PDA

View Full Version : My first rally: WMWR 2015

Schen
02-22-2015, 07:48 PM
So I did something different to kick off the year. I got together and planned out a trip with my friend Megan (well it was her idea) and we rented a car to go to the Waste Management Winter Rally in Wellsboro, PA. It was pretty fun, except of course for the daunting drive home with snow literally everywhere. Check it out.

Shooting My First Rally Event: WMWR 2015 (http://schen.kinja.com/shooting-my-first-rally-event-wmwr-2015-1687358257)

--RS

viper_eddie
02-23-2015, 09:53 AM
That's pretty cool. I love rallying and it's probably my favorite sport that involves automobiles. Even though I'm a car guy I think the big 2 (F1 and NASCAR) are pretty boring.

Always thought of finding something like this local in LA to take part in (minus the snow, obviously); I guess I should get on it. Hope you enjoyed yourself!

Viper Girl
02-23-2015, 08:18 PM
I really hate snow, and I'm really happy I don't have to deal with it.... BUT! Schen you make it look like it might be a lot of fun even if it involves the white stuff... LOL

Schen
02-23-2015, 09:37 PM
That's pretty cool. I love rallying and it's probably my favorite sport that involves automobiles. Even though I'm a car guy I think the big 2 (F1 and NASCAR) are pretty boring.

Always thought of finding something like this local in LA to take part in (minus the snow, obviously); I guess I should get on it. Hope you enjoyed yourself!

I really hate snow, and I'm really happy I don't have to deal with it.... BUT! Schen you make it look like it might be a lot of fun even if it involves the white stuff... LOL

I can certainly appreciate some of the smaller forms of motorsport!

Put it this way. I did autocross last year, not my first rodeo but first time with my car and for $60 I couldn't beat it. SO much fun. Drag racing is even cheaper, maybe $30 on a time trial weekday right?

Rally, it's like $450 to enter! And these guys show up in a fully prepped cars! Some even with license plates! So not every has extra gear with them like the pro guys do, but they did it! My feet at times were buried in up to two feet of snow...and at times became bricks. Some of those shots, especially the ones where the cars are in the air, those cars would land about...oh say two-two and a half feet from me. LOL

But it was awesome. Some of the drivers have reached out to me and are really appreciative of us media that bundled up and stood in the snow just to take pictures of their cars. They get it, I get it and as in most motorsports events everyone is a family eager to lend a hand. I've already been invited to the Susquehanna Trails in June for a Rally/Rallycross event and see what it's like to be a co-driver. Should be fun.

--RS

viper_eddie
02-23-2015, 10:49 PM
That's nice to know that they appreciated you being there. Pretty expensive, though but definitely worth doing it once.