PDA

View Full Version : making having a VIN compulsory

Policy Limits
02-08-2015, 06:08 PM
To substantively post. It works well on the Ford GT forum. Some of the biggest trolls and big mouth trouble makers are those whom don't even own the car. Just a thought.

v10enomous
02-08-2015, 06:36 PM
That would prevent guys looking for their first Viper or maybe former owners from asking questions and contributing. Better to just ban the trolls. Freedom of speech is a US constitutional right but posting here is a privilege.

01sapphirebob
02-08-2015, 08:00 PM
That would prevent guys looking for their first Viper or maybe former owners from asking questions and contributing. Better to just ban the trolls. Freedom of speech is a US constitutional right but posting here is a privilege.

Agree with this. The VIN idea is good in theory but then it discourages others who don't own a Viper (yet) from feeling like they can contribute to the community. Not to mention....someone could go to any of the online auction sites and pull a VIN from one of the ads and use that.

GBS
02-09-2015, 05:41 AM
It might be good to differentiate owners vs. non-owners with a VIN but I NOT would ban non-owners from the forums. Members, owners and non-owners can all be trouble makers. Even a troll can join a club just to cause trouble if that is their intension.

slysnake
02-09-2015, 09:27 AM
Maybe limit access to just the general forum then. OK, maybe the joke forum as well.

MalingatorGTS
02-09-2015, 10:12 AM
As a new owner (November), I went on several sites, though this is the one I joined, prior to my purchase. I got a feel for which better suited my taste and also used them to research what I was buying and actually to see prices, reliability issues and even some background on the exact car I wanted to buy. This was an invaluable tool.

I do understand wanting to have members that really own the cars, I do. I also feel that some people who may be between cars but have owned them can provide valuable information and should be able to stay. I have remained on another forum from my previous car as have friends and I did a great deal on that site and with that car. I enjoy helping people there who are looking for insight into that platform.

That said, trolls will be trolls. We learn who they are rather quickly and most know to ignore their stupidity and move on. Just my two cents from a FNG.:t0135:

Fatboy 18
02-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Things are fine just the way they are IMO

Viper Girl
02-09-2015, 10:36 AM
VIN's are required to be a member of the VOA.

ViperTony
02-09-2015, 10:44 AM
That said, trolls will be trolls. We learn who they are rather quickly and most know to ignore their stupidity and move on. Just my two cents from a FNG.:t0135:

This. Well written. Allow me to buy you a coffee at one of our upcoming events. :D VINs can't fix trolls or the stupid, apparently.

ViperJeff
02-09-2015, 11:05 AM
To substantively post. It works well on the Ford GT forum. Some of the biggest trolls and big mouth trouble makers are those whom don't even own the car. Just a thought.

There is no secret to the Viper Vin, even a troll could figure out how to make one up

Sybil TF
02-18-2015, 10:48 AM
but I would ban non-owners from the forums.

I would ban all corvette owners...chumps:DExcluding Nineball but I would force him to change his name to Eightball.

GBS
02-18-2015, 11:09 AM
I would ban all corvette owners...chumps:DExcluding Nineball but I would force him to change his name to Eightball.

I just read your quote of me and noticed I said "but I would ban non-owners from the forums" when I meant to say "but I would NOT ban non-owners from the forums". Considering I also own a couple of Vettes it sounds like I might be banned! lol

Sybil TF
02-18-2015, 01:08 PM
I just read your quote of me and noticed I said "but I would ban non-owners from the forums" when I meant to say "but I would NOT ban non-owners from the forums". Considering I also own a couple of Vettes it sounds like I might be banned! lol:t1253::smilielol: