PDA

View Full Version : Black Anodized Carbon Edition: Mark Trostle Interview

mnc2886
11-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Here is an interview with Mark Trostle over the new edition. Looks like price will be $145k.

http://youtu.be/nbEvPFZPA9k

BlknBlu
11-21-2013, 10:36 PM
SRT is really doing some cool things on the Viper.

Bruce

SmoknTires
11-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Had dinner with Mark a couple weeks ago. He is not only a great guy, but truly a humble and VEYR passionate guy. Can't reveal everything he said, but you're seeing more of the neat things SRT plans with colors and special editions.

Maurice was just a this show a couple days ago, says it really looks good and pics don't even do it justice.

mnc2886
11-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Had dinner with Mark a couple weeks ago. He is not only a great guy, but truly a humble and VEYR passionate guy. Can't reveal everything he said, but you're seeing more of the neat things SRT plans with colors and special editions.

Maurice was just a this show a couple days ago, says it really looks good and pics don't even do it justice.

Stryker Green???? ACR???? :cool:

Chorps
11-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Hopefully all the panel gaps for customer cars will be like the car in the video now with the panel gapping test machines that were put in for 2014 production.

ACRucrazy
11-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Is this also a $14,000 paint job?

ViperSmith
11-22-2013, 09:46 PM

All together it is $135 - so with the two carbon packages (interior and exterior) - more like $8k

01sapphirebob
11-23-2013, 08:23 AM

All together it is $135 - so with the two carbon packages (interior and exterior) - more like $8k

They did say in the video that it starts in the $140,000 range. I would be interested to see what the stiker price is of the "package." Love the idea. Still needs more carbon though. :D

ViperSmith
11-23-2013, 10:19 AM
They did say in the video that it starts in the $140,000 range. I would be interested to see what the stiker price is of the "package." Love the idea. Still needs more carbon though. :D

Lets split the difference :p

$138,885

DARKNHT
11-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Awesome looking car!

Space Truckin
11-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Love the contrast in colors and textures! BEAUTIFUL

IndyRon
11-23-2013, 04:23 PM
I wish they would quit with all the gimmicks like carbon surrounds to the tail lights and fake anodized finishes and give us some model derivations with legitimate performance enhancements....screw all these paint jobs and such and give us the ACR! Ok, off my soap box.

ViperSmith
11-23-2013, 04:38 PM
I wish they would quit with all the gimmicks like carbon surrounds to the tail lights and fake anodized finishes and give us some model derivations with legitimate performance enhancements....screw all these paint jobs and such and give us the ACR! Ok, off my soap box.

Cost of a new paint scheme: $3.50
Cost of a new model: $Texas

It is easy for them to offer this. The ACR is coming, I don't understand why anyone gets upset over SRT offering special paints.

VENOM V
11-23-2013, 04:40 PM

I think they just did with the TA, complete with a top notch press event that has had unanimous praise by the press so far. I'm with you on the ACR, I hope they get the opportunity to do it right.

I think this anodized carbon edition is just evil looking. I love it.

BlknBlu
11-23-2013, 04:43 PM
After the rough year for the Viper This year, it looks like things are looking up with Future models under way and lots of special editions and cool options coming out. The future looks bright for Viper.

Bruce

ViperSmith
11-23-2013, 04:44 PM
After the rough year for the Viper This year, it looks like things are looking up with Future models under way and lots of special additions and cool options coming out. The future looks bright for Viper.

Bruce

People are finally catching on to what Gen V owners already know, the car is a knock out :D

Revolution
11-23-2013, 04:45 PM

Forget 15G paint options and have ceramic brake upgrades etc!

VENOM V
11-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Forget 15G paint options and have ceramic brake upgrades etc!

Or offer both. As ViperSmith pointed out, paint is nearly a freebie when it comes to development. Gotta find as many customers as you can to drive sales to fund the development of ACRs, convertibles, Etc.