PDA

View Full Version : New Owner from Iowa

Ifly2lo
02-12-2015, 08:48 PM
I just bought my first Viper from Woodhouse in Blair, NE. It is a 2014 GTS, Gunmetal Grey with red racing strips and a red interior. I was thinking about getting a C7 Corvette but after stopping up in Blair and seeing the Vipers I was sold. Now if it just gets warmer I can go out and play with my new toy. I am from Council Bluffs, Iowa and am lucky to be so close to a dealership which has so much rich Viper heritage as well as being so close to a great track to run the car on. MAM is a local track only about 20 minutes away and a great local track to run on the weekends.

vipertank
02-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Congrats! Enjoy the hell out of it.

BlknBlu
02-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Welcome Jon,

Can not wait to see that Beast in the streets. What a menacing color combo.

Welcome to Crossroads of America

Bruce

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE
02-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Welcome an enjoy the ride!

Fangs3
02-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Welcome Jon and Linda to Crossroads of America!
I'm your neighbor! I live 2 doors North of you!!
I have a 2005 Black Convertible. Looking forward to seeing your new ride! Can't wait to go cruising with you!!

Cheryl

daytonprowler
02-12-2015, 11:11 PM
Saw your membership go through yesterday. :)

WELCOME!!!

Crotalidae
02-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

swexlin
02-13-2015, 05:57 AM
Welcome, and you're going to LOVE the car!

V1P3R
02-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Congratulations and WELCOME! I can't wait to see that thing going down the road! I saw that car at Woodhouse, definitely grabs your attention! I love red interiors too!! Can't wait to meet you guys and clock some miles!!!!

Good thing you didn't take that left at Albuquerque and continued on the path to the dark side!!!!

Stretch
02-13-2015, 09:46 AM
Congrats and welcome! Post some pictures of this beautiful car!

mjorgensen
02-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the forums Jon, thank you for all the kind words can't wait to see you at the track using the Viper the way it wants to be used ;-)

viperboon
02-13-2015, 02:18 PM
I went viper over vet.. as i am welcoming you from a new members prospective (About a month).. feel free to ask any thing you want to know about your car there is some one here for every thing, and every one is very helpful. i do want to see a pic when you get that sorted it took me about 3 weakto post my first one so dont worry just love the car and worry about picks when you get to it,

every one reminded me to be safe at first. and get used to it. but i went further and watch videos of crashes and studied each one so i did not do the same mistake and 95% of the crashes seamed to be caused by excessive use of throttle for the situation they was in. overpower in the turns is a bit bad. the limited slip rear-end locks up and pushes both wheels at the same speed (rilly cool if your going strait) causing one of the to break traction and you to fish tail in corners if you push to hard i am sure you know all this stuff but i am just saying this is what i have learned since i joined.

and congrats

Fatboy 18
02-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Welcome to the VOA :) My GTS came from Woodhouse.....15 years ago :D

Hello from England :England:

Vprbite
02-13-2015, 10:54 PM
Let's see some pics of that bad boy! That color combo sounds sweet. If I get a Gen v at some point you can bet I am going with a red interior.