PDA

View Full Version : How much for the TA parts?

Voice of Reason
11-20-2013, 10:43 AM
The TA has 20% stiffer springs, stiffer sway bars 35% front and 31% rear, and rotors with 13% more surface area. Can a supplier/dealer get prices for us on these so we can see if any of them are a good buy for upgrades?

Thanks!

Smog Dog
11-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Check with JonB. But if you are not going to do some serious tracking, I think it would be a mistake. Our suspension is already stiff enough for me! And the brakes are fine, too. JMHO

Bill

Voice of Reason
11-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Check with JonB. But if you are not going to do some serious tracking, I think it would be a mistake. Our suspension is already stiff enough for me! And the brakes are fine, too. JMHO

Bill

Agreed on the brakes, I just included those in case others are interested. But sway bar upgrades in my past cars have really improved things so I'm interested in those.

Bill Pemberton
11-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Keep in mind all of the changes are based on the electronic suspension also, so it would be alot more efficient and less costly to do something like a MCS Suspension. - plus then you can also lower it.

mjorgensen
11-20-2013, 11:48 AM
I have always gone the stiffer springs and better shock route so each wheel has a better chance of articulation when it needs to rather then the inside wheel reacting to the outside wheels deflections. When each tire can maximize itself everything works better and smoother IMHO.

mjorgensen
11-20-2013, 02:03 PM
The springs on the TA are 240# front and 600# rear. The rear bar is the solid one from the 10' ACR the front is the solid one from the Comp Coupe offering.

As far as the brake upgrade in the front it is not as easy as a swap of parts because the ABS and stability programming will be affected by the change to a non TA car. This programming cannot be done alone at the dealer level so I have no idea how drastically the program would affect the car.

SmoknTires
11-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I put motons on my GenIV and love them. Lowered the car over an inch and gives me several levels to change stiffness.

Does anyone know if the genV's with elec suspension be lowered by spring caps like previous gens? That was a good and cheap way to lower previous late model gen cars.

mjorgensen
11-20-2013, 02:30 PM
I put motons on my GenIV and love them. Lowered the car over an inch and gives me several levels to change stiffness.

Does anyone know if the genV's with elec suspension be lowered by spring caps like previous gens? That was a good and cheap way to lower previous late model gen cars.

SRT's can be lowered any way you wish. The GTS can work with springs as long as the drop is small, (can get electronics confused if to far down). I don't know if the caps are the same possibility, I would stick with a spring IMO.

VENOM V
11-20-2013, 02:36 PM

SRT engineers told me that the spring caps won't work on the Gen V. However, Ralph has been driving a GTS with lowering springs and isn't throwing any codes or experiencing other issues. Rumor has it that they are within 5% of the spring rate of the stock SRT/GTS springs, so they should be perfectly matched to the existing dampers. Rumor also has it that Mopar will release those springs at some point.