PDA

View Full Version : Status Report on VOA Registration and Membership

City
11-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Posted on behalf of Smokn Tires:

WE are open for business for online enrollment.

Welcome to your club.....

Take care!

Alex Ristanovic
National Vice President

Glhs110
11-20-2013, 04:13 PM
That is awesome! Congrats to all of you in charge that made this association possible! I know im looking forward to a great new year with all my Viper Nation friends...

Whitemamba
11-20-2013, 04:52 PM
What do we do if there isn't a region in our area?

BlknBlu
11-20-2013, 06:44 PM
I got goose bumps reading this thread.

Congrats to the greatest car club on Earth.

Bruce

DrTaco
11-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Great news and a great start!

99RT10
11-20-2013, 07:02 PM

That is a good question. I would imagine that you could start a club in your region.

Space Truckin
11-20-2013, 08:14 PM
All I can say is 2 BIG thumbs up to ALL in Administration, JOB WELL DONE!!! :dancingman:

C.J
11-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Quality People + Clear Vision + Proper Planning = Success.

Congrats for an outstanding job getting VOA launched!

BlknBlu
11-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Any ETR on the opening of the membership the presidents can notify their members on.

thanks

Bruce

SmoknTires
11-20-2013, 11:17 PM

You can still join the VOA. You don't have to live in the region you're a member of. You can choose to select a region that is nearest you (doesn't cost you anything more, so you might as well). Or, if you truly live remote from any other region, you can select "no region" and simply be a national member with no regional affiliation.

Pretty much every past club region came aboard and switched to the new club, so there are lots of choices. In the 4 cases where we have regions unwilling to go VOA because they have VCA leaders influencing, they are having some internal unrest over the fact and I'm sure it'll eventually lead to change - it always does...

And this is why we focused on creating a club based on REGIONS, not on members. We didn't want to create a club to compete, nor did we want a club that went after membership by individual. We took a risk knowing that it was smarter and cleaner to go by region and let the regions decide as a group and encourage them to move as a group, knowing that if all this worked, that it would a clean break and better for everyone. And frankly, this has gone better than anticipated. In 8 weeks, we've pretty much rebuilt a club and managed to create little impact to the local regions - while fixing a lot of things along the way. And obviously the goal is also to have a singular voice in the end, we've already accomplished that - so that SRT sees what he majority of the regions and membership want.

Hang in there. Despite everything I said above, in the end, there WILL BE only be one Viper club organization... That's better for the members, better for the regions, and better for the manufacturer. I sense the end is near and once that happens, we'll finally have ALL of the past behind us. The energy and support of this new club has exceeded expectations. Please PROTECT IT. Stay away FROM NEGATIVITY. Push hard in the same general direction, let's all get along and be REASONABLE, and you'll see where this goes - it'll flourish. We already got there like flipping a switch. Don't let anyone derail the energy or culture... the club will then just take care of itself as it should.

It's been a great time - and it feels right! And again, thank you all for what you've done with us. We made history, in a PROFOUND way, despite immense challenges. I'm still pinching myself!

Leslie
11-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Any ETR on the opening of the membership the presidents can notify their members on.

thanks

Bruce

Same question, want to join, thanks!

SmoknTires
11-21-2013, 05:21 AM
We've negotiated with the current credit processor and they are just hesitant to open back up due to the large amount of $ flowing. We have a limited history and this particular processor is just skiddish. Many places are so risk averse these days because of the delicate state of the economy and the liability they have to ensure those who they are processing for are legit. We darn near quadrupled what they expected over a month... in 24 hours.

But, big good news. We've simply worked with a few other banks to seek a new credit card processor, one of them was the bank we currently have our account with. Throughout the day we had huge work completed and we've officially been approved and are now in the process of building a new credit gateway and reprogramming the site to work with them. This usually takes up to a week. We may get it done by this weekend, but could be Mon-Tues realistically until the gateway is up given the 3 entities that have to work together to get it done (the weekend screws us up). But it's what we have to do. And when it's done, we'll be in a better place - the terms from these guys are quite open with no limits. So we'll be in a good place.

So for now, we're going to pause web registrations and just switch to our current bank. However, people can continue to register via paper if they want. Folks can call the headquarters and ask it to be emailed or faxed to them. The number is 888-778-1545 or admin@driveviper.com. If you're hoping to get a lower number based on where we're at (we're in the 600's), the paper registration will get you registered so that you can keep getting the lower # assignment. But I think most will just wait a few days to get the gateway back up. We'll announce when it's done!

Silver04
11-21-2013, 07:42 AM
A lil' birdie told me a few mintes ago that some of the people that worked on this site setup also worked on the healthcare.gov rollout :slap:

Janni
11-21-2013, 07:45 AM
A lil' birdie told me a few mintes ago that some of the people that worked on this site setup also worked on the healthcare.gov rollout :slap:

Smartass!

Space Truckin
11-21-2013, 07:53 AM
a lil' birdie told me a few mintes ago that some of the people that worked on this site setup also worked on the healthcare.gov rollout :slap:

uncalled for! :furious:

Leslie
11-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Thank you Alex!

SmoknTires
11-21-2013, 10:06 AM

Nope. Obamacare couldn't touch the pace that we were signing people up...

VYPR BYT
11-21-2013, 10:59 AM

The Affordable Care Act website managed less than 250 registrants in 48 hours!

The VOA launch website managed 200 registrants in the first 30 minutes!

whitebeard
11-21-2013, 02:15 PM
We are better........We plan the club site, then sight the club build to the plan......

Bitten
11-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Any news on when registration will be back open? The Mid-South Club voted unanimously to join the VOA. So I am excited and ready to join as soon as the registration pages comes back online.

SmoknTires
11-25-2013, 06:56 PM
It should be up in the next day or two. We're on the last steps with our bank to put the new gateway in place, then we'll reopen registration. We wanted to be fair since many people pay with credit cards, so we paused registration until the credit gateway was up so that people could register on line. We're almost there for "round 2"... Should be crazy!

steve911
12-03-2013, 02:07 PM
When is the registration site going to be open again???

SmoknTires
12-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Still on pause. Days go by as these banks review things. We're pursuing 2 other carriers to see if we can speed things up. We keep hitting different walls with the 2 people we've been working with. It could be very quick, or still take all this week. It's been frustrating, the holidays and weekends have really slowed things down as people have been on vacation. So hang tight.

Synfull
12-03-2013, 07:21 PM
What a mess!!
The new club was taking off like crazy and they brought it to a total standstill. This must be killing the new board.
Sucks

Bitten
12-04-2013, 09:16 PM
I went ahead and sent in a hard copy application via fax. It will still take time to process the credit card, but it made me feel good that they have the application and that it will be processed when credit cards are up and running. The girl who answered the VOA phone was pleasant and informative.

Anyone can call and get a application faxed and fax it back.
(888) 778-1545
(M-F-8:30 am to 5 pm EST)

redrichard
12-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Standing ready to sign up as soon as new bank is on line.

plumcrazy
12-05-2013, 06:43 AM
im surprised its taking this long. this is crazy

ViperTony
12-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Still on pause. Days go by as these banks review things. We're pursuing 2 other carriers to see if we can speed things up. We keep hitting different walls with the 2 people we've been working with. It could be very quick, or still take all this week. It's been frustrating, the holidays and weekends have really slowed things down as people have been on vacation. So hang tight.

Alex, this was probably discussed already (if so I apologize for rehashing it) but what about utilizing PayPal during the interim until the bank situation is cleared up? At least, in this way, folks can sign up and pay electronically and when the ideal bank solutions presents itself we can switch over?

Brian GTS
12-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Alex, this was probably discussed already (if so I apologize for rehashing it) but what about utilizing PayPal during the interim until the bank situation is cleared up? At least, in this way, folks can sign up and pay electronically and when the ideal bank solutions presents itself we can switch over?

I also feel that is worth considering depending on how much longer this will take. I would hate for the club to lose momentum due to a lengthy delay in the inability to conveniently process member registrations. If members do not have Paypal accounts, Paypal allows them to use credit cards too! :)

BlknBlu
12-05-2013, 04:54 PM
This is a tough time of year to get things worked quickly due to the fact it being the holiday season and banks and merchants do not like to make changes during this time so that transactions run as smooth as possible. 80% of merchant business is done during the Holiday season.

Bruce

Brad00GTS
12-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Funny you should mention that. I don't know if its my place to talk, but hopefully Alex will have a response either today or tomorrow on our situation.

Plum, I can't believe it either. Every time we talk with someone they say, "oh great this shouldn't be a problem" then underwriting nit picks something and we get turned down. But by then we've wasted three or four days. But no fear, I truly believe we are close to reopening.

Brian GTS
12-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Funny you should mention that. I don't know if its my place to talk, but hopefully Alex will have a response either today or tomorrow on our situation.

Plum, I can't believe it either. Every time we talk with someone they say, "oh great this shouldn't be a problem" then underwriting nit picks something and we get turned down. But by then we've wasted three or four days. But no fear, I truly believe we are close to reopening.

Thanks for the update Brad! :)

Anonymous
12-05-2013, 06:50 PM
What a strange problem,please take 3% from my 100,000$,no to much to soon!Insanity

daytonprowler
12-05-2013, 07:00 PM

;)

What a strange problem,please take 3% from my 100,000$,no to much to soon!Insanity

Isn't that the truth!

No hemi
12-05-2013, 07:11 PM
I like that idea!!( brian and tony's),i ve been checking the join page like 4 times a day!!, for the last 2 weeks!!!

SmoknTires
12-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Update on the credit portal issue. A lot has been accomplished and news will follow very shortly! We've been following 3 other tracks in parallel to offer several other payment options while we've been waiting, the comedy is that everything came together the same day. How ironic! Finally.

Thank you to all those who have been working in the back ground. The types of things people offered to do, call in favors, put us in touch with people, setup temp options, etc... was heartwarming! And thanks to all those who have been waiting patiently.

News to follow likely within 24 hours...

No hemi
12-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Woohoooooo!!!!

Silver04
12-06-2013, 08:48 AM
This is actually turning into a joke...

LittleCobra
12-06-2013, 09:22 AM
PayPal is quick, easy, troublefree and you can add your regular bank account number as well.

SmoknTires
12-06-2013, 09:41 AM
That's one of the tracks we followed, it will be in place as well in the near future. They had some big limitations relative to non-profits that didn't make them viable. But we'd file as a profit and it would work out for us. Our web guy will be working on it.

Silver... Not a joke... Keep it positive. Lots of people working hard to make a quality club for you. There will be bumps, this is one of them. It's not the end of the world. Let's support, not criticize and demotivate those giving up hundreds of hours of their personal time to create the club and atmosphere that we all deserve. They don't deserve that.

Space Truckin
12-06-2013, 10:52 AM
This is actually turning into a joke...

:lame:

viperr
12-06-2013, 11:39 AM
I agree that we need to be patient. What a frustrating thing to have a product (membership) with people knocking down the doors to join and no new mechanism in place. It must be extremely frustrating to the core people who are giving so much time and effort to make things happen. Banks and other institutions work slowly and conservatively, so we will need to hang in there a little longer before the next membership tsunami hits and the club grows into a very large and cheerful organization. Thanks again and keep up the hard work.

ViperTony
12-06-2013, 11:47 AM
I can't be mad at Silver. Think about it, after years of no-transparency we're suddenly sandblasted with actual transparency, status updates, alternative options, etc. and nobody is being censored to boot! OH ME OH MY!!!! Let's not :monkeyleft: people blind with all of this transparency. We need to be gentle and allow folks to acclimate to this new-found phenomena.

rw99
12-06-2013, 01:02 PM
...as long as there's a record of everyone that tried to sign up and couldn't... and those individuals can be quickly invited to join when the credit portal re-opens... this is a non-issue.

Thanks to all for working to resolve this (seriously) unexpected problem.

daytonprowler
12-06-2013, 01:17 PM
We appreciate everyone's patience during this "bump in the road". Rest assured it is being fixed. :)

daytonprowler
12-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Until the website page is back on, everyone is more than welcome to call VOA headquarters and sign up over the phone. Your application is time and date stamped so that your membership number is in order.

Brigett, Kevin, Tim, or Barb will be happy to take your application over the phone. Just make sure you have your vin number(s) for your Vipers ready. :)

VOA Headquarters
(888) 778-1545
(M-F-8:30 am to 5 pm EST)

Anonymous
12-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Now that's service try to call someone for Obama care

slysnake
12-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm just glad someone in authority actually tells us what's going on. Good or bad, it's better to know than try to guess. Thank you.

Exhlr8n
12-07-2013, 01:45 AM
I will sign up as soon as registration is up and running.

A special Shout Out and Thanks to all the individuals making this club happen...!

whitebeard
12-07-2013, 03:12 PM
On-line enrollment is now open!!!!

Anonymous
12-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Hot dam!

sparkrn
12-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Great, lets get it Rollin! Wish there was a continuous counter to track the numbers.:dancingman:

Viper Girl
12-07-2013, 04:45 PM
“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”
― Mario Andretti

herbbone
12-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Hip Hip....

WhiteSnake
12-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Huge Kudos to the VOA Administration and supporting team members. The Region Presidents need to get the word out to their membership that the Registration Portal is now back on line and operational!

redrichard
12-08-2013, 06:55 AM
That was easy Thanking You !

Leslie
12-08-2013, 09:03 AM
That was easy Thanking You !

yeh it was, took me all of 2 minutes:)

thanks for all those who got registration up and running again!

Shooter
12-08-2013, 09:48 AM
I can't be mad at Silver. Think about it, after years of no-transparency we're suddenly sandblasted with actual transparency, status updates, alternative options, etc. and nobody is being censored to boot! OH ME OH MY!!!! Let's not :monkeyleft: people blind with all of this transparency. We need to be gentle and allow folks to acclimate to this new-found phenomena.

Good work on the part of the people sorting this out. Financial institutions can move pretty slow at times. I appreciate the time spent on the clubs behalf.
And with that said while I think the comment "this is a joke" is uncalled for, a part of me can sympathize with Sliver 04. He spent a good portion of his online time at the other club in "Moderated Status". Might take time for some to come around and hopefully find this club is different and moving in a positive direction.