PDA

View Full Version : Winter projects

pony23
11-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Winter is here for some of us up north. Great time to do work on your car while it is in hibernation for a few months. Any of you guys have some nice stuff planned for your beast?

I am going to do a complete brake rebuild (powder coat calipers, steel braided lines, new fluid, new pads, new rotors) Add in some 3.55 gears. A K&N intake and Xcal for a little more go. Full tune up and change all fluids. Fix the door panels (panel corner chip). Gonna get the console painted. Change the dash lights over to led. If I have some coin left over, a gen4 hood and some wheels will also be coming.

F2V
11-22-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm taking mine to Florida after the holidays for the winter, and drive the hell out of it...on some real roads!

J TNT
11-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Upgrading to mcs suspension, 3.55 gears with wavetrac posi , upgrade half shafts , replace oil lines and fuel filter .
Doing the work yourself priceless :)

viperr
11-22-2013, 04:10 PM
I am planning to put roller rockers on my 99 RT-10 Eventually I plan to get the heads done, but I have to fill my piggy bank a bit fuller.

SSGNRDZ_28
11-22-2013, 05:07 PM
For my car a gen V intake and catch can...

For gen IV and V cars I hope to be completing development on some new products and make them available to other owners before the spring.

BlknBlu
11-22-2013, 05:43 PM
gulp. i am starting mine once a month till May.

Bruce

St.Char
11-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Winter is here for some of us up north. Great time to do work on your car while it is in hibernation for a few months. Any of you guys have some nice stuff planned for your beast?

I am going to do a complete brake rebuild (powder coat calipers, steel braided lines, new fluid, new pads, new rotors) Add in some 3.55 gears. A K&N intake and Xcal for a little more go. Full tune up and change all fluids. Fix the door panels (panel corner chip). Gonna get the console painted. Change the dash lights over to led. If I have some coin left over, a gen4 hood and some wheels will also be coming.

In the middle of this right now, got my rotors in, crossed drilled and slotted, now waiting on my calipers to get here, I did a caliper exchange. Looking at new wheels and tires next. :car-smiley-003:

pony23
11-22-2013, 06:12 PM
In the middle of this right now, got my rotors in, crossed drilled and slotted, now waiting on my calipers to get here, I did a caliper exchange. Looking at new wheels and tires next. :car-smiley-003:

Nice, what color calipers, Red? That's the color I am going with. I bought caliper rebuild kits from Vipair. When they come back from the coater I will put all new seals in them. Where did you go for the caliper exchange?

Ohiotj
11-22-2013, 07:16 PM
I hope to leave my 93 stock save for anything that makes it safe to drive on the road and track. I will be working on my drinking for the better and worse.

Bugman Jeff
11-22-2013, 08:03 PM
My garage isn't heated and is so drafty that my torpedo heater is virtually useless. I'm putting a cover on my car, and that's it :)

LATAMUD
11-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Eurotech rotors, KWV3s shocks, oil cooler lines, McLeod Hydraulic throwout bearing and Twin Disc clutch, diff cooler, ACR wing, Autoform rollbar. I want to upgrade my base Paxton kit if I have the budget. I want to get the DLM tensioner and upgraded heat exchanger.

St.Char
11-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Nice, what color calipers, Red? That's the color I am going with. I bought caliper rebuild kits from Vipair. When they come back from the coater I will put all new seals in them. Where did you go for the caliper exchange?

Sent you a PM!

ViperTony
11-23-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm installing 70mm TB's, high flow airbox, new brakes, rotors, all fluid changes and detailing. Some call it work but I call it hibernation. :witless:

gutterworks129
11-23-2013, 05:27 PM
I am getting ready to replace the clutch and everything that goes with it on my 1996 GTS.