PDA

View Full Version : I'm IN!!!!!!

OUVIPER
01-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Just got a 2004 Red convertible. Have wanted a viper since they first came out. Never thought the wife would give me the thumbs up but my 4 kids are off the pay roll..... so it is dad's turn to play. Can't wait to interact with you all. I had the car delivered from Denver. I had sat in a viper once but I had never driven one or even heard the engine running in person. When the driver started it up to back it off the truck I started jumping up and down like a little kid.... 59 years old! Drove it some yesterday and she can get angry can't she? Did not drive today it is raining. I think that is a sin. I could be even in this clubs bylaws! I think you should be able to tell I am ALL IN.

jerry in Edmond Oklahoma

RPM9000
01-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the Viper World Jerry. I was 54 when I got my first Viper. I'm now almost 65 and still going like I was 25! Just take it easy and get used to the car or it can bite you!

Paul

Space Truckin
01-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Congratulations, nice choice and as RPM9000 posted learn the car and enjoy the RIDE!

Herrsss
01-13-2015, 03:52 PM
First off, welcome to the club! Great group of people who enjoy their cars and the friends they make thru a shared passion.

I'm not quite as old as Paul but Richard and I were a little late to the Viper party because we had to get the kids out of college! Now I call us empty nesters gone wild . . . I have a Gen IV roadster, Gen V Medusa #1 and an ACRX clone and he has a Gen V coupe and an ACRX clone.

Paul's absolutely right - take your time and get used to the car . . . read about too many crazies who wreck within the first week or two of ownership because they didn't respect the snake.

Wanna get to know the car really well? Take it to a road course track - where else can you legally have fun at 150 mph??

Slithr
01-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Welcome aboard Jerry! You obviously have impeccable tastes in cars ;)

I'm not nearly as old as Paul either, but for an old fart, he is wise and can drive!

Not sure if you can make it but the Texas Round-up would be a good opportunity to meet folks in the club/region. http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/5817-2015-Texas-Viper-Round-up-amp-All-Viper-AutoX-is-coming-to-Houston!-March-20-22

Rvan
03-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Welcome I am new as well.

Vombomb
03-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones, 31 here :D Newbie here as well!