PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo Viper TA

Murpowa
02-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Thread derailed

/end

ViperSmith
02-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Unreal anyone would let him touch their cars.

And pretty sure Ed has already has a TT TA out there.

Zybane
02-14-2015, 01:21 PM
Definitely really cool, but $50K for 850RWHP on stock engine is a bit much for me.

Not to mention that after reading this thread (yes I'm bored atm):

http://genvttbuildbyrsi.blogspot.dk/2014/11/rsied.html

I would never use such a shop. You can easily tell when someone is BS'ing you. Although the vehicle owner was very silly paying that much money up front and then paying in full before the issues were resolved. You never, ever do that.

cubican
02-14-2015, 02:34 PM
That car is bad to the bone, who cares about all that forum bs. Great job on that T/A..

VIPEREPIV
02-14-2015, 02:46 PM
What are your guys thoughts on the Gen 5 Hennessey twin turbo upgrade, other than it's $44k price?

BlknBlu
02-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Another step in the right direction for Viper performance.

Bruce

Darius
02-14-2015, 03:06 PM
I think everyone with a brain who works for their money cares about it.

GOTSRT?
02-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Simply stunning!

ViperSmith
02-14-2015, 05:12 PM
That car is bad to the bone, who cares about all that forum bs. Great job on that T/A..

I am sure the guys that lost tons of cash and had their cars basically trashed just consider it "forum bs"

TrackAire
02-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Big deal, RSI makes it sound like they are the only ones that have ever twin turbo'd a Gen 5.....what they turbo'd is a TA and maybe they are the first to do that but it is still a Gen 5.

They had to use a stand alone computer system......again, what progress (or lack of it). With a stand alone system you could turbo charge a Prius. Not really cutting edge progress and it cost a ton of $$ for 1000 hp.

Lastly, will we ever see any of their Gen 5 builds compete outside their dyno loading dock, hopefully at the Texas Mile or equivalent?

triblk6spd
02-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Too bad RSI is involved....otherwise id pay attention.

Dman
02-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Soooooo, what exactly is the definition of a "priority install" at RSI?

KB Viper
02-15-2015, 12:00 AM
i'm still pumped for a heads/cam package. nothing like a muscle car lopey idle on a odd fire V10!

cubican
02-15-2015, 12:24 AM
I am sure the guys that lost tons of cash and had their cars basically trashed just consider it "forum bs"

There are 2 sides to every story. The fact is they just finish with a great set up, and made the electronics work. Thumbs up to them.

dethred
02-15-2015, 07:51 AM

I'd guess those that care about forum "bs" enjoy not being bent over and... you can fill in the rest.

You're right though, there are two sides to every story. In the case of RSI, both sides have been shared via thorough documentation, and it looks even worse for RSI. What is your affiliation with them?

Snakebit10
02-15-2015, 08:12 AM
Without getting into the historically poor rep of some of these tuners you have to admit any TT Viper that performs is very cool. Would love to see one in the 1300+ rwhp range.

ViperSmith
02-15-2015, 08:47 AM
There are 2 sides to every story. The fact is they just finish with a great set up, and made the electronics work. Thumbs up to them.
Within the last four months there are two horror stories well documented

I guess some people never learn.

One horror story once is one thing

Horry story after horror story is another.

SADVIPER
02-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Fuck that exhaust is hot.

Canadian venom
02-15-2015, 08:57 AM
money talks, bulls*** walks they say.....is it how you get a non sponsor vendor to advertise his product with the blessing of VCA's moderator? It would be sad for a newbie in the viper world seeing and believing this add....

ViperSmith
02-15-2015, 09:35 AM
What other side of the story is this awesome wiring work from RSI?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--c_-bsrYZ0k/VF1l2dX_zRI/AAAAAAAAATs/UjMJ1uzr8KI/s1600/974427_10152773015312419_1262164081_n.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5iC_V-9iHQU/VF1l2T4Ou5I/AAAAAAAAATo/0Crnbyca7kA/s1600/10751690_10152773015217419_707686103_n.jpg

dethred
02-15-2015, 10:16 AM

So harsh! Clearly they hired a blind man to do the wiring, out of the kindness of their hearts. The other side of that story is located wherever the other end of those wires were tucked... or thrown away.

Zybane
02-15-2015, 11:40 AM
Since I do virtually all of the work on my own cars, I love these failed shop build threads. Criminal wiring jobs, fuel lines improperly connected, important bits held on my zip ties. It's quite comical.

Vprbite
02-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Since I do virtually all of the work on my own cars, I love these failed shop build threads. Criminal wiring jobs, fuel lines improperly connected, important bits held on my zip ties. It's quite comical.

Zip ties. If they are good enough for holdin my Christmas lights in place they are good enough for wiring, dammit.

Jack B
02-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Brother-in-law?

I'd guess those that care about forum "bs" enjoy not being bent over and... you can fill in the rest.

You're right though, there are two sides to every story. In the case of RSI, both sides have been shared via thorough documentation, and it looks even worse for RSI. What is your affiliation with them?

Zybane
02-15-2015, 01:58 PM
This is one of my favorite builds of all time:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/2jzmk3/0107001620.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/2jzmk3/0107001619.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/2jzmk3/0107001618.jpg

Yes, that is a radiator, epicly mounted beneath the car with washing machine hose

dethred
02-15-2015, 05:29 PM
That must be some home garage DIY chop job on a civic, please say that's what it is!

dethred
02-15-2015, 05:40 PM
http://vid1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/proc6/Mobile%20Uploads/20150115_141659_zpsgbdtd8gq.mp4

The more you read about them, the more you hope they get the kind of justice that was a bit more prevalent about 100-120 years ago.

Finish car to running condition, pay someone to make a video portraying professionalism, and hope to scam more people. That's all this is.

J TNT
02-15-2015, 05:43 PM
That wiring is disgusting ! Mental Note Not to take my Lawn Tractor there !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--c_-bsrYZ0k/VF1l2dX_zRI/AAAAAAAAATs/UjMJ1uzr8KI/s1600/974427_10152773015312419_1262164081_n.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5iC_V-9iHQU/VF1l2T4Ou5I/AAAAAAAAATo/0Crnbyca7kA/s1600/10751690_10152773015217419_707686103_n.jpg

Shooter
02-15-2015, 06:19 PM

What. Did RSI help you wrap your poser steering wheel or something?. You buddies?

Shooter
02-15-2015, 06:24 PM
All differences aside, this beauty looks legit! Anyone know more details on this build? Is the owner a member on here?

Says a person with no skin in the game. All differences aside, why don't you buy a viper, and give it to RSI. I'm sure you'll be treated just fine. C'mon.

Murpowa
02-15-2015, 06:30 PM
I need to own a viper to voice what I feel is a cool build?

Unnecessary shooter

dethred
02-15-2015, 07:01 PM
I need to own a viper to voice what I feel is a cool build?

Unnecessary shooter

Read all the links at the very bottom of this blog post and then repeat what you've said, if you can do so without feeling like a total rat.

XSnake
02-15-2015, 07:07 PM

Anyone with 1/2 a brain would care about the NUMEROUS customer complaints with this shop. It's not forum BS.

Murpowa
02-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Read all the links at the very bottom of this blog post and then repeat what you've said, if you can do so without feeling like a total rat.

Don't need to click the link to understand the company is not liked.

triblk6spd
02-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Key word...numerous!

Anyone with 1/2 a brain would care about the NUMEROUS customer complaints with this shop. It's not forum BS.

ViperSmith
02-15-2015, 07:21 PM

So, those pictures posted of bare wires, acceptable craftsmanship to you I see.

XSnake
02-15-2015, 07:29 PM

It's not about like vs. dislike. It's about them f'ing over lots of Viper owners.

ViperSmith
02-15-2015, 07:31 PM
It's not about like vs. dislike. It's about them f'ing over lots of Viper owners.

He's too busy to read facts, videos are cooler

Murpowa
02-15-2015, 07:35 PM
So, those pictures posted of bare wires, acceptable craftsmanship to you I see.

Nope, and I don't recall ever stating that

Simms
02-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Just wondering if the success of this build was dependent on John Reeds involvement.

Shooter
02-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Nope, and I don't recall ever stating that

No you posted " All differences aside, this beauty looks legit! " Which say's to us that yes, you do think that the 1/2 assed craftsmanship and bare wires IS acceptable.

TrackAire
02-16-2015, 02:02 AM
What. Did RSI help you wrap your poser steering wheel or something?. You buddies?

Wake up and smell the cow patties.....because of the way certain people keep defending them, I would guess some have "invested" in the tuning juggernaut that is RSI.

It would be easy to sucker investors in......great investment opportunity, huge ROI (since full build deposits are taken but the car is never finished), special discounts on your future Viper builds, discounted parts, etc, etc......what could go wrong?? LOL

Snakebit10
02-16-2015, 07:44 AM

Yes, that is a radiator, epicly mounted beneath the car with washing machine hose

LOL.....Wow....Total lack of respect for the customer right there.....

Dman
02-16-2015, 08:15 AM
Well, we wonder how RSI and Hennessy keep getting customers ... I guess this is how, people don't research and just dismiss issues and drop money due to a mag article or cool video. Sad but if it wasn't happening, we'd not have threads on these guys anymore, they'd be gone.

slitherv10
02-16-2015, 10:39 AM
There's a sucker born every day. Its what makes the world go round. RSI and Hennesey were dependant on the suckers born into this world. If they and others like them could target those people, they could stay in business. Thus their marketing strategies. Nothing anyone could do here to change anyone's mind. Unfortunately they need it to happen to them to understand. Look at Nasty's situation and right there you see that their marketing schemes work. We all told him over and over through treads here there and everywhere, yet, he still chose the dark side.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE
02-16-2015, 11:02 AM
LOL.....Wow....Total lack of respect for the customer right there.....

WOW! I mean im a southern country boy runnin a shop , but dang I don't run to lowes to get my material?

there is a white T/A in fla that is getting twins, it should turn out nice.

man that's really sad, to whomevers that is , hell I feel like I need to apologize. that's crazy

Vprbite
02-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Radiator strapped under the car and run with washing machine nose?????

That is horrifying. It's dangerous, number one. Extremely so. And it looks like it was done by a chimp. Look at how that radiator is just strapped up there

Shooter
02-16-2015, 12:20 PM
Radiator strapped under the car and run with washing machine nose?????

That is horrifying. It's dangerous, number one. Extremely so. And it looks like it was done by a chimp. Look at how that radiator is just strapped up there

I like the filler cap on that radiator...do you have to lift the rear of the car to top it off? lol

MalingatorGTS
02-16-2015, 12:29 PM

Now I've seen most everything. Years ago I worked a ghetto street racing detail that was mostly Civics, crap and more crap. I've seen some sketchy WTF builds on some ghetto ass cars but this! Milk crate seats, and Home Depot hoses...oh wait the hoses are on a what??!! How does this place keep a license with the state as a repair shop????????

Vprbite
02-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Now this TT Viper TA that started this thread is using a stand alone ECU, right? So doesn't that make all the electronics in the Viper useless? The gauges, the center console, all of that? I mean, can't anyone TT anything with a stand alone ECU when you don't care about looks and such inside, like on a dedicated track car? Didn't they render his beautiful gauges and such useless?

I thought making the TT fit within the confines of the computer and systems already on the car was the art. Didn't they basically just strap a new computer and ignition onto there? Like they offered Vital Velocity a "custom trick gauge pod" instead of his stock one. They would have basically just stuck a cheesy ricer, light up dash on top of the steering column. So isn't that what they did here?

Vprbite
02-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Now I've seen most everything. Years ago I worked a ghetto street racing detail that was mostly Civics, crap and more crap. I've seen some sketchy WTF builds on some ghetto ass cars but this! Milk crate seats, and Home Depot hoses...oh wait the hoses are on a what??!! How does this place keep a license with the state as a repair shop????????

Malingator, I think there is a reason they are in Texas as opposed to the area you are in. They can get away with a lot more down there in terms of regulation and licenses and such.

You bring up a point though. I thought this was dangerous to the driver (which it is) but think of how dangerous it is also to all of the other's on the road. The "sketchy ghetto builds" you mention are incredibly dangerous for those around. I would think even in some of our wilder states like Texas and Arizona (where I am) they could get cited for putting together a dangerous build. They could definitely be held liable in some kind of civil suit if some random person gets hurt.

I guess more than citations or lawsuits, how have the guys down there not served this guy up a nice big plate of Texas Justice? The amount of money he has taken from people is incredible. I have seen wholesale ass beat for way less money than the amounts talked about here. Also, completely destroying the value of the car. So these people got screwed coming and going. I am not trying to encourage anyone to commit a violent act. Please note that. I guess I am just wondering why it hasn't already happened organically.

dethred
02-16-2015, 04:57 PM
I guess more than citations or lawsuits, how have the guys down there not served this guy up a nice big plate of Texas Justice? The amount of money he has taken from people is incredible. I have seen wholesale ass beat for way less money than the amounts talked about here. Also, completely destroying the value of the car. So these people got screwed coming and going. I am not trying to encourage anyone to commit a violent act. Please note that. I guess I am just wondering why it hasn't already happened organically.

I know if someone effectively stole tens of thousands from me, I'd spend the same amount on ruining his life, whether it be removing his ability to utilize his four appendages, frame him for something, or simply take back what I lost plus another 100% for my trouble. Thankfully I've never been such a situation, because I'd probably get myself into some serious trouble (and I too am not advocating or recommending such actions, just stating what would immediately come to my mind if I was in such a situation). Hopefully justice finds him through legitimate legal means, so as to not make him a victim in the eyes of anyone.

Tiago
02-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Now this TT Viper TA that started this thread is using a stand alone ECU, right? So doesn't that make all the electronics in the Viper useless? The gauges, the center console, all of that? I mean, can't anyone TT anything with a stand alone ECU when you don't care about looks and such inside, like on a dedicated track car? Didn't they render his beautiful gauges and such useless?

I thought making the TT fit within the confines of the computer and systems already on the car was the art. Didn't they basically just strap a new computer and ignition onto there? Like they offered Vital Velocity a "custom trick gauge pod" instead of his stock one. They would have basically just stuck a cheesy ricer, light up dash on top of the steering column. So isn't that what they did here?

they have all of the stock electronics working on this car.

V10powerr
02-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Guys it's very easy to derail someones reputation and very difficult to build one that is always clean
I don't know rsi or anyone else but I think we should let the parties that know everything and were involved to clean themselves
Modding cars is not the cleanest of businesses and the issue is expectations
If anyone wronged anyone they should share their story and so should the other party
We cannot truly judge bc I am not sure either party is telling the entire truth
Let's listen to the parties and for our own opinion on whom we should do business with rather than splash mud on what we were not involved
That said I am not saying anyone is going that but put yourself in either position and things change as you know the entire story

ViperTony
02-16-2015, 05:50 PM

This is a joke right? Which shop did this install? Sad.

EdwardETraylorIII
02-17-2015, 07:40 AM
If you'd like a TT kit installed on your Gen V, then there is no need to spend the kind of money mentioned here... $35K TURN Key for a Stage I (900 RWHP pump gas/1,000+RWHP on E85 with the OEM computer so all gauges work). If you're serious, then just give me a call.

dethred
02-17-2015, 07:47 AM
Guys it's very easy to derail someones reputation and very difficult to build one that is always clean
I don't know rsi or anyone else but I think we should let the parties that know everything and were involved to clean themselves
Modding cars is not the cleanest of businesses and the issue is expectations
If anyone wronged anyone they should share their story and so should the other party
We cannot truly judge bc I am not sure either party is telling the entire truth
Let's listen to the parties and for our own opinion on whom we should do business with rather than splash mud on what we were not involved
That said I am not saying anyone is going that but put yourself in either position and things change as you know the entire story

Oh ok, so you're saying similar stories of theft can be found for any tuner? If you think it's impossible to find a shop that doesn't have the reputation for fraud that Hennessey and RSI do, then you sir need to invest in my new tuning shop. I build 50,000 horsepower vipers in my garage (literally MY garage) and it'll only cost you $100,000 up front. I use a bank in the Cayman islands to handle these transactions, but you can also send it in cash to my P.O. box. Just PM me your address, and leave the car outside with the keys in it. If I get around to the work before New Year's 2017, I'll be sure to cut into the frame ala Hennessey, use electrical tape for hot wires ala RSI, and leave the car in pieces outside on my street for you to pick up ala both of those fraudulent f**ks.

Seriously, I'm here to take your money if you so desire.

bluesrt
02-17-2015, 08:50 AM
woodhouse and viper exchange, with these guys now, why would you go anywhere else- true viper people- drop it off and magicly it will be what you paid for- and right

mjorgensen
02-17-2015, 10:49 AM
woodhouse and viper exchange, with these guys now, why would you go anywhere else- true viper people- drop it off and magicly it will be what you paid for- and right

Thank you for the confidence, :D although if we are still talking TT cars I would never call us a "tuner shop" so that is a job I would not take on as a dealership performance shop, just too many variables. I do things that are proven to work and work for a long time, we do not want to lose a (dealership car buyer) customer because something like that was promised and not delivered there is just too much other business at stake.

There are Tuner shops that can do this kind of work, just make sure you research everything about them and their people first and have agreed terms on what you expect. If you do your investigating I'm sure you will have a good experience with a big project like TT, I would also be sure that they can afford to pay for any mistakes that could be made.

XSnake
02-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Owner posted this morning on the Alley that they have been waiting since 2009 for his TT G4 from RSI....

v10tt
02-17-2015, 02:25 PM
There was one TT T/A at the 1/2 mile event, did not run that good....
#45 Josh Hart
http://wannagofast.com/event-time/FLShootout2015FinalResultsSun.htm

Snakebit10
02-17-2015, 02:31 PM
Ouch 1 run only for the TT TA and it was slower than the Hellcat among others.

98intrigue
02-17-2015, 02:34 PM
There was one TT T/A at the 1/2 mile event, did not run that good....
#45 Josh Hart
http://wannagofast.com/event-time/FLShootout2015FinalResultsSun.htm
I don't know how accurate that list is. It's missing a Gen 3 that was there on Saturday. It also shows a very slow time for the TT GTS that I saw run on Saturday, which went in the 150s IIRC. I didn't attend Sunday, but none of my friends that went told me about a TT Gen 5 car.

Sybil TF
02-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Owner posted this morning on the Alley that they have been waiting since 2009 for his TT G4 from RSI....Yeah I saw that. That's ridiculous. I would be concerned that car has be re-titled as abandoned and sold.

Ninjakris
02-17-2015, 03:10 PM
Josh did have a spot at the 1/2 mile ever, but his viper wasn't there. I believe e had a supercharged Camaro racing.

And the gen III owner also had a c7 Vette, so I'm guessing both days reflected his Vette instead of the viper one day and Vette on Sunday. We try to update/change the owners and cars if there's a change, but it's very hard when we usually dont get a heads up before race day.

serpent
02-18-2015, 11:51 AM

Was this done by RSI? If so, do you have a link to the story?

XSnake
03-20-2015, 07:56 AM
www.rsifraud.com

Malu59RT
03-20-2015, 10:31 AM
The TT TA is already for sale at Elite Autos, LLC apparently.

labtec
03-20-2015, 11:04 AM
I have told this story before in another forum but evidently it warrants repeating. RSI almost ripped me off for north of 2 grand on a complete Belanger system until after 2 months+ of waiting I called Belanger directly and exposed lie after lie that Will and the other genius kept telling me. I cancelled the order and they promised to refund my money....tick tock, tick, tock....no money so I called my CC company and had them reverse the charge. Bought system directly from Belanger and couldn't be happier. And before anyone starts with the "that's just your word, two sides to the story" garbage, I have the entire PM thread from Will and numerous emails to back it up.

Crotalidae
03-20-2015, 01:14 PM
I have told this story before in another forum but evidently it warrants repeating. RSI almost ripped me off for north of 2 grand on a complete Belanger system until after 2 months+ of waiting I called Belanger directly and exposed lie after lie that Will and the other genius kept telling me. I cancelled the order and they promised to refund my money....tick tock, tick, tock....no money so I called my CC company and had them reverse the charge. Bought system directly from Belanger and couldn't be happier. And before anyone starts with the "that's just your word, two sides to the story" garbage, I have the entire PM thread from Will and numerous emails to back it up.

Pretty much exact same thing happened to me...credit card company took care of it for me after 3 months...hopefully by now most are aware of RSI's unscrupulous behavior...

dethred
03-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Surely you guys can file charges against that clown if he is trying to take your money without providing the agreed-upon product or service? Are people not filing criminal charges because they think they'll get their money back? I think that's a bit optimistic. Why not put the piece of sh*t in jail? If Texas' laws are such that he can't be prosecuted for theft, then I never want to even drive through that state.