PDA

View Full Version : Keyfob program for 2000 RT/10

PatrickB
11-20-2013, 09:35 AM
In digging around online, I've found a few different sets of instructions on how to program a new keyfob for my '00 RT/10. But that's the problem, I found different sets of instructions and I'm not sure what I need to follow.

When I purchased the car, I was given one set of original keys/keyfob which work just fine. I wanted a spare set of keys, so I've duplicated the keys and I ordered a 2nd keyfob last week. The dealer will program, but I figure this is an easy task and see no reason to pay the dealer to do it.

Does anyone know the definitive steps to take to program the new keyfob for a '00 RT/10? Unless I missed it in the owners manual, all I'm seeing is how to resync a keyfob that is out of sync.

Thanks in advance..

eucharistos
11-20-2013, 10:15 AM
iirc these instructions are from Ron (i also posted this in the How To Section)

this is for new or additional fobs, etc, not to re-synchronize fobs after battery change

1. Ensure the alarm system is not armed.

2. (1996 ~ 1998 GEN II) Ground pin C13 loose green wire taped to harness of EEM connector, which is under dash mounted on the left side of trans tunnel, directly above accelerator. Easy access if you remove knee bolster and rubber bungee cord that holds EEM to tunnel.*2A. (1999 ~ 2002) As #2, but instead of C13 you're grounding Terminal 1 of the DLC, Data Link Connector, i.e. the under dash OBD2 connector which is above your left knee2B. (ALL GEN I) Ground green "Program" Wire located next to SAM and RKE modules. Is a green wire with a bullet connector on end. Is located under driver's side instrument panel.Hint, Make sure you're connecting to a solid body ground by testing it with an ohm meter.

3. Turn ignition to run position while green wire is*still grounded!

4. EEM acknowledges entry into programming mode by flashing the dash LED. If it doesn't flash, you either:*- Have the wrong wire- Aren't solidly grounded*- You came off ground after the ignition switch was placed in the run position. Start over.

5. (All GEN II) Press BOTH buttons on the transmitter simultaneously and continuously for 10 seconds. You will hear a triple horn chirp when FOB is accepted by the EEM.*5B. (All GEN I) Press and release the arm or disarm button on either FOB, then same for the next.Hint: Make sure your transmitter is working, i.e fresh CR2032 battery $1.19 @ Zbattery.com and good clean battery contacts. Many times your problem is an electrically weak connection within the FOB itself.

6. You MUST program all FOBS during the same programming process. You can program up to 4 on a GEN II and I think only 2 on a GEN I.That's it. Turn the ignition off and remove green wire from ground, then test the arm and disarm functions.

I've done 4 FOBS myself and found it quite easy once you find the green wire.

eucharistos
11-20-2013, 10:17 AM
will try to upload a pic of the EEM connector pin numbers later

PatrickB
11-20-2013, 09:14 PM
will try to upload a pic of the EEM connector pin numbers later

Thank you for posting the instructions and if you could upload that pic as well that would be great!

eucharistos
11-20-2013, 09:29 PM
this was correct for my gen 2: