PDA

View Full Version : Update to the 1 of 1 program

01sapphirebob
02-15-2015, 12:18 PM
Heres an interesting article of the 1 of 1 program for the GEN V

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2015/01/08/dodge-overhauls-viper-custom-ordering/21456223/

Canadian venom
02-15-2015, 12:29 PM
This program is so cool, can only attract new customer :dude3:

FLATOUT
02-15-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm looking to use my voucher to do this on my next Viper.

Vprbite
02-15-2015, 01:23 PM
So, when you order some set of options, does that mean it is "locked out" for everyone else? So, congratulations to the first guy to order red with black interior? Or will they still make some, let's say "standard" packages to be sold on lots?

daytonprowler
02-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Nice mention of Maurice and the VOA in the article:

"This is great, said Viper Owners Association President Maurice Liang on Thursday. "We didn't buy a Viper to blend in, we bought a Viper to stand out. If you want to stand out, you have to be unique."

Zybane
02-15-2015, 02:01 PM
So, when you order some set of options, does that mean it is "locked out" for everyone else? So, congratulations to the first guy to order red with black interior? Or will they still make some, let's say "standard" packages to be sold on lots?

Yes, exact color locked out for that model year if all other options the same. There is probably 50 shades of red you can order.

ViperSmith
02-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Looks like you can do a 1:1 of the TA2 if your heart desires as well which is nice.

I Bin Therbefor
02-15-2015, 02:26 PM

iMO, it's the combination that gets locked in, not any one individual item.

If you look at the site, there are packages and they are unlimited.

I like the fact that Dodge takes responsibility for insuring that unsafe combinations will not be permitted. IMO, that will be especially important in the aero combinations.

J TNT
02-15-2015, 02:33 PM
Glad to see more options . And Sales being up ! :)

Zybane
02-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Looks like you can do a 1:1 of the TA2 if your heart desires as well which is nice.

Ya, not sure how that will work out. So you start with a $95K GTC and then add the $17K TA2.0 package on top? You can choose whatever exterior and interior color then? Does it count against the 96 "regular" TA2.0 car limit? Dodge is taking their sweet time with this config website build considering we are well into the 2015 model year now.

nuviper
02-15-2015, 02:56 PM
I see that when you choose TA 2.0 package (not TA group), you will also get a TA serial number. Will that be possible that they only account the TA 2.0 in to this 1:1 program? So when the number reaches the limit, you cannot select the package anymore. What is more, the TA 2.0 package has the seats the same as the srt base one does, and it's not the leather one for GT.

kdaviper
02-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Yes, exact color locked out for that model year if all other options the same. There is probably 50 shades of red you can order.

way more than 50 shades...

Fatboy 18
02-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Wonder if someone will order a 50 shades of Grey version :t15197:

Vprbite
02-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Wonder if someone will order a 50 shades of Grey version :t15197:

Yes. The passenger seat is scotchguarded with that version.

Vprbite
02-15-2015, 05:13 PM
iMO, it's the combination that gets locked in, not any one individual item.

If you look at the site, there are packages and they are unlimited.

I like the fact that Dodge takes responsibility for insuring that unsafe combinations will not be permitted. IMO, that will be especially important in the aero combinations.

Does purple with brown centerband and yellow driver stripe count as unsafe? I honestly wonder if those who don't care about resale and want to really stand out will come up with some hideous combinations? That being said, I would love to see someone do red with yellow wheels on a convertible like the old McVipers.

Drummerviper
02-15-2015, 08:35 PM
This is an utter embarrassment . The Viper languishes at the Chicago Auto Show while folks, rightly or wrongly throng to the Z06. Desperation

ViperSmith
02-15-2015, 09:28 PM
This is an utter embarrassment . The Viper languishes at the Chicago Auto Show while folks, rightly or wrongly throng to the Z06. Desperation

It is amazing the point of the "1 of 1" colored Viper is completely lost on people.

At least it isn't that hideous red with black stripe one

ViperDC
02-16-2015, 02:40 AM
It is amazing the point of the "1 of 1" colored Viper is completely lost on people.

No kidding, really not hard to understand that Dodge is showing that car to advertise the customization program. From some of the comments on here I really have to wonder. I swear if Dodge handed out free ice cream some would complain its too cold!

Vprbite
02-16-2015, 03:26 AM
No kidding, really not hard to understand that Dodge is showing that car to advertise the customization program. From some of the comments on here I really have to wonder. I swear if Dodge handed out free ice cream some would complain its too cold!

They would be mad that there wasn't a frozen yogurt offering. And then probably say that corvette has frozen yogurt. And it's made in record time that no one has actually seen.

Blue T/A 2.0
02-16-2015, 07:30 AM
For clarification, does this update now mean you can start with a TA2.0 and build it or you start with a GTC and add the TA 2.0 pkg and then build it? It seems like the latter would dilute the exclusivity of the TA 2.0.

Zybane
02-16-2015, 07:38 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to start with GTC, that's what allows the customization, then you add the TA 2.0 on top. That would also count against the TA2.0 car limit. So I guess you could technically have a TA2.0 in whatever color and racing stripes you want with whatever wheels. Not sure how they would handle the interior.