PDA

View Full Version : WD40 to detail...

Dajerseyviper
02-27-2015, 07:48 PM
I used WD40 to remove the mild oxidation on the top of my gen 2 manifold as well as clean the rest of the manifold. I used some scotchbrite pads to do the metal surface and a microfiber to do the painted portion. But the WD40 makes an awesome cleaner and brings the luster back to the manifold..Before picture and the middle fin is an after cleaning with the WD40 and scotchbrite.

Ripper
02-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Great job!

WD40 has some magical detailing ingredients in it. Use it often and with great success

Dajerseyviper
02-27-2015, 09:57 PM
I heard it actually has fish oil in it..LOL

CHAP
02-28-2015, 07:47 AM

So it's a good source of Omega3...LOL

Fatboy 18
02-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Its brilliant for removing tar spots off paintwork too ;)

Bugman Jeff
03-01-2015, 10:04 AM
There's nothing magic about it. It's 50% mineral spirits with some light oils making up the rest. No fish oil, so you'll have to find another source for your Omega3s :D
http://www.wd40company.com/files/pdf/sds/mup/wd-40-multi-use-product-aerosol-sds-us-ghs-7-20-14.pdf

Dajerseyviper
03-01-2015, 11:07 AM
There's nothing magic about it. It's 50% mineral spirits with some light oils making up the rest. No fish oil, so you'll have to find another source for your Omega3s :D
http://www.wd40company.com/files/pdf/sds/mup/wd-40-multi-use-product-aerosol-sds-us-ghs-7-20-14.pdf

You mean I have been drinking WD40 all these years for nothing???

AZTVR
03-01-2015, 11:22 AM
You mean I have been drinking WD40 all these years for nothing???

Well, at least it stopped that annoying squeaking noise your knees used to make when you walked !

Vprbite
03-13-2015, 09:36 PM

People say you can use it to catch fish. I have never tried it. I usually stream fish though so bait doesn't work either. It takes lures or flies. Maybe for stocked fish. I love the myths about WD-40. It is however not a myth that when you are between the ages of 12 and 15, everyone will try taking a lighter to the spray of WD-40 and that is Effin dangerous! Puts on a great show too. Whatever you do, don't spray a tennis ball with it, light it on fire and whack it with a racket cause that's just sheer stupidity. I mean, I heard. I wouldn't know personally.

Vprbite
03-13-2015, 09:38 PM
I used WD40 to remove the mild oxidation on the top of my gen 2 manifold as well as clean the rest of the manifold. I used some scotchbrite pads to do the metal surface and a microfiber to do the painted portion. But the WD40 makes an awesome cleaner and brings the luster back to the manifold..Before picture and the middle fin is an after cleaning with the WD40 and scotchbrite.

I don't have my Gen II anymore, sadly, but I would wonder does hitting those rails with a scotchbrite make them more prone to spotting in the future? Or are they already so porous anyway?
Thanks.

Dajerseyviper
03-13-2015, 09:59 PM
I don't have my Gen II anymore, sadly, but I would wonder does hitting those rails with a scotchbrite make them more prone to spotting in the future? Or are they already so porous anyway?
Thanks.
With proper maintenance and cleaning and not driving in the rain and salt, I dont see that being an issue.

Lemay88
03-14-2015, 02:22 PM
I polished them ( and the viper logo and name on the valve cover ) with a regular metal polisher and they became mirror like.

Ben