PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 alignment specs

ck9887
01-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Car is an 05, driven primarily on the street with the occasional autocross. The shop did an alignment today and told me they aligned it within factory specs. Here is the printout they provided. Can someone who has some knowledge on the subject let me know if these measurements are okay, I'm a bit ignorant on the subject. Thanks

Steve M
01-12-2015, 10:38 PM
I'd think you might want a little more negative camber up front and the toe set closer to 0, but how does it drive?

Check this thread out...it has Mark Jorgensen's recommended alignment specs:

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/5177-Alignments-Chrysler-Dealers?highlight=alignment

ck9887
01-12-2015, 10:52 PM
I have not driven it yet, the shop is finalizing some exhaust work on the car. Within the next few days I'll be able to put a few miles on it.

mjorgensen
01-13-2015, 08:39 AM
Adding more -camber up front will help the car track better and not follow the ruts so bad causing darty steering. -1.3 - -1.6 is fine in the front for a street car, the rear can stay where it's at.

FrgMstr
01-13-2015, 12:57 PM
I am sticking with -2.5 front and -1.7 back. This with the MCS singles set to near full rebound setting is incredible. Full day out at CoTA and I never once felt ANY understeer. Like it is on rails.

Steve M
01-13-2015, 03:17 PM
I am sticking with -2.5 front and -1.7 back. This with the MCS singles set to near full rebound setting is incredible. Full day out at CoTA and I never once felt ANY understeer. Like it is on rails.

You have the single adjustables, correct?

mjorgensen
01-13-2015, 03:27 PM
You have the single adjustables, correct?

Yes he does, the rebound adjustables, they all have adjustable ride height.

Steve M
01-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Yes he does, the rebound adjustables, they all have adjustable ride height.

Rog...the pressure was preset to about 185 psi on those, correct?

mjorgensen
01-13-2015, 03:35 PM
Rog...the pressure was preset to about 185 psi on those, correct?

The pressures on the singles are pre set at 180 I believe and they are not adjusted the same as the canisters on the doubles. They use a needle valve to do that so most buyers will never have to worry about the pressure. If you want to change it you will need the appropriate hardware from MCS and access to nitrogen of course.

ck9887
01-13-2015, 05:17 PM
The car's suspension is stock, so I'm more interested in a good street alignment for my stock suspension with decent tire wear and the occasional curvy back road.
Thanks

FrgMstr
01-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Alignment specs for the current Gen V models are on page 3 of this Chrysler PDF.

http://media.chrysler.com/dcxms/assets/specs/2014_SRT_ViperGTS_SP.pdf

Steve M
01-13-2015, 06:31 PM
The pressures on the singles are pre set at 180 I believe and they are not adjusted the same as the canisters on the doubles. They use a needle valve to do that so most buyers will never have to worry about the pressure. If you want to change it you will need the appropriate hardware from MCS and access to nitrogen of course.

Understood...just getting some data points. I bought a PowerTank setup to adjust the pressures in my doubles, so I'll probably be playing with that over the next year or so.

ck9887
01-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Ok, I had a chance to put some miles on the car. The car drives straight, no issues there. However, it does seem to track more than I'd like. Seems to get twitchy with uneven pavement. Also, at higher speeds (70+ mph), the steering seems a bit twitchy, almost too sensitive. So add a little camber up front? Will going with - 1.3 degrees of camber up front still allow for even tread wear on the tires?

And lastly, does anyone have a good shop they would recommend to do the alignment? I'm located north of Houston.

Thanks