PDA

View Full Version : Kindness Dream Ride for Newtown / Sandy Hook

SlateEd
01-18-2015, 08:57 AM
We have been invited to be a part of something special happening in Newtown, CT this year. I'm posting this up early to get a sense of interest because there is a lot involved for the organizers - they need to know that they will have a turnout for the kids involved and the police resources involved too. Please take a look at the details below.
Thanks to our NY/CT member HeloSteve for bringing this to our attention!

Kindness Dream Ride: Newtown, CT -- June 20, rain date June 27

The Kindness Dream Ride (KDR) is for the Newtown/Sandy Hook, CT school kids. This event is all about giving back to a community of kids who have been witness to a horrific random act of violence. The idea is to encourage random acts of KINDNESS throughout the school year. For each random act of kindness the kids do they get an entry ticket. At the end of the year, all cars signed up for the KDR will have an entry ticket pulled and whichever kid's ticket is pulled, they will get a ride in that car. The ride starts at the Newtown High School and goes along a 6 mile route lead by the police and fire departments. The ride ends at a car show where the KDR cars will have VIP parking for the show, if they choose to stay.

I realize this is far in advance, but if you would like to join this awesome event please confirm in this thread. If something comes up closer to the event where you end up not being able to make it, no problem! The invite is open to all Viper Owners not just NY/CT. And if you know someone with an exotic car who would come out for this, spread the word.

June 20th (rain 27th)
Dream Ride meeting at 9:15AM: Newtown High School
12 Berkshire Road
Sandy Hook, CT 06482

Below are more details on the event:
Newtown Kindness Dream Ride Itinerary
9:15AM - Arrive at Newtown High School located at 12 Berkshire Road, Sandy Hook, CT 06482. Parents and children will meet and spend time with drivers

10:00AM - Begin getting children into the cars. Professional photographer to take photos of children getting into each vehicle. After photos are taken, vehicles are to line up behind police and tribute motorcade

10:20-10:30AM - Begin 6.2 mile drive to Newtown Car Show. Leave at least 6 car lengths between vehicles. Travel BELOW speed limit cognizant of children and specators

10:45AM - Arrive at Newtown Car Show. Committee members will guide drivers to the ceremony tent. Drivers are to drop children off at the red carpet (hold for another photo)

Link to Dream Ride Route: https://goo.gl/maps/xqIbK

Cars that are already confirmed:

Dodge Viper GTS
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Convertible
La Ferrari
Pagani Huayra
Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
2 Ferrari 599 GTOs
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Ferrari F12
Ford GT Heritage
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Ferrari 458 Italia
2 Nissan GTRs
Porsche 911 Turbo S
Mercedes C63 AMG
Lamborghini Murcielago
Ferrari 599 GTB
3 Ford GTs (red, white, blue)
McLaren MP4-12C
Maserati MC Convertible

thetalonguy
01-18-2015, 09:07 AM
You can certaintly count me in!

Helo Steve
01-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks Ed and Matt, the list of cars above has already doubled just this week. This will be a fantastic event! I just met with Chris this morning and he is very appreciative of the club's support. He was also telling me about some of the random acts of kindness that these children are doing. It is amazing how much effort 9 and 10 year old kids are putting in to support the intent of the event!

00VPRGTS
01-18-2015, 12:25 PM
I'm in unless something changes.

MalingatorGTS
01-18-2015, 01:01 PM
I'm in!

Helo Steve
01-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Keep them coming guys! Thank you! Your responses help immensely!

ViperTony
01-18-2015, 01:27 PM
In.

pony23
01-18-2015, 01:33 PM
I'm in!!!!!

Helo Steve
01-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Thanks Tony! We are tracking the VOA registrations separately so each member doesn't have to be bothered with individually signing up. If a member does sign up on that link, make sure to enter KDR for the promo code BEFORE registering, then select Kindness Dream Ride pass.

If not, when the event gets closer we will re-confirm with everyone and get kids assigned to each car!

pony23
01-18-2015, 02:04 PM
Ok, so we do not sign in on the link Tony posted? It will be handled by the club?

A buddy of mine with a Ferrari wants to sign up, he should use the link?

Thanks

Helo Steve
01-18-2015, 02:14 PM
VOA guys should not use the link, but if you're already signed up, no biggie just let Ed or I know so we don't double book. However the link can be shared with others, but let them know to follow the instructions below to make sure they are in for the dreamride and not just te car show. Exotics for the dreamride only, please! Ferraris obviously are included in that, but what model for my own curiously! So glad people are joining the event, I assure you this will be one to remember!

http://newtowncarshow2015.eventbrite.com/

1) Click "enter promo code"
2) Type "KDR" in the new field and hit "Apply"
3) Under "Kindness Dream Ride Pass" select 1 pass (do not select "GA entrant pass")
4) Click "Register"
5) Enter name, car and Credit Card details
All set!

pony23
01-18-2015, 02:49 PM
He owns a silver 360. He rode up with a few of us to Limerick last year.

John B
01-18-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm in!!!!

MalingatorGTS
01-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Ok..ok...I know..I know...before anyone says anything...I better join....geeeessshhh...the pressure! LOL

ViperTony
01-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Ok..ok...I know..I know...before anyone says anything...I better join....geeeessshhh...the pressure! LOL

Feelin' a little guilty are you? ;)

dbow119
01-18-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm in and signed up! Do the cars involved have to be exotics or can I invite people who have a Shelby GT500, Corvettes, old muscle cars, etc.?

XXX BLK
01-19-2015, 03:07 AM
Ed, I'm in and congrats on being our President

Helo Steve
01-19-2015, 04:49 AM
I'm in and signed up! Do the cars involved have to be exotics or can I invite people who have a Shelby GT500, Corvettes, old muscle cars, etc.?

I'm told exotics only for now, but thanks for wanting to spread the word!

Adrian: thanks for joining!

MalingatorGTS
01-19-2015, 08:37 AM
Feelin' a little guilty are you? ;)

Not guilt...lol..was always, oh yea, I really need to do that LOL! Well now it's done and official! Happy! LOL!

pony23
01-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Nice!!!

ViperTony
01-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Not guilt...lol..was always, oh yea, I really need to do that LOL! Well now it's done and official! Happy! LOL!

Welcome aboard! NY/CT is a fun group. Watch out for Adrian though, he bites.

dbow119
01-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Are we meeting as a group earlier at 9:15? The itinerary I was sent from Chris from the Newtown Car Show said they're meeting at 9:45. I know it's a long ways away, but just want to make sure so I can plan on getting there at the right time since I'm about 3 hours away.

MalingatorGTS
01-19-2015, 01:57 PM
I will be driving down (west) on 84 from the Hartford area. Happy to meet anyone along the way!

dbow119
01-19-2015, 02:19 PM
I will be driving down (west) on 84 from the Hartford area. Happy to meet anyone along the way!

If I am able to spend Friday night at my sister's house (she lives in Wallingford), I'd be interested in meeting you so we can cruise together.

SlateEd
01-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Adrian, Thank you sir! :)

MalingatorGTS - welcome aboard, Thank you for supporting the madness!

dbow119 - good question about timing and route. HeloSteve will help us with that coordinating a spot where we can meet up and cruise in together as we get closer to the date, but I would expect a little earlier than 9:15. If you come down 87 and then eastbound on 84 we might pick you up where 684 and 84 meet. That's just guessing right now but stay tuned.

Thanks everyone for the immediate interest! This is going to be awesome :dude3:

dbow119
01-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Hi Ed, Sounds good! I'll let you know as well whether I'll be coming down 87 then heading east or if I'll be coming from my sister's house in Wallingford and heading west. Either way, we have lots of time to figure out all the little details.

Helo Steve
01-23-2015, 09:47 PM
Ladies and gents, some updates:

Thanks to all who have signed up so far! There are now TWO Pagani Huayras, TWO Ferrari La Ferraris, a 918 and many many more signed up so far!

Some of the kids you will be giving rides to lost siblings in the school shooting... THANK YOU for your support! The local and state police along with the state assembly have approved the closing of roads in both directions, thanks in big part to your support so far!

Here are some points with regard to this ride!.

If you're on Instagram, go follow newtowncarshow, many thanks to DBow for you support. You've been featured all !

Kids have begun having some card assigned to them, there have been literally thousands of random acts of kindness done directly because of this event so far! Kids are talking, school is talking!!!

Do you feel the excitement and feeling of accomplishment already? You SHOULD! THANK YOU!

dbow119
01-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Steve, that is very cool! I believe there is also an Enzo Ferrari that will be joining. The cars will be cool, but I think the real stars of this show will be the children and community. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

pony23
01-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Can't wait for it either. The wife said this is a "Have to" event.

They also have a facebook page.

thetalonguy
01-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Wow, this is really great! Thanks Steve for your help putting this together and getting the opportunity to get us involved.

Just A Dream
01-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Yes, I would like to come and take a ride with you guys, and congrats Ed, Its amazing what ya miss when your in a coma, Hope to see you all soon. Its been way too long

Russ

Helo Steve
01-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Awesome! The event continues to grow...

HobokenViper
01-30-2015, 07:08 AM
Planning on being there. Thanks for putting this together Ed, and congrats on being our Pres!

ViperTony
01-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Steve & Ed great work on this!!! I just checked the link and there's only 1 registration left for the KDR. ;) If you haven't actually registered there may be no room. I hope they expand the registrations. Can never put too many smiles on kids' faces!

SlateEd
01-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Steve & Ed great work on this!!! I just checked the link and there's only 1 registration left for the KDR. ;) If you haven't actually registered there may be no room. I hope they expand the registrations. Can never put too many smiles on kids' faces!

Thanks Tony - The credit really goes to Steve and his friend who is developing the event!

Steve - I want to double-check this with you... are you and Chris maintaining a list of VOA cars based on our thread? do we need to be signing up through the KDR eventbright page? (I thought not, but want to be clear...)

Helo Steve
01-30-2015, 01:53 PM
VOA guys do not need to sign up on the KDR website. Chris and I are maintaining the VOA list and we will re-confirm everyone's attendance one or two months before the show!

Rosie
01-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Hi Steve,
If you are accepting "out of staters" Rusty and I would love to attend. Count us in!
Hope to see you all at the February party!
Kerrie

Helo Steve
01-31-2015, 03:59 PM
Hi Steve,
If you are accepting "out of staters" Rusty and I would love to attend. Count us in!
Hope to see you all at the February party!
Kerrie

Of course you guys are welcome!! Now the big question is: Who's driving? ;)

dbow119
02-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Hey everyone, I've done some "recruiting" for this event in the Upstate NY area...not everyone has a Viper so hopefully no one will discriminate since it is all for a good cause.
My father (with his Shelby GT500) and I were both able to register for the Kindness Dream Ride. I have a couple friends who would also like to participate in the Kindness Dream Ride, but it is sold out (one has a Ram SRT-10 so he registered as a GA Entrant Pass). Will they still be able to participate in the Kindness Dream Ride (even if we have more cars than kids so they can at least park with us) or will that be an issue?

dbow119
02-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Never mind. Newtown Car Show answered my question.

roebear
02-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Definitely in for this. Awesome cause.

Helo Steve
03-05-2015, 09:46 AM
And by the way... It looks like someone messed with my post! I've actually never seen the picture shown (not that I don't like it)

viperjimmy
03-05-2015, 10:08 AM
And by the way... It looks like someone messed with my post! I've actually never seen the picture shown (not that I don't like it)

Steve check your pm please

Helo Steve
03-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Steve check your pm please

Hey you! Check your PM!!! ;)

I replied already! Glad to hear you're coming!

viperjimmy
03-08-2015, 10:05 PM
See you guys there, I'm in! Thanks Steve.

viperjimmy
03-18-2015, 10:22 AM
What I will drive there.

SlateEd
03-18-2015, 03:53 PM
What I will drive there.

Dude, that's AWESOME!

viperjimmy
03-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Julie's bringing the Fangster also. Thanks Ed, it should be an experience, can't wait.

SlateEd
03-22-2015, 12:34 PM
-delete-

viperjimmy
03-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Thanks everyone for coming out today!! Good meal and great company!

oops Ed, wrong thread! lmao

GhostStalker27
04-27-2015, 09:00 AM
Late to the party, but I'm in - looking forward to this one!

Helo Steve
04-29-2015, 05:56 AM
Alright you awesome people, we are drawing closer to the event and need to finalize all of the entries… We have parking for 18 Vipers and I think we are there. I will post more event details in the coming days and will work with Ed to get your full names (needed for the Kindness Dream Ride registration when you arrive at the High School so you can be paired with the children) and your email address.

This will be one to remember!

MalingatorGTS
04-29-2015, 08:56 AM
You know I'm there...and bringing lots of help lol! Shoot me a text for whatever you need.

Helo Steve
05-21-2015, 06:13 AM
Everyone who is registered for the Dream Ride should have received a Driver Email from newtowncarshow@gmail.com. Please take some time to read it as it should have all the information you are looking for in it. The VOA has its own section at the show and all spots are full!

Thanks for your participation! We are less than one month out!

ViperTony
05-21-2015, 08:50 AM
Everyone who is registered for the Dream Ride should have received a Driver Email from newtowncarshow@gmail.com. Please take some time to read it as it should have all the information you are looking for in it. The VOA has its own section at the show and all spots are full!

Thanks for your participation! We are less than one month out!

Thanks Steve I received the email the other day. Very much looking forward to this!

thetalonguy
05-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Got mine too! This is going to be awesome! Can't believe we're almost in June.

roebear
05-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Excellent, got mine too. Are we going to cruise in together? How many of us are there? Super stoked for this.

pony23
05-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Received mine too. Can't wait for this. Gonna be an awesome event!!!!!

MalingatorGTS
05-21-2015, 07:47 PM
HI all...we are all lined up together no matter when you arrive at the show portion after the parade section. There is a full section just for us. They have put an incredible amount of planning and logistics into the show to ensure a wonderful event. I'm not sure if I'm going to stay with family in Danbury the night before or drive down from home. Maybe we could start a small caravan post here of where everyone is coming from and make some meeting points along the way. I'm either coming from the RT 7 near by Stew's in Danbury of down 84 west from Hartford.

HobokenViper
05-21-2015, 11:34 PM
I'll be coming from Armonk, and live literally 2 minutes off of exit 3 on Rt. 684. Will have to check with my gps, but I'll be going north on 684 to get there. Let's get a conversation going about where we are all going to meet and at what time. Maybe anyone coming by my way, we could plan to meet right around there somewhere and head off to meet the rest of the group on the way a bit further North? This event is really just around the corner now!

ViperTony
05-22-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm happy to meet up anywhere on I-84. Newton is short ride for me so I don't mind driving up to the border to meet up. The more the merrier.

MalingatorGTS
05-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Just to help out:

Coming from the NY/NJ area, up 684 to 84?:

From Mass, down 91 or 84 West:

95 South and up Rt 8 or 25:

I will see what I can find as a good local spot outside of Newtown or close to the show for everyone to meet and try and roll to the parade start together. I'm sure Steve knows a good in town spot to meet as well. I will shoot him a text and see.

XXX BLK
05-22-2015, 10:34 AM
Mr. T, maybe I will meet you somewhere. Will confirm as it gets closer.

ViperTony
05-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Mr. T, maybe I will meet you somewhere. Will confirm as it gets closer.

I can feed you the night before. ;)

XXX BLK
05-22-2015, 11:47 AM
I can feed you the night before. ;)

I will meet you two nights before :)

99ACR
05-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Hey Steve,

Count me in if there's room.

Thanks
Dennis

viperjimmy
05-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Hi,
Julie and I didn't get a registration email. What should we do now?

viperjimmy
05-30-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks Steve, I have it now.

HobokenViper
05-31-2015, 07:25 AM
Talked to my couple friends who are news anchors at Verizon 1 and Cablevision, and they are both supposedly now getting news crews to come up to cover the event. Figured any extra press could only be good for the event, and maybe some of us will see our cars on TV.

Looking forward to this! My wife who never comes to any car events with me may actually come to this one and bring my 2 little boys. Should be a good time!

MalingatorGTS
05-31-2015, 08:55 PM
This will be a very kid friendly event. Your boys should have a very good time!

Helo Steve
06-02-2015, 05:49 AM
Aaron, no problem on the news crew, please let them know they should setup along the parade route that was in your driver email. They will not be allowed into the high school parking lot and there is zero room left at the Stop & Shop lot.

Glad there is a chance your wife and kids will come. They will have a great time with all the events going on.

Dennis, I've held off responding in the hopes that someone would cancel so you can have a spot. We are literally jam packed and have no spots left. Can I put you on the wait list in case someone cancels closer to the show?

Helo Steve
06-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Dennis,

Roebear has graciously offered his spot to you for the whole day! Will work better for him not to be in CT that day. Let me know if you would like in!

-Steve

99ACR
06-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Steve,

If the spot is available I will take it!

Thanks
Dennis

Helo Steve
06-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes, Still available. You are the last filled spot.

Can you PM me your last name for registration purposes as well as your email address so I can send you the driver email information.

Thanks!

HobokenViper
06-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Helo Steve, happy to report that my wife and boys will be coming to the show that day! This will be the first event that my wife is going to in 3 years, and only the scond car show she has ever been to. She isn't exactly a car person to say the least, but my 3 year old boy LOVES this stuff.

So assuming the weather is going to hold out in the first half of the day, do we know where everyone is coming from so we can figure out a few meeting points and times on the way there? Should figure out who is coming from which direction and have meeting spots from each direction so we can all have fun group drives for most of the way there, and then we can all meet up at a central location as we get closer to the event.

Thoughts anyone???

MalingatorGTS
06-16-2015, 11:20 AM
I'm heading down 84 West from the Hartford CT area no later than 8 AM...anyone along the way??

HobokenViper
06-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Forgot to add I'm coming from central/southern Westchester, getting onto 684 at exit 3 at Armonk. Who else is coming from that direction from Greenwich/Stamford area, Westchester, or NJ?

ViperTony
06-16-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm heading down 84 West from the Hartford CT area no later than 8 AM...anyone along the way??

Myself and John B can hook up with you on I-84/Cheshire area. I'll PM you the details.

thetalonguy
06-16-2015, 12:19 PM
Forgot to add I'm coming from central/southern Westchester, getting onto 684 at exit 3 at Armonk. Who else is coming from that direction from Greenwich/Stamford area, Westchester, or NJ?

That appears to be on my route from Long Island. It has me taking 684 up to 84. I'd be into meeting on 684 somewhere; just let me know the time and the exit (3 is fine for me).

00VPRGTS
06-16-2015, 12:45 PM
Myself and John B can hook up with you on I-84/Cheshire area. I'll PM you the details.

I can meet in the same area.

Helo Steve
06-16-2015, 04:42 PM
Sounds good, Aaron! I think they will enjoy the event!

Glad you guys are going to hook up for parts of the drive. I've got my hands full with tracking the Dream Ride cars so glad you guys are planning that part out! Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday! Can't thank you enough for the immense support!

ViperTony
06-16-2015, 05:00 PM
I can meet in the same area.

Mike we're meeting up at the park & ride off of Exit 26 on I84 at 7:30am leaving around 7:45am.

99ACR
06-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Steve, Sent you my email. Dbrown3326@aol.com

Thanks
Dennis

99ACR
06-16-2015, 06:13 PM
See you guys exit 26, I 84.

Dennis

MalingatorGTS
06-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Hey Dennis..I sent you a PM you can ignore as it seems Tony beat me to it lol! GhostStalker27 will be meeting us there as well.

ViperTony
06-16-2015, 06:45 PM
See you guys exit 26, I 84.

Dennis

You may need to leave a little early to be on time at the rest stop. Red Viper..just sayin'. ;)

pony23
06-16-2015, 07:49 PM
I'll meet you guys there too Tony.

MalingatorGTS
06-16-2015, 08:58 PM
You may need to leave a little early to be on time at the rest stop. Red Viper..just sayin'. ;)

Don't worry Dennis, there will be another slow red car there to have your back!

SlateEd
06-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Aaron, Matt, others coming from the South - let's do Exit 4 off 684 Northbound. There is a large park+ride lot across the street from the bottom of the exit ramp, we can meet up there.

We should plan to be there by 8, leave by 815. That might change a little depending on how/where we can meet up with those coming from the north / east.

For everyone - It looks like the school is immediately off the exit from 84... should we meet up somewhere else and come in as a group or just plan to meet up at the school a little early?

Helo Steve
06-17-2015, 06:06 AM
Ed, there is a park and ride lot right off the exit on 84 for the high school. You guys could group up there and pull in as a caravan from there.

SlateEd
06-17-2015, 06:23 AM
Ed, there is a park and ride lot right off the exit on 84 for the high school. You guys could group up there and pull in as a caravan from there.

Cool, that sounds good.

EXIT 11 off i84 -Wasserman Way park+ride.

Steve, should we pull into the school right at 9, or be a little early?

HobokenViper
06-17-2015, 06:42 AM
Aaron, Matt, others coming from the South - let's do Exit 4 off 684 Northbound. There is a large park+ride lot across the street from the bottom of the exit ramp, we can meet up there.

We should plan to be there by 8, leave by 815. That might change a little depending on how/where we can meet up with those coming from the north / east.

For everyone - It looks like the school is immediately off the exit from 84... should we meet up somewhere else and come in as a group or just plan to meet up at the school a little early?

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll plan to be at that lot by exit 4 off 684 Northbound as close to 8am as possible. That's in Mt Kisco, isn't it? Who else will be meeting us there? Would be good to know who else we are waiting for so we don't leave anyone behind.

SlateEd
06-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll plan to be at that lot by exit 4 off 684 Northbound as close to 8am as possible. That's in Mt Kisco, isn't it? Who else will be meeting us there? Would be good to know who else we are waiting for so we don't leave anyone behind.

Yeah, Mt. Kisco, rt 172.
Working backwards from the Newtown meet-up we will probably want to leave shortly after 8.
We can discuss and finalize by end of day Thursday and I'll email everyone who is on the list for the show.

Coming from the south so far - Aaron, Matt, Ed, Courtney, probably Adrian and Russ... that looks like it might be it for NYrs.

We might pick up one more near the intersection of 684 - 84

Helo Steve
06-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Yeah, Ed. Exit 11. Here's a pin dropped on the map.

I would arrive at the high school at 9:00am. Will give ample time to get checked in and matched up with kids.

HobokenViper
06-17-2015, 08:11 AM
Going to break out my new GoPro 4 to use for the drive and event this weekend. Should be a lot of fun.

ViperTony
06-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Don't worry Dennis, there will be another slow red car there to have your back!

For the record, Dennis has Race Yellow envy. ;)

SlateEd
06-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Yeah, Ed. Exit 11. Here's a pin dropped on the map.

I would arrive at the high school at 9:00am. Will give ample time to get checked in and matched up with kids.

Cool - so let's all gather at the park+ride off exit 11 at 8:45

working backwards from that for the group coming up from the South... we will meet at the park+ride off exit 4 northbound 684 around 8 and drive by 8:10. We'll make a quick stop off exit 2 on rt84 to pick up DBow and jump right back on, arriving at exit 11 at 8:45.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/41.1948829,-73.6855268/Milestone+Rd+%26+Interstate+84+%26+Old+Ridgebury+R d,+Danbury,+CT/41.40864,-73.2678384/@41.3007789,-73.4708205,36137m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m10!4m9!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x89dd54f962c 14287:0xa77a19b525bc7877!2m2!1d-73.5201377!2d41.3902351!1m0!3e0

99ACR
06-18-2015, 06:29 PM
My next Viper will be yellow!
It will help me with faster times and maybe with the ladies!

You really don't believe that, do you Tony?

Dennis

Rosie
06-19-2015, 05:10 AM
Mike we're meeting up at the park & ride off of Exit 26 on I84 at 7:30am leaving around 7:45am.
Hey Tony, Rusty and I are shooting for 7:30 to meet up with you guys. We'll leave the house at 5:15. Can you PM Rusty your cell so I can have a contact on route. Thanks, Kerrie
See you all tomorrow.

ViperTony
06-19-2015, 08:53 AM
Hey Tony, Rusty and I are shooting for 7:30 to meet up with you guys. We'll leave the house at 5:15. Can you PM Rusty your cell so I can have a contact on route. Thanks, Kerrie
See you all tomorrow.

Absolutely!

Martin2000GTS
06-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Wish I could have made it. Looks like a great turn out. Hope you guys have an awesome time!

pony23
06-19-2015, 10:18 AM
I have a buddy in the dream ride with his Ferrari. He will be tagging a long with me. That's ok ?????

GhostStalker27
06-19-2015, 11:01 AM
I have a buddy in the dream ride with his Ferrari. He will be tagging a long with me. That's ok ?????

hmm I dunno man, what kind of Ferrari are we talking?

if it's something like this, I vote no

thetalonguy
06-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Got me some giveaways for the kids. Toys R Us only had a couple, found the green at a food store and nothing at Walmart. Might try to raid Target later.

pony23
06-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Lol. Noooooooooooooooo. I would dump him as a friend. Lol

Silver car in this pic from today.

GhostStalker27
06-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Got me some giveaways for the kids. Toys R Us only had a couple, found the green at a food store and nothing at Walmart. Might try to raid Target later.

I was thinking of doing the same thing

Lol. Noooooooooooooooo. I would dump him as a friend. Lol

Silver car in this pic from today.

Nice 360, got to drive one of those a few years back.

MalingatorGTS
06-19-2015, 04:02 PM
I checked like 5 stores and can't find a single Viper toy car anywhere! If someone grabs me an extra Matchbox, Hot Wheels etc...I promise to pay ya the $3 lol!!

thetalonguy
06-19-2015, 04:09 PM
I checked like 5 stores and can't find a single Viper toy car anywhere! If someone grabs me an extra Matchbox, Hot Wheels etc...I promise to pay ya the $3 lol!!

You can have one of mine.

MalingatorGTS
06-19-2015, 04:13 PM
You can have one of mine.

Thanks man! My wife is trying a few other stores while she's out shopping now so may luck out. If she finds some I will get some extra to distribute for others as well!

ViperTony
06-19-2015, 07:47 PM
I have an extra Maistro 1:18 scale Viper and two Hot Wheels Vipers if anyone needs one to hand out to the kids.

HobokenViper
06-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Get your cars all polished up tonight guys!

Just talked to a fellow VOA member, Steve, the owner of that beautiful orange TA. He's meeting up with a big crew of guys in his local car club who's cars are also in the event tomorrow. They are meeting at the Brewster Park and Ride right by the intersection of 684 and 84. I have no clue where that is..... Does anyone here know where that is exactly?

They are meeting there around 8am, and will probably still be there around the time we get up in that area, around 8:25 or so. Any interest in meeting them and taking to the road together? They have a bunch of Lambo's, Porsches, Ferrari's, and the orange TA.

SlateEd
06-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Get your cars all polished up tonight guys!

Just talked to a fellow VOA member, Steve, the owner of that beautiful orange TA. He's meeting up with a big crew of guys in his local car club who's cars are also in the event tomorrow. They are meeting at the Brewster Park and Ride right by the intersection of 684 and 84. I have no clue where that is..... Does anyone here know where that is exactly?

They are meeting there around 8am, and will probably still be there around the time we get up in that area, around 8:25 or so. Any interest in meeting them and taking to the road together? They have a bunch of Lambo's, Porsches, Ferrari's, and the orange TA.

:-)
Let them try to catch us as we drive past there... we're going to have a terrific VOA turnout tomorrow, let's really celebrate that as we arrive at the high school together!

See everyone at exit 11 (or sooner)

MalingatorGTS
06-19-2015, 09:25 PM
I found the one and only Viper Matchbox tonight at store number 8 on the day! Woo hooo

See everyone in the AM!!!

SlateEd
06-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Courtney and I just grabbed a few mini-Vipers too.. could not find a single matchbox/hotwheels size, but CVS routinely has 1:36 scale (about 4" long). We have a few extras. one red, one yellow, one B/W just to spread it around :-)

SlateEd
06-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Great seeing everyone, and even meeting a few familiar forum friends for the first time.
I'm so proud to be a part of this group! We had a great turnout, and we bring the fun! But the best part was the look on everyone's face who I spoke with right after the ride... here we are adults with supercars grinning just like the kids haha!

thanks everyone who came out and big thanks to our own NY/CT VOA member HeloSteve who was responsible for logistics and more with the Dream Ride - great job Steve!

Added Courtney's Phone shots and a few from my parents... GoPro stuff maybe tomorrow, Here's a SLIDESHOW (http://s937.photobucket.com/user/slateed/slideshow/Newtown%20Kindness%20Ride)

HobokenViper
06-21-2015, 12:34 AM
Great seeing everyone, and even meeting a few familiar forum friends for the first time.
I'm so proud to be a part of this group! We had a great turnout, and we bring the fun! But the best part was the look on everyone's face who I spoke with right after the ride... here we are adults with supercars grinning just like the kids haha!

thanks everyone who came out and big thanks to our own NY/CT VOA member HeloSteve who was responsible for logistics and more with the Dream Ride - great job Steve!

Added Courtney's Phone shots and a few from my parents... GoPro stuff maybe tomorrow, Here's a SLIDESHOW (http://s937.photobucket.com/user/slateed/slideshow/Newtown%20Kindness%20Ride)

Couldn't agree more Ed! This had to be the best and most enjoyable event and car show that I've ever participated in. Just the whole concept behind it was amazing, and then to give a very deserving kid a ride and see them smiling ear to ear just because they get to go for a ride in our cars. That made my day! Until I got stuck in a bad downpour on the way home.......ugh. Haha!

Proud to be a part of the VOA and really glad I went today. We really have a great group of people here and I'm happy I got to meet some new faces today as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Oh, and somehow I managed to win a nice glass trophy from the organization behind the entire event?! Apparently my Viper was their favorite car in the show?! What?!?! With a Pagani, Mosler, Ultimate Aero, LaFerrari, Enzo, and countless Lambo's, Ferrari's, etc, I'm totally shocked and honored that I won.

pony23
06-21-2015, 05:26 AM
What an awesome event!!!!! A definite thanks to Steve and all associated with the Dream Ride. Great meeting some new VOA people and catching up with the ones I already know. I saw tons of smiles from the lucky kids that received rides in their dream cars.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/dsg03vert/New%20town%20dream%20ride/IMG_8022_zpsdy4xpc3q.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/dsg03vert/media/New%20town%20dream%20ride/IMG_8022_zpsdy4xpc3q.jpg.html)

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/dsg03vert/New%20town%20dream%20ride/727F8816-FBE2-4B9E-84A0-7C687DCFA65E_zpsruyxstjh.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/dsg03vert/media/New%20town%20dream%20ride/727F8816-FBE2-4B9E-84A0-7C687DCFA65E_zpsruyxstjh.jpg.html)

ViperTony
06-21-2015, 08:27 AM
Incredible event. Really impressed with the turnout, cars and all of the coordination that went into this. These kids are great. My passenger was adamant that my Viper was the best Viper there yesterday. I have to agree with him. ;)

MalingatorGTS
06-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Nice to finally meet many of you yesterday. I posted a bunch of pis thus far on IG. PM me your seen names if you'd like me to tag you. I will try and post some here later today when I have more time. Thanks all for coming. Viper Nation represented BIG yesterday!

Helo Steve
06-21-2015, 09:15 AM
Love all the posts so far! Many of you expressed interest in donating to the FAITH Food Pantry of Newtown, but didn't know where or how to donate. I specifically didn't ask VOA for donations as I felt that your contribution of taking a child for a ride was most important! I will put up a link to a donation page or you can write a check payable to MOMS Club of Newtown, memo "Car Show" and mailed to MOMS Club of Newtown C/O Isabel Destival, 24 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.

Full post and pics coming!

thetalonguy
06-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Had a Great time yesterday! My kid and his family said I was the coolest driver; so I got that going for me :-)

I had the Pagani two cars in front of me and then Lambo Sal in front of me. Every once in a while they would slow down a bit to gain distance and then gun it. So I followed suite and I think my kid really enjoyed that. BTW, was that Stephen King in the Pagani?

Thanks for all the hard work you put in to make this event happen Steve. It was a HUGE turnout with totally awesome cars, some great food and great people. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It felt really good to be part of something special like this.

Aaron, post up some of the GoPro video if you get a chance. Can't believe I forgot mine.

Helo Steve
06-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Also, please post any pictures you have of children with you and with or in your cars!

GhostStalker27
06-22-2015, 08:39 AM
My man Max and myself about to head out

I want to thank Steve and anyone else involved in putting this together, I had a blast and I think Max did too. It was nice finally meeting some of you in person, good group of people here. Thanks for the wonderful experience.

Rosie
06-30-2015, 07:47 AM
Kerrie and I had a great time at the event! It was very well organized and very well thought out with so many people that were involved. A great big THANKS goes out to Helo Steve for his planning and dedication! Thanks for the invite. I couldn`t believe the cars and people at the event; to see 9 or 10 GT Fords along with all the other exotic cars was quite a sight for anyone that considers themselves a car-buff! (had to be in the millions) and the smiles on the kids faces;PRICELESS. It was great to see everyone down there and thanks again to Steve and everyone else behind the scenes. I was glad to see Aaron and his family there (they even got an award!)Kerrie drove a little girl named Bella and they had a great time driving together!
Hope to see you all soon at another Viper event...proud to be a member of the Viper family.
Rusty and Kerrie

viperjimmy
07-06-2015, 09:16 AM
Had a great time and thanks to all the organizers and volunteers. Here's a link to the pictures I took: https://goo.gl/photos/nNTM6yBVxckNemvRA