PDA

View Full Version : Another home run

Vprbite
02-13-2015, 09:38 PM
I am a little late on this as the parts arrived and were installed in December but big thanks to Jon B for a killer deal on an awesome exhaust setup for my 06 Coupe. I talked to Jon about the setup I wanted and what his thoughts were on that. He agreed that my choice was what he would have recommended in terms of power (and keeping torque) and for sound as well.

We did belanger headers, high flow cats, and a corsa catback. I am a musician and have very sensitive ears. Of course I want the Viper to sound mean but I like long cruises and you don't want en exhaust beating on your ears for 3 or 4 straight hours. Also, again with sensitive ears, I couldn't have any drone. We talked about the setup and he assured me the corsa would solve any drone issues. No amount if power is worth drone in a street car in my opinion. Well as I said, home run. We don't have a single ounce of drone. It sounds nice and mean like a Viper should, when you get on the Go pedal it makes its presence known with authority but isn't painful on the ears. Then, cruising around town in 3rd or 4th if you want it quiet it is totally civil. I have done 2 trips to phoenix and back and cruising in 5th or 6th and you can no problem have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat or I have even taken a phone call and the person said they could hear me just fine. Drop down to 3rd and blow by someone and and it sounds great but doesn't render your stereo useless. The power was very, very noticeable. I spun my tires leaving the dealership because I throttled to the same place as I had before. the power and torque increase was far from subtle.

IMO, we got it just right and Jon had a killer deal on the parts. I ordered them and they showed up right to my tech a couple days later ready to be installed.

Big thanks again for sharing your expertise and having that sale going. I am loving the new exhaust. I highly recommend calling Jon and getting the same setup.