I don't see any events posted on the page there.

I'm not working today, so I'm up for a cruise. Although it looks like the weather will crappy.

Viktimize
06-13-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm not working today, so I'm up for a cruise. Although it looks like the weather will crappy.

I got called in myself. Worked a 16 yesterday too. Seems like this whole weekend is a write off due to rain. I'm off next one too though. Actually after Sunday night I am off straight through.

Redx
06-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Who is all doing the Banff/jasper trip? I'm all booked in at both hotels!

supersnake
06-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Myself and Ron are also booked

RTTTTed
06-17-2015, 04:48 PM
No one interested in Friday night drags on PG?

Turk
06-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Who is all doing the Banff/jasper trip? I'm all booked in at both hotels!
I'm going. Just got to book my hotel

Redx
06-18-2015, 01:26 PM
I'm going. Just got to book my hotel

Sounds good, I'm going Friday afternoon and staying the night if anyone wants to cruise down from Edmonton(or red deer)

supersnake
06-18-2015, 04:07 PM
We will be going down Friday as well from Red Deer

Fireball36
06-18-2015, 07:09 PM
I did almost this exact trip on Monday on one of my motorcycles. I rode from Calgary to the Columbia Icefields and back. Be prepared for road construction on Hwy 93 (it's smooth and no gravel - just repaving but the road may be closed down to one lane) and fairly heavy traffic. They're also doing a park pass check right after the turn north on Hwy 93, they have a permanent facility set up there and they've been using it a fair bit lately. Just make sure you have a park pass.

For those that haven't been, the Icefield Parkway is one of the most beautiful drives in the world. I've been to 106 countries and I rank it as the second most beautiful place I've been. It's wonderful. Go.

Have fun.

Greg

Turk
06-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Be prepared for road construction on Hwy 93 (it's smooth and no gravel - just repaving but the road may be closed down to one lane) and fairly heavy traffic.

One thing we have going for us is that the President of the Western Canada Club is also the main man for the road construction in the parks, so he will make sure the roads are finished before we go.

Viktimize
06-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Sounds good, I'm going Friday afternoon and staying the night if anyone wants to cruise down from Edmonton(or red deer)

I will be leaving Friday afternoon as well. Be great to all meet up and head out together.

n49
07-05-2015, 10:07 AM
No one interested in Friday night drags on PG?

You organizing a club event around the drags in PG? Which car you racing?

Vippy 4
07-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Hey Guys;

Very pleased to see we have some interest in the Banff to Jasper event; bring your cameras, as Greg noted the Icefield Parkway is one of the most scenic cruises in the world; it is my pleasure to guide you thru. I have some special treats in store for Saturday! No paving interruptions from Friday thru Tuesday!! By the way that is not the treat.

I am hauling my Hennessey 650R to Red Deer this weekend; want to rip around in the afternoon; July 19th., weather permitting. We will be starting off from there on Friday afternoon July 31st; maybe we can arrange a Viper convoy to Canmore. Please give me a call 250 317 6085 to discuss.

Everything is looking good; I have one more room in Jasper reserved until the 25th July, for late comers; first come first served.

Look forward to spending some quality time with the crew.

Cheers,

Jim

Viktimize
07-15-2015, 12:11 AM
Hey Guys;

Very pleased to see we have some interest in the Banff to Jasper event; bring your cameras, as Greg noted the Icefield Parkway is one of the most scenic cruises in the world; it is my pleasure to guide you thru. I have some special treats in store for Saturday! No paving interruptions from Friday thru Tuesday!! By the way that is not the treat.

I am hauling my Hennessey 650R to Red Deer this weekend; want to rip around in the afternoon; July 19th., weather permitting. We will be starting off from there on Friday afternoon July 31st; maybe we can arrange a Viper convoy to Canmore. Please give me a call 250 317 6085 to discuss.

Everything is looking good; I have one more room in Jasper reserved until the 25th July, for late comers; first come first served.

Look forward to spending some quality time with the crew.

Cheers,

Jim

I put the word out to the guy that bought my last car, but he is out of town already that weekend. I am off work this weekend, I'll see if Matt wants to go for a rip and we can meet up with you in Red Deer if you're free. Maybe a few Red Deer guys will be around too? Haven't seen Ron in forever.

Redx
07-15-2015, 12:55 AM
Any plans yet for the convoy to leave Edmonton on the 31st?

Viktimize
07-15-2015, 09:29 PM
Any plans yet for the convoy to leave Edmonton on the 31st?

Meet up and head out.................... lol I don't know, I thought we kind of settled on leaving around noon time or so? I'm in Leduc, so I can just catch you guys on your way out of Edmonton, or just pop into town and all meet up on the south end somewhere to leave together.

Redx
07-16-2015, 12:30 AM
Meet up and head out.................... lol I don't know, I thought we kind of settled on leaving around noon time or so? I'm in Leduc, so I can just catch you guys on your way out of Edmonton, or just pop into town and all meet up on the south end somewhere to leave together.
Sounds good, any guys from red deer want to meet up at 2 ish and leave from there?

Vippy 4
07-21-2015, 10:53 PM
We are arriving in Red Deer around lunch on Friday July 31st; good place to meet would be the Petro Can Station at Gasoline Alley; lots of food outlets there for lunch as well; had a burger at Fat-Burger last Sunday very tasty.

If we leave at 2:00 to 2:30 we should be in Canmore by 5:00 perfect for the check in at the Coast; there is a car wash directly across the street for bug removal.

See you all on the 31st., call or text me at 250 317 6085 if you need instructions.

Cheers,

Jim

Viktimize
07-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Sounds like us Edmonton guys should head out around 10:30-11am.

Redx
07-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Sounds like us Edmonton guys should head out around 10:30-11am.

dually noted, meet in leduc(since you are already there) @10:30 and head out. Where is a good place to meet there?

supersnake
07-22-2015, 04:03 PM
I won't know until later on next week if I can get away to convoy with you guys. Might have to come down later

Viktimize
07-22-2015, 07:04 PM
dually noted, meet in leduc(since you are already there) @10:30 and head out. Where is a good place to meet there?

Matt and I just meet at the Shell on discovery way usually.

Turk
08-03-2015, 06:57 PM
A couple pictures from this weekend.
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p733/matt_mcturk/P1010763_zpsqsugqrts.jpg
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p733/matt_mcturk/P1010804_zpsbs8mzue7.jpg

Viktimize
08-09-2015, 07:56 AM
I have a couple as well

Vippy 4
08-09-2015, 10:38 AM
I hope everyone enjoyed the event; the weather was fabulous, thanks for making the effort.

I will bring a flash drive up to the next meet in Red Deer to get the photos for the website.

Maurice L. asked if we are up to hosting an International " Bucket List" event in 2017 in the Rockies, what do you guys think can we pull it off?

Next Viper Club event Queen City Cruise in Nelson; I have been there 3 times in the past, always a great event, Nelson rolls out the red carpet.

Cheers,

Jim

Redx
08-09-2015, 04:15 PM
I hope everyone enjoyed the event; the weather was fabulous, thanks for making the effort.

I will bring a flash drive up to the next meet in Red Deer to get the photos for the website.

Maurice L. asked if we are up to hosting an International " Bucket List" event in 2017 in the Rockies, what do you guys think can we pull it off?

Next Viper Club event Queen City Cruise in Nelson; I have been there 3 times in the past, always a great event, Nelson rolls out the red carpet.

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks for organizing the event Jim, it was a pleasure meeting everyone and making new friends. I will not make the nelson event due to prior engagements, however i will try and make a few 2016 events.

-Greg

Turk
08-10-2015, 10:58 PM

Cheers,

Jim

Let me know the next time you are in Red Deer and I will try to make it down and give you my pictures. I definetely think we can pull off the best Bucket List event, and if you need any help, I'm in.

Turk
08-14-2015, 10:36 PM
Figured I would add this video for those that were on the Jasper trip. Somewhere out there we are in someone's wedding photos.

https://youtu.be/8giWsapL8-o

RTTTTed
08-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Glad you guys had fun! My Sapphire GTS was hit by a Deer back in May while trying to win some trophies at SSCC.us in Vegas. I had to change bodyshops as the one in Williams Lake wasn`t good enough to listen when I told him I needed a new hood. It might be finished in two weeks. I towed it 700miles to make certain that the repair would improve the car instead of it being a `repaired`Viper. New paint and all new parts! Had to reach into my wallet (thanks ICBC(.

My TT was 2nd fastest at Spokane in June and 3rd fastest at Bremerton in July. I`ve been upgrading to run Bonneville and do some serious ass kickin in the Half and Mile events. Wrapping the hot pipes and upgrading to an air/water Intercooler system I found that my passenger side Turbo had a smashed compressor wheel. I`m rebuilding my old turbo since finding out that the new repacement is different and doesn`t fit. Car runs 9s on pump gas setting. Next week for turbo.

Sorry I missed the Jasper event. Paul Powar has run the Prince George Friday night drags twice and managed 11.7at123mph (Figure a half second quicker at any other drag strip LOL).

I have been working hard and buying a lot of parts for my cars this summer. Recently I was attempting to compete in the `World`s Fastest half mile` race in Oregon. Faster than Texas Invitational! Too bad the NEW turbo I bought was the wrong one. I won`t be competeing this upcoming weekend because my car won`t be ready until NEXT week.

Viktimize
08-18-2015, 08:49 AM

Cheers,

Jim

Count me in if you want to get together and brain storm some ideas for a bucket list event. Just make sure it isn't on the same weekend as my wedding and I'll be there.

n49
08-21-2015, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=RTTTTed; I towed it 700miles to make certain that the repair would improve the car instead of it being a `repaired`Viper. New paint and all new parts! Had to reach into my wallet (thanks ICBC(..[/QUOTE]

It will still have a repair history with ICBC. Any buyer of the car can get this information. If the claim is over a certain amount, you have to declare that on the transfer forms. (on a Viper I am sure the damage will be over that limit?)